News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Mallam Shekarau with foreign Accounts?

Started by Barde, September 29, 2006, 12:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Believable?

Yes
1 (20%)
No
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: September 29, 2006, 12:30:59 PM

Barde

I Just came across the write-up and decided to share it with kanoonlinners, though its a bit bulky but its worth reading. Is it believable?

The Story of Shekarau?s Foreign Accounts

By
Jaafar Jaafar
jafsmohd@yahoo.com

For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, the bold but basket-mouth chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, it poured. And when it poured or spilt, hardly one can recoup the exact quantity before it spilt. It could only be moped up and left the remnant to soak. Its, in a similar vein, akin to releasing a mouse in bales of hay. Those that cannot be recouped, though seen, are those who Nigerians called sacred cows. Ribadu?s shoulder is laden enough with allegations and counter allegations that he could only act on a whim. Nigerians may have been happy that stratocracy or military government had withered with all its overhanging branches and leaves, to wit ? corruption, impunity and obnoxious laws. But all these, to our downright chagrin, are still the features of our modern-day democracy. The cases of corruption have, like mushrooms, sprung in a different shapes and styles. Impunity and flagrant abuse of the court orders by the executive and some sacred cows are the order of the day. Anti-people laws have several times gained passage through our legislative chambers while good laws are dumped into the bin of materialism. Such is our democracy.

This writer is one the supporters of any move of the Federal Government to put a knife through the underbelly of this monster that has, as we suppose, plagued our development. I support Obasanjo?s crusade (with the obvious selective derring-do of Ribadu though) because there is no false accusation. The restitution of the billions stolen by Nigerian fraudsters and leaders to the original owners is, to any impartial commentator, commendable. Yet, in the interest of fairness, we must totally condemn the lackadaisical manner in which they handle other cases involving those who are in the good books of the president and others who, according to the perception of others, bribe some EFCC officials to evade humiliation.

The EFCC Act 2004 and Money Laundering (prohibition) Act 2004, give powers to this commission to fight financial crimes committed by all Nigerians, including the occupants of the public office. The Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit, NFIU (the local branch of the Financial Intelligence Unit, FIU) now dons the famous but dreaded attire called EFCC. And being a brainchild of the Financial Action Task-Force (FATC), a Paris-based institution of the G8 with the responsibility of fighting drug and financial crimes around the world, coupled with the active support of the United States, this commission (EFCC) is expected to copy the zeal, impartiality and passion with which the Western countries fight corruption. But certain forces, however, dog the passion and zeal of the commission.

The rumour that is now circulating around the town is that Kano State governor, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau; Abdullahi Sani Rogo, former commissioner for local governments (now adviser to the governor) and; Garba Yusuf, the present Commissioner for Environment (who were interrogated alongside their principal by the EFCC with respect to their alleged foreign accounts) have bribed the EFCC officials to avoid humiliation. The allegation against them, if found to be true, is quite unfortunate and a clear violation of Section 3 of the Fifth Schedule, Part 1 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that states clearly: ?The President, Vice President, Governor, Deputy Governor, Ministers of the government of the federation, and Commissioners of government of the States, members of the National Assembly and Houses of Assembly of the states and such other public officers or persons as the National Assembly may by law prescribe, shall not maintain or operate a bank account in any country outside Nigeria.?

It will amaze Kano people (the small group who are still under the spell of a phenomenon called Shekarau would be more surprised) to know that one M.I. Shekarau, a Nigerian (could it be our governor?), has a classified National Westminster Bank Plc., account with a whopping deposit of ?4,512,269.59 with the account number: 4113242. National Westminster Bank Plc is at Level 7 Phase 2, Rentioville Road, London, N1 9h1, England.

The same masquerade who calls himself M.I Shekarau also operates a classified account at National Commercial Bank Plc., Head office Jeddah, Saudi Arabia with the equally whopping deposit of 2,214,905.67 Riyals. The account number is 9600438 and National Commercial Bank is located at Jeddah 21481, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Relatively speaking, other deposits belonging to one Mr S. A. Rogo and one G. A. Yusuf are ?paltry.? The classified account deposit belonging to Mr S. A. Rogo has 9,336,00 DM with the account number: 35000861 and the code number is 51130006. The bank?s address is TAUNUSANILAGE 12, D ? 60325, Frankfurt, AM Main Germany. This same bank has another deposit of ?5,428.00 belonging to one G. A. Yusuf with the account number: 343356 and a code number: 61240053. The same G. A. Yusuf has a deposit of 9,428.00 DM at Deutsche Bank A.G., Heidenhern, Germany. The account number is 2125356 and the bank code is 61370086.

Could all these allegations be coincidence? Could the initials: M. I. Shekarau be our very own Malam Ibrahim Shekarau? Could it be a fabrication of some ?contending forces? (who are rich enough to deposit more than N1bn in the M. I. Shekarau?s accounts)? Could the initials G. A. Yusuf be Garba A. Yusuf, the State Commissioner for Environment and Abdullahi Sani Rogo, former Commissioner for Local Governments who recently suffered humiliations that led to his forced exit from the cabinet? The questions are left for EFCC to answer.

It is still unfathomable and beyond my wildest dreams that the governor?s aides, let alone Governor Shekarau would be enmeshed in any money laundering charge until recently when I came into possession of the aforesaid classified infosheet that shocked me so much that I almost drooled over it. Utterly perplexed, I complained to my source that the money is too much ? it is more than N1bn! How could he?? But the response of this notable proffered the suitable answer to my poser. ?Shekarau?s government so far receives more than N200 billion,? he quipped, ?so it is like an ordinary man losing N1 out of N200 ? would he have felt the pain?? No! So now the saint we knew in 2003 has joined the comity of other looters? If so, no thanks to the handiwork of absolute power, which as the famous aphorism says, corrupts absolutely. It is yet another broad moral question mark dangling not only on the governor, but also on the integrity of Kano people who are never known to be money launderers. How could we remember our governor in that stinking side of history? The side where we remember other leaders like Jean-Claude Duvalier, former president of Haiti; where we remember Mobutu Sese Seko, former president of Zaire; Ferdinand Marcos, former president of Philippines; Suharto, former Indonesian president; DSP Alamieseigha; ?M. I. Shekarau? (?) etc?

Sources close to intelligence circles say that when the governor was confronted with these allegations, the obviously terrified governor allegedly admitted that it is his signature but he is not the one who operates the accounts (? la President Obasanjo who claims that Ota Farms cheques are not signed by him despite the fact that his famous ?OO? signature always bore the cheques). In his characteristic manner of giving implausible pretext, Shekarau allegedly testified that it was Kwankwaso (his whipping boy) who deposited over four million pounds and over two million riyals into the accounts! To anybody who has had the privilege of successfully completing his primary school education, this is most ridiculous.  This came after spending three years mismanaging our resources, telling us lies, deceiving us, telling us they are saints, holier than thou and very transparent that a bottle of Highland Water is envious. These are the people who claim to have monopoly of piety, integrity and transparency above any other son of our blessed state. Abomination!

Meanwhile it is yet another burden on the EFCC?s shoulders, Kano people eagerly await their actions since they have not, perhaps, drawn a blank? Over to you Mallam Nuhu.

Jaafar writes from Kano. Email: jafsmohd@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im

Muhsin

Cmpletely unbleivable I am and I definetly will remain. Sorry, no enough time for posting now, but I vow later InshaAllah.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Barde

Quote from: "Muhsin"Cmpletely unbleivable I am and I definetly will remain. Sorry, no enough time for posting now, but I vow later InshaAllah.

With all these facts? am eagerly waiting for your reasons.
im

mlbash

t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Barde

Quote from: "mlbash"can't believe it! i strongly object!

Reasons???
im

Muhsin

Quote from: "Barde"
Quote from: "Muhsin"Cmpletely unbleivable I am and I definetly will remain. Sorry, no enough time for posting now, but I vow later InshaAllah.

Stop being eager to hear from me my dear. What my so-called reasons got to do with what you already have in your mind? Can I anya convince you? I'm afraid......so leave you. What's your reaction? Do you still want my reasons?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Barde

Quote from: "Muhsin"

Stop being eager to hear from me my dear. What my so-called reasons got to do with what you already have in your mind? Can I anya convince you? I'm afraid......so leave you. What's your reaction? Do you still want my reasons?

