News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

IDEAS FOR DISHES FOR BUDA BAKI

Started by precious, October 24, 2004, 07:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Mufi

Quote from: precious on October 24, 2004, 07:37:17 PM
Salam ladies,and of course, gents of K-online.
Since ramadhan started i've had to crack my brain for dishes to cook for myself lokacin buda baki.See i've been breaking my fast with chips and plantain for the past ten azumi and i'm beginning to get nausea just looking at dankali.So please help with some ideas.
Ok i need to tell u that i'm a lazy cook.Actually,i hate it, but for azumi dai i'm willing to give it a go.So some simple but mouth watering ideas are most welcome.

I think it will be a good idea to bring this thread up since Ramadan Insha Allah is less than a month away. I will post some of my recipes Insha Allah soon.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

ummita

Quote from: mufi on August 22, 2007, 12:12:29 AM
Quote from: precious on October 24, 2004, 07:37:17 PM
Salam ladies,and of course, gents of K-online.
Since ramadhan started i've had to crack my brain for dishes to cook for myself lokacin buda baki.See i've been breaking my fast with chips and plantain for the past ten azumi and i'm beginning to get nausea just looking at dankali.So please help with some ideas.
Ok i need to tell u that i'm a lazy cook.Actually,i hate it, but for azumi dai i'm willing to give it a go.So some simple but mouth watering ideas are most welcome.
I think it will be a good idea to bring this thread up since Ramadan Insha Allah is less than a month away. I will post some of my recipes Insha Allah soon.

Make it snappy.............Ramadans just paces away. Where r all d kitchen queens? Start postin......*winks*[color]
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

HUSNAA

MYSELF
zan rubuta how to make wainar rogo on this site. However bara in fara da

DISCLAIMER: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.

ANYONE WHO UNDERTAKES TO MAKE THIS DISH DOES SO ENTIRELY AT HER/HIS OWN DISCRETION. IF THE DISH DOESNT TURN OUT WELL, NA YR OWN MISTAKE BE DAT. I DONT PROMISE PERFECTION. NI MA NA TRIAL AND ERROR I TAKE MAKE DI DISH EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN MAKE IT PERFECTLY. I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.

To the ingredients
Rogo fresh
Man gyada ko man ja
attarugu as desired
albasa half a bulb or even less
gishiri a pinch or so.
maybe an egg for those who want to mix it with egg.
then just incase u dont want it soggy u can flour it a little although u need not do so. There are other ways to get round that problem.

So peel rogo and wash.
grate the whole with a fine grater until it looks like brittle dough or is into very fine small pieces.
Now I forget whether raw ground/grated rogo has any watery content. If it looks watery, squeeze the juices out and discard.
Mix ingredients like chopped onions and attarughu. You can ground the attarughu into it if u want.
Add the egg to bind plus salt. If u want a really exotic dish with a slightly different flavor, add a little nutmeg powder, or maybe some parsley but just a little pinch, not too much.
Mix the whole and then divide into several small dough pieces... dont know how many... trial and error will do the trick.
flatten each dough into a circular piece.
Heat up oil and deep fry until golden brown.
Hope it doesnt go all soggy on u.
It shouldnt if there is not so much moisture in the dough.
Bon apetite.

PS dont know if it will work, but those who really like cheese can add grated cheese. I have never done so myself, so I dont know how the flavor will turn out.. on second thoughts better not attempt it lol.

On the other hand, you can add some minced meat into it. not so much. maybe in a ratio of 1:4 i.e one quarter meat to three quarters rogo. remember u want the rogo flavor not the meat to overpower the rogo. Never done it either, but its just a thought. U can add basil and sage to the meat this time. They are really good flavors for meat dishes. But if u do so, u can cut back on the nutmeg and parsley... or just mix...who cares ne? tsai!!

Enjoy!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

MySeLf

Oh, Thank you Husna
I will give it a try insha Allah.
But it sound more like yam balls, doesn't it?
Only that wainar rogo is made flat and yam balls in ball shape.

Now kuma me nene yar tsala dan Allah?
Chan najiyoshi a this or that.
Nasan sunan amma sam nakasa tuna menene.. Hhm! 
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

amira

Ke kimma san sunan myself amma ni a inda Allah ya halicce ni ba taba jin wannan abun ba, break it down for us peeps if you know wetin be dis. ???
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

HUSNAA

If my memory serves me right, 'yar tsala is wainar gero ita kuma. Its really really very tasty. Infact better than wainar rogo, because the gero flavor comes through. I think yadda ake wainar shinkafa is the way that ake yin wainar geron. Sai dai some suna kara some other ingredient (probably binding ingredient) like kanwa ko kuka? cant remember.. and i think a na sa nono? ban sani ba. I have never seen it done with my eyes. Always meaning to ask how it was made.....
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

MySeLf

Oh, I think I now remeber what yar tsala is.
Actually inna zaton suyata akeyi cikin mai kamar fanke Husna.
Kwabin iri dayane dana waina amma suyar ba daya ba I think... Hhm!  :-\
And is of course really yummy!
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

ummita

Ok let me start dis.................whats hot on ur plate 4 grubs ta'nyt..........?

What did u hav 2 break ur fast.................& I mean "details"..........

Whose first?

PS:Chicks, dnt b shy....spill it out its alryt 2 eat alot.......we hav every excuse.......its ramadhan.....!!!
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!