News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

IBB's Declaration: A requim to an ailing Behemoth

Started by Nuruddeen, November 13, 2006, 11:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuruddeen

Nigeria is now at cross roads. But there is no way one can sympathise with it, especially at this crucial  moment when the countrymen know that it is in dire need of a messr. It baffles me when I reflect those days of IBB's rulership. This man was the brain behind entrenching corruption permanently in the mind of Nigerians. My friend Mahadi Shehu captured this man well in his "IBB: The dangers of blind investment". I for a very long time pasted Mahadi's article on this forum. If some of you here were opprtuned to read the writeup, you will never look at IBB as somebody who wish well for the entity called NIGERIA. I urge u to scroll on the general board and refresh ur minds on who this so called EVIL genius is.

Unfortunately, Nigerians have no choice than to wait for another eight years of corruption spree and immoral inducement of people to accept bribe for  the sale of thier rights  at a fee. This man is coming back and I assure you it will never make any difference(mark my words). The plot now is: OBj is  going to support IBB together with Peter Odili as his vice president. But the question is: have you thot of the eight years stewardship of IBB and seven and a half years of litmus test by OBJ?

Pls dont sypathise with urselves, whatever happens, there is gonna be...at the end of a tunnel only that pple shud remember that even Allah helps thos who want to help themselves. And going by this statement I doubt much if there will ever be such a...at the end of that tunnel.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Muhsin

Well, translating the exact word of the verse won't be a tea party for me, but its in the holy Qur'an where Allah says; "Innallaha laa yugaiyiru maa bi kaumin hattaa yugaiyiruu maa bi amfusihim" meaning..Allah never will disappointed mankind, not unless they did such to themselve (I think I did mysell 'cuz of my infant like English). Therefore, Nuradden, don't ever give-up. Pls, persevere...Allah is seeing, listening, watching....all that's  going on in this country. Don't give up in your prayer for good, reasonable leaders of sterling quality. Allah will certainly hepl.

Its really dishearten what maybe is gonna happen in this country; our vote isn't what will give who we want right to be what we wanna him to be. Only those, who present leaders (and maybe elites) want to be so-and-so will be what they want. What an injust?

Allah ya zaba mana mafi alheri-Ameen!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "Muhsin"Well, translating the exact word of the verse won't be a tea party for me, but its in the holy Qur'an where Allah says; "Innallaha laa yugaiyiru maa bi kaumin hattaa yugaiyiruu maa bi amfusihim" meaning..Allah never will disappointed mankind, not unless they did such to themselve (I think I did mysell 'cuz of my infant like English). Therefore, Nuradden, don't ever give-up. Pls, persevere...Allah is seeing, listening, watching....all that's  going on in this country. Don't give up in your prayer for good, reasonable leaders of sterling quality. Allah will certainly hepl.

Its really dishearten what maybe is gonna happen in this country; our vote isn't what will give who we want right to be what we wanna him to be. Only those, who present leaders (and maybe elites) want to be so-and-so will be what they want. What an injust?

Allah ya zaba mana mafi alheri-Ameen!

Mallam Muhsin,  I really appreciate ur observations and holistic approach to the matter. In fact, thats y I said even Allah helps those who wants to help themselves. U cant just fold ur arms and then expect miracle to happen. Your quotation of the above ahadith is in line with what we are saying. And to add to that, Allah sai "In tansurullah yansur kum wayusabbit aqada makum". i.e if you help Allah's religion, He will definitely help u and entrench ur foot permanently in absolute salvation.

I am not totally condemning IBB. Human beings have thier goo an bad sides but his bad deeds outweigh the good ones. I stand to be corrected.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Muhsin

You have correctly talked true Nurudden.

And to add on that; Allah again says; Laa taqnaduu min rahmatillahi ie Don't ever give-up/desist hoping miracle/marcy from Almighty Allah. Thus, no matter how armed these people are, we're sincerely optimistic; always hoping happening of good in this country and that's by doing our best to succed not by sleeping.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Dan Allah kudaina jin tsoron wai IBB zai dawo. Ba inda zashi. Babban kuskuren sa shine da ya tsunduma cikin PDP.  Me turawa suke cewa ne? 'Wai haushin karen ya fi cizon sa lalata', to wannan 'yar maganar tana surantan yanayin da IBB yake ciki. In kuma OBJ yana so yayi wa PDP kunar bakin wake, to ya marawa IBB baya. Sai ma ya fidda ita daga cikin kangin wahalar da take ciki, dan yanzu jam'iyar tayi durkushen dan marakin da za a dadira wa wuka a wuya.
Duk da matsin da Atiku yake sha daga wajen OBJ, yafi IBB karbuwa a wajen jama'a, and his odds of becoming the next prez are higher than IBB's. Not that I'd cast my vote for him either.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

amira

sukuma mutane why the hec are they voting for dodge people su suke ja ana cutar kasarmu they saw what happened b4, get new people involed, the younger generations am sure za'a suma masu wanting a change with new ideas. It makes me laugh that IBB thinks he's getting in to the presidency sector :lol:  as husnaa said ba inda zashi sai dai Allah zaba mana president mai tsoron Allah da sanin yakamata.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "HUSNAA"Dan Allah kudaina jin tsoron wai IBB zai dawo. Ba inda zashi. Babban kuskuren sa shine da ya tsunduma cikin PDP.  Me turawa suke cewa ne? 'Wai haushin karen ya fi cizon sa lalata', to wannan 'yar maganar tana surantan yanayin da IBB yake ciki. In kuma OBJ yana so yayi wa PDP kunar bakin wake, to ya marawa IBB baya. Sai ma ya fidda ita daga cikin kangin wahalar da take ciki, dan yanzu jam'iyar tayi durkushen dan marakin da za a dadira wa wuka a wuya.
Duk da matsin da Atiku yake sha daga wajen OBJ, yafi IBB karbuwa a wajen jama'a, and his odds of becoming the next prez are higher than IBB's. Not that I'd cast my vote for him either.

