News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Do You have the balls to name your FLAWS????

Started by dan kauye, September 15, 2006, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan kauye

We are all so quick to point out the negative stuff about other people, but how often do we turn the mirror on ourselves??
Is anyone on this site enough to name their  own flaws??

Mine are...

I Can be very selfish. I am all for helping others, and being there with open arms, but when it comes to anything that involes Dan kauye. Dan kauye comes first.

I can let my natural confidence carry over to conciet at times.Whatever I put my mind to I make sure I become the best at. I havealways  been that way since I was little.But sometimes being the best also means not dealing with the fact that there is someone out there better than you. :idea:

I'm far too loving. And far too forgiving. This is something I learned with my ex, and it has messed me up still.. :x

I will do anything for anyone around me, but for myself..lmfao..

I'm naive. I trust people very easily and think almost everyone has good intentions. :lol:  :lol:

You get the picture,don't ya? Alright,the list goes on, but i'll stop in here for now

Anyone care to indulge?  :idea:
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

HUSNAA

Eh Dan Kauye
This one na self advertizement no be so? E be like say all yr faults are good faults.... :lol:

I have an inability to form close friendships because I dont like being too close to anyone. I cant keep up correspondences for long. I ignore ppl on my contact list half the time. In other words, I am not a sociable person. I prefer my own company much of the time.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Quote from: "HUSNAA"Eh Dan Kauye
This one na self advertizement no be so? E be like say all yr faults are good faults.... :lol:

I have an inability to form close friendships because I dont like being too close to anyone. I cant keep up correspondences for long. I ignore ppl on my contact list half the time. In other words, I am not a sociable person. I prefer my own company much of the time.

Ah? True? Husna, did I read it well that you wrote you aren?t gregarious?
If that is really what you are, to me it sounds odd, contrary to what my imagination is mirroring you as and also what your post are revealing here.

I hope our great Senior Member will  someday be able to accomplish such a humongous flaw. Amen.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

I am gregarious alright!! :D I am chatty friendly and non judgemental. I also take ppl at face value. But I still prefer my company.

*~MuDa~*

...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

dan kauye

Quote from: "HUSNAA"Eh Dan Kauye

I've always been amazed @ how diversified our personalities as humans  are.It's a little unusual though,that you are a ''loner'' cuz I've always viewed women from an angle that basically suggests that they,for the most part,form closely-knit-bond with one another more readily & are more interdependent(emotionally & other wise) than thier male counterparts.I understand where you are coming from though..a little remiscent of my aunt ,who according to my book cud be said to be ''sole self observer'' or ''solitary''.

Im not being judgemental,Im as flawful(I know,I know that's no word) as you are..just stating my view.You cud start your social revolution by being friends with Dan-kauye lol.. :lol:

Another one of my several flaws ,is that I'm loyal to a fault.It's a dark world out there,that much I know is true..

Fateez

Quote from: "dan kauye"

I Can be very selfish. I am all for helping others, and being there with open arms, but when it comes to anything that involes Dan kauye. Dan kauye comes first.

Dan kauye aren't u contradicting urself here?
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Fateez

One of the best quotes i have ever heard

"The greatest of all faults is to be conscious of none. Recognizing our limitations and imperfections is the first requisite of progress. Those who believe they have arrived believe they have nowhere to go. Some not only have closed their minds to new truth, but they sit on the lid."

~ Dr. Dale E. Turner

Are you recognising ur flaws so that you can change, or are you just pointing

it out for fun? cos Husnaa i dont see anything wrong with being individualistic.

infact, i'm a bit like that sometimes. And dankauye the ability to be loyal

and forgiving is becoming rare these days plus sometimes, being naive is

golden.

Hehe, u people if these are your only flaws then u must be almost perfect

cos gosh, they dont qualify as flaws in my dictionary. More like uniqueness.

Anyways, good luck with sorting things out  8)
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

dan kauye

Quote from: "Fateez"
Quote from: "dan kauye"

Dan kauye aren't u contradicting urself here?

***dead*** That's contradictory,perhaps I didn't get my notions together.I guess I'm less mysterious than I'd like to think..

Muhsin

Quote from: "HUSNAA"I am gregarious alright!! :D I am chatty friendly and non judgemental. I also take ppl at face value. But I still prefer my company.

