News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

I will not resign, says Jigawa deputy governor

Started by sdanyaro, November 16, 2006, 03:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdanyaro

I will not resign, says Jigawa deputy governor
From Hassan A Karofi, Dutse

The Deputy Governor of Jigawa state has insisted that he will not resign from his post and has confirmed a growing political rift between him and the gov-ernor.

Barrister Ibrahim Hassan told a crowded press conference in his office that despite reports of attempts to impeach him after he decided to leave the People?s Democratic Party (PDP), he still remains the deputy governor and has no plans to resign.

He said: ?I have heard that an attempt was made to impeach me but I know impeachment is a constitutional issue that comes up when an elected officer is found to have committed an impeac-hable offence. I doubt if cross carpeting is an impeachable offence,? he said.
?After all we left the party on whose platform we were elected and there was noth-ing against us for doing that.

Why all the hue and cry now?? I don?t have to resign my position because of going to the All Nigerian People?s Party, he said.

The embattled Deputy Governor also confirmed growing political differences between him and his boss.
He said: ?It is evident we cannot achieve our political aim here, but we are still consulting with almost every-body on the best option left for us and as I have said always, we are in politics politics because we want to serve and I cannot be intimidated to resign,? he added.

The bad blood between Mr Hassan and Governor Ibrahim Turaki is believed to have begun after the adoption of former Foreign Affairs Minister, Sule Lamido, as the governors chosen successor to governor Turaki in 2007.

Hassan said: ?I have heard of attempts to impeach me but I have been told by many legislators that there was no such attempt.

Anyway even if it is true, I want to assure you that we are working hard with all our supporters to see what is best for us?.
The deputy governor also said that it is practically not an offence to dump the PDP to the ANPP because according to him, he is playing politics of issues with people as central to all his decisions and not politics of individualism.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "sdanyaro"I will not resign, says Jigawa deputy governor
From Hassan A Karofi, Dutse

The Deputy Governor of Jigawa state has insisted that he will not resign from his post and has confirmed a growing political rift between him and the gov-ernor.

Barrister Ibrahim Hassan told a crowded press conference in his office that despite reports of attempts to impeach him after he decided to leave the People?s Democratic Party (PDP), he still remains the deputy governor and has no plans to resign.

He said: ?I have heard that an attempt was made to impeach me but I know impeachment is a constitutional issue that comes up when an elected officer is found to have committed an impeac-hable offence. I doubt if cross carpeting is an impeachable offence,? he said.
?After all we left the party on whose platform we were elected and there was noth-ing against us for doing that.

Why all the hue and cry now?? I don?t have to resign my position because of going to the All Nigerian People?s Party, he said.

The embattled Deputy Governor also confirmed growing political differences between him and his boss.
He said: ?It is evident we cannot achieve our political aim here, but we are still consulting with almost every-body on the best option left for us and as I have said always, we are in politics politics because we want to serve and I cannot be intimidated to resign,? he added.

The bad blood between Mr Hassan and Governor Ibrahim Turaki is believed to have begun after the adoption of former Foreign Affairs Minister, Sule Lamido, as the governors chosen successor to governor Turaki in 2007.

Hassan said: ?I have heard of attempts to impeach me but I have been told by many legislators that there was no such attempt.

Anyway even if it is true, I want to assure you that we are working hard with all our supporters to see what is best for us?.
The deputy governor also said that it is practically not an offence to dump the PDP to the ANPP because according to him, he is playing politics of issues with people as central to all his decisions and not politics of individualism.

"We got to emancipate ourselves from political slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds. One can fool some people sometimes but cannot fool people all the time".

The above was the Legendary Robert Nesta Marley in his song "Get up stand up". Why I quoted Marley was to buttress Mallam Salisu Danyaro's (the Webmaster's) quotation on my State's (Jigawa's) deputy governor, who said can't resign from his position but  eventually decamped (to ANPP) even against all premature  threats of political impeachment by Governor Turaki's brigandage and ill motivated reasons to push the man to commit political hara-kiri.

My dear webmaster, in politics there is no permanent ideology or statement but permanent interest. Alhaji Ibrahim Hassan could have made that statement under duress. He could have also said that just to create the fear of the unknown in the minds of political innuendos. But the fact of the matter is: the man has made a come back to ANPP and merged with Faruk Adamu Aliyu. And Faruk of All People (AP?) lol! has agreed to give way for Hassan to contest the governorship under the party. A typical case of good "political sportmanship".

As Alhaji Mamman Dankwairo said: "Kyawun Tafiya Dawowa, amma Ga wani ya Tafi bai dawo Gida ba". Of course Dankwairo was right some pple have gone but they cannot come back because they don't have the courage, guts and audacity to.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

sdanyaro

Nuruddeen,

Well said and thanks for your comment. My simple question then is, which political party is more popular among the masses in Jigawa? PDP or ANPP? and if ANPP is more popular among the masses, then I maybe  Barr. Ibrahim Hadejia is right to move back to ANPP, which was the party that he / they(whole state?) recently moved from to join the PDP...

HUSNAA

Nurudeen, let me also ask u a question. What is the standing of Farouk Adamu Aliyu with the majority of ppl in Jigawa state. From his utterances at the senate (or house of assembly) I am given the impression that he is a sincere sort of politician. Is that correct or just a misconception on my part? I remember writing in the Jigawa Forum that he is a suitable candidate for the governorship of Jigawa State.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "HUSNAA"Nurudeen, let me also ask u a question. What is the standing of Farouk Adamu Aliyu with the majority of ppl in Jigawa state. From his utterances at the senate (or house of assembly) I am given the impression that he is a sincere sort of politician. Is that correct or just a misconception on my part? I remember writing in the Jigawa Forum that he is a suitable candidate for the governorship of Jigawa State.

Sorry Husna. I was carried away by lots of activities thats why I could not reply you on time. What is happening is this: Farouk Adamu has followers in the state. People like his political card. All he was saying in the house about Jigawa and Turaki is true. In fact, the utterances that you said he has been doing or saying were quite true. Though he is a good politician but we made him to understand the implication of using vanguards in his politics.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "sdanyaro"Nuruddeen,

Well said and thanks for your comment. My simple question then is, which political party is more popular among the masses in Jigawa? PDP or ANPP? and if ANPP is more popular among the masses, then I maybe  Barr. Ibrahim Hadejia is right to move back to ANPP, which was the party that he / they(whole state?) recently moved from to join the PDP...

ANPP of course. it is the most popular party in Jigawa state. ibrahim hadejia is now in ANPP together with Farouk. After the primaries, if say faruk loses he will then rally his support to Hadejia Ibrahim. but for now both of them are contending the same post i.e governorship.
Hope  its understood Oga webmaster.