Haba Ranki shi dade! ba wai tsoron IBB ake ba only that the man has acquired the wherewithal and tactful strategy of power maneuverability. He ofcourse is no different with others. We have seen the downfall of ppl like Idi Amin, Adolf Hitler, Alexander the great and co. So we are not traumatised either. Much thnx.

HUSNAA

Mallam Nurrudeen, it is very legitimate mutum yaji tsoron abin da zai cuce shi. Amma we all think and believe that IBB is powerful. Granted that he has money and that confers that power on him, but I think we mystify the man too much and attribute some ingeniousness which he doesnt possess; otherwise he'd have apprehended the fiasco that June 12 was likely to become, before he engineered it.
Likewise, the so called political strategy of being the mastermind behind OBJ's coming to power; since they were military buddies, pre 1999 he should have known something of the psychological behaviour of the man that he was foistering on the ppl and how he would react given so much power, after all OBJ is almost like an open book in that he lacks subtlety, which IBB is supposed to have in unlimited quantities.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

What Husnaa was trying(aforesaid) is just to demistify who really is what IBB; to her just a common man like anyone of us likewise a powerfull ex-tyrant with strong newtork within and outside the Nigerian landscape.Notwithstanding that, as she said, it's only Allah that gives mulki. And that is true.

It was again revealed that; Nuradden too was not really afraid of the man but sincerely, by knowing who he is, announcing the tendency of his becoming the next president. And to me, Nura's words don't sound chickenhearted but a plain truth.

At other wing, the great Amira was, as usual and always, supporting her elder sister.

Moreover, nikuma  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :idea:

Muhsin

Quote from: "Muhsin"What Husnaa was trying(aforesaid) is just to demistify who really is IBB; to her just a common man like anyone of us likewise a powerfull ex-tyrant with strong newtork within and outside the Nigerian landscape.Notwithstanding that, as she said, it's only Allah that gives mulki. And that is true.

It was again revealed that; Nuradden too was not really afraid of the man but sincerely, by knowing who he is, announcing the tendency of his becoming the next president. And to me, Nura's words don't sound chickenhearted but a plain truth.

At other wing, the great Amira was, as usual and always, supporting her elder sister.

Moreover, nikuma  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :idea:

lionger

No more recycling of tested and thoroughly failed leadership abeg. It's a real shame that there will be no true elections come April, but rather 'selections'.  :(

There is nothing chickenhearted about Nurrudeen's post. Everything he said about IBB's previous tenure as leader was spot on; if it were truly up to us, such a man should not not be brought back to power. His concerns about IBB's return are also understandable.

IBB's ingenuity or lack thereof is an interesting issue, but perhaps a bit secondary. He annulled the June 12 elections - that's enough! He may not have imagined that ths would lead to his downfall but still that decision brought misery and confusion into many people's lives. That is enough for me.

alhaji_aminu

Salam

If we as Nigerians make the grave mistake of letting this beast become our president, then our generation will be condemned as the one that allowed an accused murderer, a suspected drug dealer and coup plotter gain a position that is sacred in our democracy.

We really must be crazy to even contemplate letting this man become our president. Have we forgotten that he denied others(Adamu Ciroma and Shehu Musa Yar'adua) the chance of getting into a free and fair contest for the presidency? Have we forgotten or forgiven him for annulling what many consider a free and fair election. If he ever tries to justfy any of the dastardly acts above, we should accept his explantion and then let him taste the bitterness - or is it sweetness- of his own medicine by banning him from standing elections or annulling the result if, by any chance, he appears to be winning.

One cannot help being baffled by why this man even has the guts to present his stinking self to the Nigerian people. Is he expecting us forget his devaluation of the Naira- something which decimated the savings of many and destroyed the Industries that many Nigerians depend on. Or is he expecting us to forget the senseless increases in fuel prices- something that led to massive inflation.

God! I am so frustrated and angered by Babangida that I wish he just gets a stroke and become brain dead. That way, he will be living but could contribute nothing to Nigerias politics.

I appeal to all those who support him to ask them selves, " Do you honestly think Babangida is Nigeria's solution?". The answer, in my opinions is a resounding no. Your should be so too........

lionger

Haba alhaji aminu,

Brain dead? That's a bit too much. Let's not wish him bodily harm - even though that happened to many on his account. I want him brought to justice, not to power. Many Nigerians aren't prepared to believe in project Nigeria until IBB is brought to justice.

Barde

I felt disappointed when i saw the crowd that accompanied him to PDP headquarters, some Nigerians are so stupid, myopic and at the same time forgetful. Wallahi tallahi, i rather loose my right thumb than to vote for him.
im

amira

hmmmm, theses naija ppl wats wrong with them???????? i would not vote ibb even if he gave me $$$, haba don Allah ppl of this country naga alamar basu san inda ke masu ciwo ba. as you said Barde they are forgetful, some of theses politician know how to steal ppls heart once they have given them some $$$ i believe this is a thing to shut their mouths, see abin duniya na rufe masu ido, they walk like blind bats.

Seriously this whole issue with nigeria is all bout "MONEY" if you look round the corners u will see how a person wants to be a president, a governor or wat eva just bcos they want to eat arziki without doing wat they were placed to do, they only use the money for their benefit, su dai baruwansu da other ppl of the country whether they have food to eat or sumthing to drink.

Allah sauwake!!!!
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*