News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

UK

Started by Dave_McEwan_Hill, September 16, 2006, 01:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I note there are a lot of Nigerians in this forum contributing from UK. There are many Nigerian students in Scotland. Are any contributing to Kano Online.
maigemu

Barde

Barde schooled and worked briefly in aberdeen, and was contributing from there.
im

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Hope you were treated well in Aberdeen.
maigemu

moray

Dave you and I have not always seen eye to eye. However, I would be grateful if you could give me information about Hausa organisations in the UK. I would love to meet some of you people and learn more about you.

HUSNAA

what are u moray? a moron?  :roll:  Cant u SEE from   dave's surname that he's SCOTTISH!!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Indeed I am very Scottish indeed.
What puzzles me about Moray (apart from some of his bizarre views) is that Moray is the name of an area in the North East of Scotland.
maigemu

Muhsin

Husna lives in UK, uh? I never know wallahi. But it parcially seems from all angles.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

No  I dont live in the UK Muhsin. I am just temporary out of Nig that is all. I am not in the UK either at present.

HUSNAA

sorry moray.  a pun was intended there, because yr pseudoname almost rhymes with moron that is why i used it. No offence meant. But really moray, u are a puzzle to many of us...

moray

Husnaa, thanks for the explanation.
But why am I a puzzle to you?

Barde

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"Hope you were treated well in Aberdeen.

Oh yes! the people there were so nice, especially the girls. Though i had problem with their accent, but i managed to adapt within some few months of my arrival, then the weather too.
im

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Aye, lots of us even in Scotland have to listen very carefully when Aberdonians are speaking.
Fit like, mon ?
Furraboots ye fae?
Faur d'ye bide?
maigemu

HUSNAA

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"Aye, lots of us even in Scotland have to listen very carefully when Aberdonians are speaking.
Fit like, mon ?
Furraboots ye fae?
Faur d'ye bide?

i think 'furraboots ye fae' translated, sounds like whereabouts are u from?
and 'faur d'ye bide' sounds like where do u live?
what is 'fit like, mon?' mon = man?

Barde

Husna,

'Fit Like' is the same as how are you?and the answer is 'Ne bad'. Can you guess what is
doonnear?
fantabidor?
im

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Ur ye shair ye havna bin in Scoatland, Husnaa?
maigemu