News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

TEA WITHOUT MILK

Started by alkanawi, January 10, 2007, 12:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alkanawi

"Tea, but no milk, please: How to beat heart disease
By Jane Kirby
Published: 09 January 2007

Tea drinkers have been told to give milk a miss if they want to help their hearts.

Studies show that drinking tea can help protect against cardiovascular disease. But now researchers believe that adding milk counteracts any beneficial effects. When black tea is drunk on its own, cardiovascular function improves.

The research, published in the European Heart Journal, involved studying 16 healthy post-menopausal women. They were given either 500ml of black tea, black tea with 10 per cent skimmed milk or boiled water as a control.

They drank it on three separate occasions but refrained from drinking tea for four weeks both before and after the study.

All the women were given a croissant as a standardised breakfast while they drank the tea.

In a healthy artery, blood vessels are able to relax if the blood flow increases. This is called flow-mediated dilation (FMD).

The researchers from the Charite Hospital Universitatsmedizin Berlin in Germany, measured FMD levels in the forearm using ultrasound. They did this before tea was drunk and at intervals afterwards.

The study said: "Black tea significantly improved FMD in humans compared with water, whereas addition of milk completely blunted the effects of tea."

The researchers believe that proteins in milk, called caseins, could be to blame for the negative effect"
The Independent.

Now all you stingy guys have an excuse for not buying milk
;D

"corgito ergo sum"

Tukurtukur

Dan-Borno

To jama'a sai a daina yiwa buzaye dariya, ashe akwai asali.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Tukurtukur

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 11, 2007, 03:40:51 PM
To jama'a sai a daina yiwa buzaye dariya, ashe akwai asali.

jire kam barno.  but what of the conctions in the shayin buzu?  sun fi madaran da ake magana.

HUSNAA

Jama'a,
The study was done on a group of post menopausal women. These women have undergone some hormonal changes in their physiological makeup that could just affect their metabolic processes. Also a post menopausal woman is at least over 55yrs old, so take that into account, that they comprise the age group that are easily susceptible to coronary failure, heart disease blocked arteries etc.
The beneficial effects of milk outweigh the detrimental effects, for example, drinking plentiful supply of milk helps in making ppl grow really tall...Ever wondered why Nomadic Fulani and Masai of East Africa are really TALL (and handsome to boot?!!!)
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Quote from: HUSNAA on January 17, 2007, 12:49:25 PM
Ever wondered why Nomadic Fulani and Masai of East Africa are really TALL (and handsome to boot?!!!)

why dont you use Barebari instead of Fulani.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 17, 2007, 05:43:52 PM
Quote from: HUSNAA on January 17, 2007, 12:49:25 PM
Ever wondered why Nomadic Fulani and Masai of East Africa are really TALL (and handsome to boot?!!!)

why dont you use Barebari instead of Fulani.
Bare Bari basa kiwon shanu...lol ;D ;D

Dan-Borno

Me yasa zamuyi kiwo, after all the fulani's should do the kiwo for us, while we take the milk and eat the meat as their MASTERS

hafsee

Quote from: alkanawi on January 10, 2007, 12:11:39 AM
"Tea, but no milk, please: How to beat heart disease
By Jane Kirby
Published: 09 January 2007

Tea drinkers have been told to give milk a miss if they want to help their hearts.

Studies show that drinking tea can help protect against cardiovascular disease. But now researchers believe that adding milk counteracts any beneficial effects. When black tea is drunk on its own, cardiovascular function improves.

The research, published in the European Heart Journal, involved studying 16 healthy post-menopausal women. They were given either 500ml of black tea, black tea with 10 per cent skimmed milk or boiled water as a control.

They drank it on three separate occasions but refrained from drinking tea for four weeks both before and after the study.

All the women were given a croissant as a standardised breakfast while they drank the tea.

In a healthy artery, blood vessels are able to relax if the blood flow increases. This is called flow-mediated dilation (FMD).

The researchers from the Charite Hospital Universitatsmedizin Berlin in Germany, measured FMD levels in the forearm using ultrasound. They did this before tea was drunk and at intervals afterwards.

The study said: "Black tea significantly improved FMD in humans compared with water, whereas addition of milk completely blunted the effects of tea."

The researchers believe that proteins in milk, called caseins, could be to blame for the negative effect"
The Independent.

Now all you stingy guys have an excuse for not buying milk
;D

very interesting, i always take my tea black nt because of all these heart stuff i jst dislike milk it has a smell i cant stand. i'd rather have my tea with lemon instead. its very very hmm hmmm good. i love lemon with my tea. ok now the poeple at my house are telling me that i am addicted to tea. They claim its almost like am smoking. jst coz i love to drink tea. one of my sisters even went  ahead to tell me there is some kind of effect to putting hot water in my stomach all the time. does any one know the truth about it? aparently black tea is good and lemon is good too i can proove my case with that. ABI?
wat ever u do good or bad comes back to you

HUSNAA

Tea is very good as a health food, especially green tea. Its supposed to have anti oxidants that mop up free radicals or what ever the jargon is. There is nothing wrong with drinking hot water. Keeps you healthy. Infact better than cold water cos you cant catch a cold drinking hot water. Tea however has a caffeine substance called tanin which is what makes u addicted to drinking it so that if u are a true addict its the same effect as not eating goro or smoking pot, only milder. That is to say, you get mild headaches. I used to get them when I didnt have my usual quota of tea for the day, as I was an addict just like you once. However, unlike other drug substances, the effect wears off and there are no long lasting side effects.
Chinese teas are reputed to keep a person slim (well case in point is green tea). Others like oolong and puerer 9cant spell it) are supposed to be just as good. So get to drinking them. Avoid the ones that state specifically that they are for slimming cos they are nothing but laxatives and will do nothing but rush u to the 'ladies' all the time!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mufi

I used to drink my tea with milk, but for unknown reason if i take tea with milk now i get nausea ;D ;D(as in tashin zuciya), so now i'm all black.
Haj. Husnaa i like green tea also for the simple fact that it has antioxidants and its gentle on the stomach.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

amira

I love my twinings fruit infusions and green tea any day, better than the boring tea with milk which i would only say i drink in naga uwar bari and even so i would neva finish it ;D ;)
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Muhsin

I prepare drinking tea with tea leaves only than milk.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

mlbash

i would have love to read the details of the research, i have a rather contradicting information as far as the effects of caffein, the major component of the tea leaves on cardiovascular system is concern.
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

gogannaka

Tea without milk is bad for stomach/peptic ulcer patients.
I noticed that anytime i take tea with/without milk i get hungry too often and my body begins to tremble internally daga nan kuma sai ciwon ciki.
Ever since i stopped takiing tea and resorted to cocoa or malt drinks it stopped.Alhamdulillah.

I take fruit tea though and i don't get  that reaction.
I learnt  that green tea increases one lifespan.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment