News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Do U Support US Military Base in Nigeria?

Started by EMTL, February 28, 2004, 09:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
As reported in the news US military arrives Nigeria this week.

"Two teams of senior officers of the United States Armed Forces, among them two generals, may be on their way to Nigeria and other African countries this week to consolidate American  military base on the continent.

One of them is scheduled to visit Nigeria, Gabon and South Africa, the other is billed for Mauritania, Mali and Niger.

Reports from the US European Command confirmed that the officers would be touching down across Africa in unusual back-to-back trips, which is part of a change in military planning as US interest grows in African terror links and African oil."

Should the Federal Government allow US to establish an Army base in Nigeria? Whats your opinion?
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Muhammad

Salam
EMTL i think in as much as it will not violate out constitution and also it will reduce the incidents of pipeline vandalism; then YES.
As you know, the main reason KPRC does'nt operate is because those restless Niger-Deltans are busy bombing the pipes (and getting incinerated in the process).
But the issue is, whenever the US gets a base, it overreaches its hand and do things that undermine the sovereignty of the host nation. For one, anything done inside a base cannot be prosecuted because it, technically, is American Land.
And 2, they might turn into another Gitmo (guantanamo bay) for African Saddam's and their followers ( Ie Charles Taylor, Foday Sankoh .......)
I hope for the best!
A huta lafiya yallabai.
bissalam

Fulanizzle

why should i support it....

when the next war comes...america will leave her soil..and use the nigerian soil to attack its enemy.... puhlease!
)

aisab

assalamu alaikum!
Emtl, yes i support it, bc our leaders are there puppet, so what is wroung if they invite there masters to came and help them countinue their supperetion on the masses. so is good idea, they can even base here in Arewa. bc they said we are part of the terrorist gang.so they are welcome. ??? :'(
aisab
hink b4 you follow!

Anonymous

THEY BETTER F-U-C-K OFF OUR LAND

F-U-C-K-I-N-G BUSH S-H-I-T AND CO.