News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

V for Vendetta!

Started by *~MuDa~*, November 18, 2006, 06:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*~MuDa~*

I watched this movie and i was like "wow"...its really an interesting. Produced by the Wachowski Brothers, the same guys that produced and directed the Matrix Triology, the movie is awesome, the idea is borrowed from the 80's Alan Moore comic book.

The film is set in another time-line, in a dystopian future United Kingdom, ruled by a facist government. The government maintains control of the country through food shortages, government-controlled media, secret police, a planned economy, and concentration camps for racial, political, and sexual minorities. The protagonist of the movie, "V", is the result of one such concentration camp. V is a self-proclaimed freedom-fighter, a terrorist for some. Incomparably charismatic and ferociously skilled in the art of combat and deception, V urges his fellow citizens to rise up against tyranny and oppression. Just like Guy Fawkes' failed plan, he blows up the parliament building in the end, a symbol of the facist government.

The storyline is fairly complex and subtle. Thankfully, they haven't tried to dilute it for the audience. The dialogues are more delightful! V is portrayed as a man of fine tastes & immaculate language. Here is an example of a befitting response he made when he was asked to introduce himself;

V: Voil?! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate.This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-?-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

I bet you...this is a movie to be seen!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Muda isnt this supposed to be material for the chit chat forum??  :?  :?:
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

alhaji_aminu

salam

I truly enjoyed V for Vendetta because the film came across to me as an anecdote for what is happening in our World today- with terrorism and all. Hugo Weaving gave an exceptional- albeit faceless, portrayal of the hero (or is he the villian???) of the movie; Natalie Portman was great too.

I cannot recall exactly but I believe the Homosexual fellow Portman's character went to when she was in trouble had a copy of elegantly calligraphed Quran in his house (for its poetic quality he insists).  Perhaps the writers wished to make a statement by that .......

If you ask me, I would say V's verbosity is somewhat unnecessary. Even though it gives the movie and it's lead a certain aura of sophistication, I felt, when watching the movie on DVD, that many people are put off by this.

One cannot help but see parallels between the virulent newscaster in that movie and our very own Bill O'Reilly on fox news. He spews hatred and peddles myths and falshehood as fact, hates minorities, advocates fascist policies and supports torture. I am sure big brother will be proud of him.

Great film, Watch it!

_Waziri_

Many people read meanings out of the reference made to the Qur'an in that movie to mean many things including the sublte allusion made to that poetic quality. Also my European friends at Freedom Technology are unanimous in their belief that the reference to 15 November 2015 in the movie as the D-day alludes to something real that will happen that day which will change the course of events in the history of the world.

Well, I think I have some measure of familiarity with Wachowski Brothers, their worldview, value base and philosophical inclinations. With that I can not easily  dismiss the claims that something to do with astrology may have been done before the concept of that movie came about them.

Years back after their release of the Matrix Triology, which is a practical exercise on the truth of the philosophy of the matrix of old, that was debated by ancient philosophers like Plato, Aristotle, Ibn Rushd and many other Muslim theologians. Harun Yahya, the towering Turkish intellectual then wrote a comprehensive and analytical review of the Matrix Triology in which he demonstrated that it was really to enunciate the truth of the claim of the hereafter as mentioned several times in the Qur'an. He sent his book to Wachowski Brothers, and according to him, they were happy with what he did.

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: "HUSNAA"Muda isnt this supposed to be material for the chit chat forum??  :?  :?:

No it's not, coz the admin didnt gave specification on post categories in this section, infact he said you can post "anything here. Did u see the movie? Its not only action-action u know, infact it is a-more-talk-less-action kinda movie. More or less the controversie entangled!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Havent seen the film. Will tell u what I think about it when I see it in sha Allah
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Where do you think can I simlpy get that film here in Kano? 'cuz I had never heard of it.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

*~MuDa~*

I first saw the movie from a friend of mine when he came back home for holiday from bauchi. I got interersted but couldnt get to watch it for it was a pirated copy. 2 weeks later i saw its DVD in my house, so i got hooked. But i dont really know who brought it though...my folks are kind of film freaks.

I think if you go to the general market' 'yan kura', around Bata, there are movie shops where all sorts of CDs are sold mainly by the igbos. You can even be lucky to get its DVD.
www.articlesdir.co.cc