Thanks for that brief clarification. But am still in a bit perplexed by your reply.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: "Fateez"Are you recognising ur flaws so that you can change, or are you just pointing

it out for fun? cos Husnaa i dont see anything wrong with being individualistic.

infact, i'm a bit like that sometimes.]

JUST POINTING IT OUT FOR FUN HEHEHE!!!  :lol:

I however feel its a fault because I sometimes feel that I encourage myself to be left out in certain things. I doubt that I will change though, because I have found that life is much simpler when u dont nose around into other ppl's business.
Believe me I have lived around ppl who only want to know what  intrigues u are up to because they are always hatching them up. I have lived with ppl who want to know  whats bad about u and not what's good; I have lived with ppl who will size u up with a single look; when I was twelve yrs old i got into serious trouble because I said something that was taken out of context and I suffered for that. That single incident taught me never to say a word without processing the implications of it. I have lived with ppl of whom I knew and was aware of their dislike of me. I have also lived with some extraordinary good ppl, but as always the not so good outnumber the good. This has made me withdraw into myself, and in anycase, I learnt very early in life not to talk whenever anthing didnt involve me or concern me. and unfortunately for me, I am not a very inquisitive person. This I used to think was a blessing and I guess it is in a way, because it meant that I hardly bothered about someone especially when that someone wants me to be bothered with them in a negative way, like for example be envious and jealous cos they have something that I dont have or some such thing. However, being uninquisitive has meant that I missed out in academic brilliance :(
So u see Fateez, it is really circumstances that have shaped the way I am. Like I said to Muhsin, I am absolutely gregarious and somehow God has given me a sense of humor, because around ppl I love and trust, I seem to forever be making them laugh.

Quote from: "Fateez"[Hehe, u people if these are your only flaws then u must be almost perfect

cos gosh, they dont qualify as flaws in my dictionary. More like uniqueness.
No one is perfect unfortunately, but thanks anyway!! :D

Fateez

Ohhhhhhh, I see. But if after all that, you are still a happy person then it's

all good. Plus its good if you are just pointing it out for fun. I think i have

enough flaws to make Bridget Jones jealous. But then again i really dont

want to part with some of them because i believe letting go of little

things might make you lose your identity. I used to be quite self conscious

in da past. U know worrying about "not fitting in" and trying to please the

people that would never see da good in you anyway and no matter what you

do, they would always find something wrong. But then i discovered the path

of Da "I dont care" attitude and I'm loving it! Even though this earned me

a spot in my Auntys' black book and the "rebel" tag, I really dont

care!  :roll: Life is so good! Plus, not worrying about what other people

think gives you more time to think about other important thingz... :D  :D

HUSNAA

maybe that is another of my flaws that i cant adopt the ' i dont care attitude'. My approach is to have as little to do with annoying ppl as poss. i make sure we dont cross paths often. On the other hand, ppl who are very close to u (like yr aunt for example) will never be vicious to u and I really mean it when I say vicious, cos that's the kind of attitude and reaction I am talking about.
Getting back to u, if u can really make Bridget Jones jealous,  :shock:  :shock: then I hope u have a Mark Darcy in yr life  to sweep u off yr feet  :wink:  :wink:  cos u'll need him....she is so scattter brained!!!    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

bakangizo

Kai, the turanci you ppl dey speak here. Sofri-sofri for us abeg. Aha. Ehm, this thread remind of my Uni days at ABU. There was this course, Corporate Strategy, and we were treating a topic on SWOT Analysis. The lecturess asked everyone to write down and submit 5 of his/her strenght and weaknesses. And keep a copy. This was to form the attendance register, where she'll pick them at random during lectures, call out the name on the copy submitted to her, while the unlucky fellow would stand up and read his/her copy to the class. On the first day, she shuffled the papers (much like someone preparing to play cards :roll: ), picked one and called out the name. And, horror of horrors, it was my name! My name fa wallahi ! :shock:  You can imagine, in a combined class of about 500 students from two depts. Anyway, I braved it, stood up and read my copy. I can remember about 3;

1. I'm too much of a realist, something some ppl mistook for pessimism.
2. I'm always ready to jump into any argument/debate and take a side,
   making ppl feel I always believe am right.
3. I put myself first in most situations.

Well, there. There might be more, but those are the ones I can think of now. :lol:

dan kauye

Cud the words ''weakness'' & 'flaw'' be in used in an interchangable fashion/the same context? If yes,how so?