Wallahi you can convince me 100%, i don't totally agree with the writer that was why i even brought the issue here, since there are members of this forum staying in kano.
im

bakangizo

Which facts? It is completely baseless, fictitious and the work of a political desperado trying very hard to create trouble where there is none. THe EFCC Chairman had last week briefed the Senate on the ongoing investigations of the states' governors and gave a run down on the commision's findings state-by-state, alphabetically. I refer you to the papers, specifically The Guardian Newspapers of last week. Either Thursday or Wednesday. I tried to get a link to that particular news piece but unfortunately the Paper's web site does not have a news archive :(   Kano, and probably one or two other states were the only states in which the governors were not in any way accused, connected or found guilty of misappropriation of public funds. Only two local govt. chairmen were currently under investigation. I urge Ja'far (the source of your story) to PLEASE hasten to the EFCC with his story and evidence.  However, on the issue of fertilizer, the EFCC had earlier stated that the sum of N2b was recovered for Kano state govt., from the suppliers who had so far supplied only half of the N4b given to them in advance (very wrong, I admit).

Muhsin

Quote from: "Bakan~Gizo"

Which facts? It is completely baseless, fictitious and the work of a political desperado trying very hard to create trouble where there is none. THe EFCC Chairman had last week briefed the Senate on the ongoing investigations of the states' governors and gave a run down on the commision's findings state-by-state, alphabetically. I refer you to the papers, specifically The Guardian Newspapers of last week. Either Thursday or Wednesday. I tried to get a link to that particular news piece but unfortunately the Paper's web site does not have a news archive :(   Kano, and probably one or two other states were the only states in which the governors were not in any way accused, connected or found guilty of misappropriation of public funds. Only two local govt. chairmen were currently under investigation. I urge Ja'far (the source of your story) to PLEASE hasten to the EFCC with his story and evidence.  However, on the issue of fertilizer, the EFCC had earlier stated that the sum of N2b was recovered for Kano state govt., from the suppliers who had so far supplied only half of the N4b given to them in advance (very wrong, I admit).
Bakan Gizo, You absolutely got it the it is. Thanks

bakangizo

I reproduce below another write-up by the same faceless Ja'far. It was another futile, desperate and ridiculous attempt to tarnish the image of Shekarau. It was published on the Gamji website. You may perhaps believe me now that the said Ja'afar had a mission, namely to attack the governor. Never mind whether it was glaring what he was after, or how pathetically rubbish what he wrote is :wink: . It's a pity.

Gen Buhari, Gov Shekarau and TBO By
Jaafar Jaafar
jafsmohd@yahoo.com

When he had the opportunity to rule the country in the early 80s, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) exhibited the desire, with uncommon patriotism, to bring discipline and save the country from the obvious ineptitude and corruption of the Second Republic politicians. With hindsight, Buhari could have taken Nigeria to the Promised Land but for the palace coup that thrown Nigerians into ?agony of thwarted dreams? to quote IBB, the mastermind?s thought-provoking parable on the occasion of his 67th birthday recently. Buhari came to power in the 80s with the sole intention to bring discipline in our social life, or to invoke Chief Justice, Belgore?s words, ?they (military) came to cure a malady in the national development; malady of ineptitude?? Given Buhari?s unimpeachable integrity and the fact that from all conceivable nuances, the polity was a clear reflection of the NPN days, a group that was later known to be The Buhari Organisation, TBO, dragged the venerable general into politics apparently to cure such maladies of the nation since the ruling PDP proved inefficient.

General Buhari is the most self-effacing, humble and easygoing person with military background I have ever seen. He is different from the general run of haughty, crafty and avaricious Nigerian generals. Humble enough that he rarely turns down any invitation to occasions. Perhaps the only invitation he had once turned down was sometime last year when he was invited to Kano to ?commission some projects? ? reflector-vest for achaba operators and tricycles. To broach this subject may amount to opening old wounds, but to those who can read between the lines, the general made exception to his rule for obvious reasons. Buhari has made himself so cheap that a local government chairman would invite him to commission a ?project? as evidenced in Dala Local Government, Kano last year.

Many, at least the downtrodden who see him as a shoe-in for the presidency, perceive the General?s foray into politics as a right decision before the events of 2003 elections and the events of the recent convention of the All Nigeria People?s Party, ANPP humbled the optimism of a large chunk of his supporters who incidentally are Kano people whose governor, to their disappointment, parted ways with the revered general. To say that Buhari and Shekarau are not in good terms is almost a trite or something close to saying that the face-off between President Obasanjo and his deputy, Atiku Abubakar is a rumour. The feud between General Buhari and Governor Shekarau started when Kano chapter of his campaign engine, TBO, parted company with the later after they pennilessly installed him.

Even with the landslide victory of Ibrahim Ali Amin Little in the ANPP gubernatorial primary election in the first week of January 2003, in which Senator Albert O. Lagogie, the chairman of the ad-hoc committee of the conduct of ANPP primaries in Kano State, said Ibrahim Little scored 857 votes, while the second contestant, Ibrahim Shekarau scored 181 votes, the TBO went ahead to use its connections at the national level to reverse the decision of the valid election ? the rest is now history. All said, in what was similar to the typical subterfuge(?) inherent in tender process whereby the preferred bidder is selected in favour of the highest bidder, TBO preferred Shekarau to Little, the valid winner of the party?s primary. To say that TBO?s role in bringing Governor Shekarau to power was pivotal is really understatement because it was the same TBO combatants who after wresting the party?s ticket from Little, also relentlessly guarded, with military touch, the decision of the masses against the rampaging PDP crowd. It also beats the imagination of Adamu Adamu, a public affairs commentator of repute, as he righteously lamented in one of his satirical commentaries that it is surprising Shekarau ditched this group that secured his mandate ?in almost military style.?

Dating back to pre-independence era, treachery and disloyalty have never been novel arts in the Nigerian politics as the former Chief Press Secretary to IBB, Duro Onabule insightfully chronicled in his Friday column (see Daily Sun September 15). So it is not a new phenomenon, but coming from an unexpected quarter, least of all Governor Shekarau, will nevertheless surprise any political pundit. That Governor Shekarau is now calling his benefactors-cum-mandate protectors names is to say the least, shocking!

The enmity seemed manifest by the disengagement of some of the TBO members from the government; manipulation of the party affairs from the hands of the TBO and; a state exco elections in which the TBO was rigged out. The lingering crisis move stealthily until it snuffed the political life of the organization and maimed politically some of its top members like Ahmadu Haruna Zago whose life-long ambition to lead the party pre-dates the governor?s entry into the party as an ordinary member. It was in these elections that all the perceived loyalists of Buhari were denied any post, while the members of the governor?s camp were, in a speedy manner, (s)elected. The election, or rather the circus, was really interesting, unprecedented and a gross violation of the ethos of democracy. Nasir Adhama, a young but political heavyweight of the rise within the TBO circles, was one of the contestants who were perceived to be die-hard supporters of Buhari. His hope to become the State Youth Leader of the party was dashed no sooner had he put a step into the election venue. Adhama found that those favoured by Shekarau were wearing some sort of identical dresses ? green caps and white babbanriga! In view of this, no candidate from Buhari camp sailed through. The election monitors were sponsored for pilgrimage and given other goodies by the government for their job, while the Ali Modu Shariff-led caretaker national leadership of the party ratified the elections.

All told, the treachery culminated in the failure of Kano government, whose subjects ironically are staunch supporters of Buhari, to support any of the 18 candidates favoured by Buhari during the recent convention. Some of the TBO members were openly told by the administrative secretary of the party that they should not waste their money to buy the forms because their governor had already anointed his candidates for the slots allotted to Kano.

Even when the governors brought the issue of consensus ostensibly to favour their candidates, the ever confident and sincere general opted for an open contest. Mike Ahamba SAN who staked his life on the party, faced the intrigues of the powers that be and spent about 30 months displaying his forensic prowess from one court to another was almost unanimously denied because of his perceived faithfulness to Buhari. The pearly array of Mike Ahambas that could have redirected the party and made our dreams for better Nigeria come true was manipulated just because of the wishful thinking of some politicians.

