News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

HELP ME TRANSLATE

Started by MySeLf, January 16, 2007, 06:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

Great babba kenan. Sai dai kuma yadda ake amfani a turancan ne ba haka manufar takan kasance ba.
Ki ce Alhamdulillah! Kurum.  ;D ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

MySeLf

Haha lol Husnaa,...... But you know why? Group of student doing a project once approached me to
write for them ENGLAND IS GREAT in my language, I was like quiet for a while then thought to write
ENGLAND AKWAI KYAU hehehe lol.... Wai they have to write it in 200 different languages, so they r
like crazy chasing people of colours to help..
Since then I been thinking any better way of putting it....?
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

bakangizo

Quote from: MySeLf on October 31, 2008, 12:35:35 AM
Haha lol Husnaa,...... But you know why? Group of student doing a project once approached me to write for them ENGLAND IS GREAT in my language, I was like quiet for a while then thought to write
ENGLAND AKWAI KYAU hehehe lol.... Wai they have to write it in 200 different languages, so they r

Ingila babbar kasa ce. Ko Ingila muhimmiyar kasa ce.

HUSNAA

Haha lol Husnaa,...... But you know why? Group of student doing a project once approached me to
write for them ENGLAND IS GREAT in my language, I was like quiet for a while then thought to write

England is great: Ingila nada armashi. Ko kuwa?

gogannaka

Ingila ta hadu---modern hausa
Ingila kasar kwarai ta---sakkwatanci
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

IBB

Quote from: MySeLf on October 30, 2008, 04:06:51 PM
From now on in aka tambayeni fassarar remote Linzami will be my answer..  :)

Remote mean far/distance. Linzami I cant agree is remote, because is like a stearing-wheel and is not remote

Remote control means device for distance control. Linzami cannot fall under that.

I guess the concept hausa used to name 'eye' as 'IDO' should be applied to remote control. As eye interpreat image from remote place without touching it. therefore i will argue that remote control is 'Idon-na'ura'.

However one can argue against this given u can as well reduce volume.

Depending on ur responce i have some more arguement to come up with. might me too sophisticated because i believe the eyes have a sense of touch as well, but from distance
IHS

IBB

Great - Mai-girma

Kasar Engila mai girma
IHS

HUSNAA

Quote from: IBB on October 31, 2008, 08:24:32 PM

Great - Mai-girma

Kasar Engila mai girma

quite correct IBB, girma fits perfectly for great

MySeLf

Oh wow Jama'a kun kawo fassarori masu ma'ana..... keep them coming!

MySeLf

A taimaka da fassara jama'a zuwa englishi......

1-  Gara
2- Warki
And is fatari and bantai d same?

IBB

Gara - Marriage gift

Warki?

Bantai - Trouser

Fatari?
IHS

Dan-Borno

i want to know bambanci tsakanin daduro & shafani
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

ummita

Yanga in english.......Anyone please?

Apart from words like showing off, or swagger......is there any proper english word for the word "yanga"?

"Rainbow" in hausa? :-\

Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

HUSNAA

Quote from: ummita on November 24, 2008, 11:13:18 PM
Yanga in english.......Anyone please?

Apart from words like showing off, or swagger......is there any proper english word for the word "yanga"?

"Rainbow" in hausa? :-\

Yanga = mincing in english, Ummita.
Rainbow = bakan gizo... that guy lurking somewhere in this forum ;D ;D

that cute girl abi na my sister in law?

IBB

Quote from: Dan-Borno on November 24, 2008, 11:31:18 AM
i want to know bambanci tsakanin daduro & shafani

Traditionally, Daduro is the act of cheating on your wife. In modern time, Daduro is the act of cheating on marriage partner. Before women are not know for this act, thats why the term only applies to the men.

The women the men have affairs with are know by every one to be prostitudes, thus the particular prostitute of one man is also called 'daduro' i.e (Daduron Dan-borno ce).

Shafani? If you can explain further i may know wat it means. Unless you are talking about 'yan mata that boys are smotching in their tinted cars all over the nation; in Uni car parks, bakin gate n so on.
IHS