But of all the irregularities said to have marred the convention, those committed by Kano delegates were most unfortunate, thus given Buhari?s popularity in Kano. The hypocrisy was that each of the Kano delegates was given pre-filled ballot in a sealed envelope to cast. When Ibrahim Babankowa of TBO, who was also a delegate from Kano and a contestant to the post of Vice Chaiman, North-west, demanded to know the logic of giving them pre-filled ballots, the former Police Commissioner was told point-blank that it was because they did not know how to fill the ballots! The next hypocrisy was that none of their vehicles carried Buhari?s poster like other states who openly display the posters of their favorite candites. And to stem the impending revolt of Buhari supporters, they did not also carry that of any other candidate but that of the governor and state factional leader of the party, Sani H. Hotoro.

On a final note, I want the general to know that defection is never a taboo in politics. Astute politicians like Olusola Saraki, Abubakar Rimi, etc, did defect from the party they nurtured from obscurity to prosperity. They left because believe they have the supporters; the supporters follow them because they have confidence in them. Party is nothing more than a mere platform on which candidates vie for political offices. I am sure it is the belief in such philosophy that made Comrade Adams Oshiomhole to go for the little known Labour Party. So I want General Buhari to please answer my humble call to defect from ANPP to any other platform before Ume-Ezeoke set a disciplinary panel headed by, perhaps, Governor Shekarau to penalize him for ?insubordination? in a like manner the Saraki/Lawal feud nearly set a precedent but for the shrewdness of the august politician, Dr Abubakar Olusola Saraki.

HUSNAA

Quote from: "Bakan~Gizo"I reproduce below another write-up by the same faceless Ja'far. It was another futile, desperate and ridiculous attempt to tarnish the image of Shekarau. It was published on the Gamji website. You may perhaps believe me now that the said Ja'afar had a mission, namely to attack the governor. Never mind whether it was glaring what he was after, or how pathetically rubbish what he wrote is :wink: . It's a pity.

[/i]
But what jaafar has written is an account of what happened at the recent ANPP caucus when elections to key positions within the party were carried out. I like Shekarau and I like Buhari. I think they are both men with a lot of integrity. However, none is above being manipulated and that is what may have happened, after all apart from those two stalwarts and Najaa Ali Abdallah, almost all other ANPP members are out to serve themselves not the common man. I am sure wa'yan su ne suka shiga tsakanin su.
I was of the opinion that Buhari should exit from the ANPP. But I have changed my mind because despite the fact that there are a lot of ppl who will benefit politically in the ANPP from  Buhari's continual membership in the party, (e.g. the renegade govenors), his chances for standing as a presidential candidate in the ANPP are much better than in any of the other major parties like PDP or AC which are overflowing with the country's political top brass.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

Quote from: "HUSNAA"
But what jaafar has written is an account of what happened at the recent ANPP caucus when elections to key positions within the party were carried out...

Read btw th elines, Husnaa. Read btw the lines. Barbed sentences/phrases like the following (emphasis mine) are meant to paint Shekarau as an ingrate, a betrayer, dishonest etc etc. Everyone knows what happened during the convention. The faceless Ja'far can not therefore sit down, twist the truth amateurishly and expect ppl to swallow it hook, line and sinker. :wink:

...The feud between General Buhari and Governor Shekarau started when Kano chapter of his campaign engine, TBO, parted company with the later after they pennilessly installed him.

...All said, in what was similar to the typical subterfuge(?) inherent in tender process whereby the preferred bidder is selected in favour of the highest bidder, TBO preferred Shekarau to Little, the valid winner of the party?s primary

...Adamu, a public affairs commentator of repute, as he righteously lamented in one of his satirical commentaries that it is surprising Shekarau ditched this group that secured his mandate ?in almost military style.

...But of all the irregularities said to have marred the convention, those committed by Kano delegates were most unfortunate, thus given Buhari?s popularity in Kano. The hypocrisy was that each of the Kano delegates was given pre-filled ballot in a sealed envelope to cast

HUSNAA

But even what you emphasized was the truth. Shekarau was penniless in relative terms since he didnt possess the kind of money that politicians throw around in order to turn around the outcome of elections. In other words he didnt have to spend a kobo of his own money (almost) in order to get elected.
Although I cant dipute that Little was the winner over Shekarau, what I do know is that Little was more popular than Shekarau, but he conceded to Shekarau as the candidate for the gubernatorial seat... I heard that a long time ago. Cant remember where though so in a way it is true.

Shekarau's mandate was secured in a most dramatic manner that was for sure. Maybe not quite military but in a militant style.

Again the prefilled ballot paper. I heard that on Kowane Gauta. So there is an element of truth in it. However, it still doesnt mean that Shakarau is essentially a bad person or has bad intentions towards Kano and himself. He has too much integrity for that.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

kitkat

Husnaa, little never conceded to shekarau, there was a bitter court battle over the issue. Buhari and co also knew that little won the primaries but they insisted on shekarau for reasons best known to them and i guess his subsequent victory justified their decision.

What i find puzzling thereafter is the over glorification of buhari and the reduction of anpp politics to the sorry situation its in today, ie youre either pro buhari or the devil incarnate and a bloody ingrate. Part of the problem is buharis attitude and the unguarded utterances of his cohorts without any reproach or word of caution from the messiah himself.

I have nothing against buhari as a person but i believe he was sufficiently abreast of the dynamics of nigerian politics and its attendant moral issues when he decided to join the fray. Reliable sources confirmed that the anpp governors(who fund the party almost 100% and therfore have quite a say!) approached buhari with a proposal to select candidates by concensus and offered him some positions to nominate. He bluntly refused and insisted on elections. I should state here that the anpp constitution allows for and even encourages consensus even at the primary level with voting as a last resort to avoid a victor and vanquished situation.
At the elections buharis men lost all 18 positions vied for and the rest is history. I should also remind all that buharis emergence as anpp flag bearer in 03 was arrived at after the governors met thru the nite at kebbi governors lodge and decided thru consensus to adopt him. This is despite the semblance of "primaries" at eagle square which led to most aggrieved contenders( pere ajunwa, rochas okorocha and even late okadigbo b4 he was offered the vp slot) leaving the party in protest.

It is therefore instructive that buhari now thinks a consensus arrangement is undemocratic.

As for emerging the anpp candidate take note that immediately after the convention buhari was on bbc lambasting the whole exercise and calling the emergence of the executive a fraud as well as castigating the governors for manipulating the process.

This fraudulent executive is still very much in place and  will oversee the emergence of the parties flagbearer for 07. Two of the fraudulent governors are in the race, one is being hounded and abused at every opportunty by buharis foot soldiers and the other is an obj apologist.......

I dont know where husnaa is getting her political bearing on this one , but i think the odds are stacked rather ominously.

Allah dai ya zaba ma kasar mu da jihohin mafi alheri a wannan karnin domin abin da ban tsoro

bakangizo

Quote from: "kitkat"
What i find puzzling thereafter is the over glorification of buhari and the reduction of anpp politics to the sorry situation its in today, ie youre either pro buhari or the devil incarnate and a bloody ingrate. Part of the problem is buharis attitude and the unguarded utterances of his cohorts without any reproach or word of caution from the messiah himself.

Na gode maka, kitkat. Exactly my point.

I have nothing against buhari as a person but i believe he was sufficiently abreast of the dynamics of nigerian politics and its attendant moral issues when he decided to join the fray. Reliable sources confirmed that the anpp governors(who fund the party almost 100% and therfore have quite a say!) approached buhari with a proposal to select candidates by concensus and offered him some positions to nominate. He bluntly refused and insisted on elections. I should state here that the anpp constitution allows for and even encourages consensus even at the primary level ...

I should also remind all that buharis emergence as anpp flag bearer in 03 was arrived at after the governors met thru the nite at kebbi governors lodge and decided thru consensus to adopt him. This is despite the semblance of "primaries" at eagle square which led to most aggrieved contenders( pere ajunwa, rochas okorocha and even late okadigbo b4 he was offered the vp slot) leaving the party in protest.

It is therefore instructive that buhari now thinks a consensus arrangement is undemocratic.

Sorry, I can't resist those excellent points you raised. :lol: Not many ppl can see that.