News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

NIGHT OF THE TWO MOONS

Started by HUSNAA, September 09, 2006, 10:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

Quote from: "Fateez"
Quote from: "*~MuDaCriS~*"Interesting...Dont u also belibe in all zose falmistry and soothsaying nonsense?

Umm, she said she likes astronomy, not astrology

thx for correcting mallan muda.
I dont believe in palmistry and soothsaying. The sunnah of the prophet and the hadeeths prohibit us from believing in soothsaying, even though it has been confirmed in the Qur'an that devils go to the heavens to learn the secrets of Allah's commands and that they are chased out with meteors and things like that. The devils also whisper to the soothsayers half truths and great lies. So there is that ofcourse. However, a colleague of mine believes that there is a link between binary maths and 'ilmin awfaku' (I think that is astrology- not sure). It was a long time ago about 8yrs when we had this conversation. I will get in touch with him and see if I can garner more information, cos the topic was very intriguing and interesting.
Oh something very interesting as well. i must share it. I once had some visitors staying indefinitely at my house.  They were from Saudi Arabia. They had a book called Shamsul alamun or ilm or something of that nature. One of them told me that the book contained so many secrets of how to do black magic and other things. I was very intrigued. So I had a look at the book even though I couldnt understand a word of Arabic. Anyway the name stuck with me and lo and behold, about a yr later, I was browsing the bookshop in BUK and I saw the book on sale at N55, so I bought it and kept it with me and then I bought other learn arabic books so that i can pick a little arabic to enable to read the magic book. A close relation of mine by marriage, borrowed the book from me because she was very versed in arabic. She took it home and never gave it back. Ni kuma for a long time, na kasa ce mata tabani abina, saboda ina jin kunyar ta. I searched for another copy of it but I  never came across  it again  and the copy that was borrowed from me somehow found its way to Egypt the last I heard about it when I finally asked for it. So I never got to read any of its secrets, although I saw how those saudians treated it with so much respect. Allahu a'alam.
That was about 10 yrs ago.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: "HUSNAA"

thx for correcting mallan muda.

How touchy...she calls me mallam! Am flattered..lol

Quote from: "HUSNAA"
One of them told me that the book contained so many secrets of how to do black magic and other things. I was very intrigued.  About a yr later, I was browsing the bookshop in BUK and I saw the book on sale at N55, so I bought it and kept it with me. That was about 10 yrs ago.

Husnaa dont you think you got it twisted here? You are ze one zat adbocated zat its not gud to go deef in ze Harry Fotter thing, so how come u r So intrigued by Secrets of Black Magic?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

What I said about the Harry Potter books was:

'Enjoy!! But remember, all these things are preparing our minds to accept Dajjal when he makes an appearance! So be forewarned so that u dont fall into that trap should he come before the end of our days!!'

The Harry Potter novels are more graphical, more fantastic and have huge mass appeal. You turn ppl into werewolves, rats pots and pans and all sorts. You can even bring up the dead e.g. Darth Vader (oohps I mean Voldemorte :D  or the phoenix) or go and see them if u go inside the pensive that is in dumbledore's office. You travel at fantastic speed using fantastic creatures like that griffin (is it a griffin?) or what ever. These are all things that the Dajjal will be able to perform, once he is released from his prison and he comes upon human kind. So in truth all these books and films like the XMEN are really preparing our minds to accept him when he eventually makes his appearance.
However, the book of sihir that I am looking at is nothing to do with changing men into other creatures or flying on a broomstick at the speed of light or sound, or beign able to make it rain or snow. I suspect that it is all about dealing with aljannu, and how u can call them up and how u can put them to work or so.
I find the subject of dealing with aljannu fascinating. Secondly, the book came within my grasp, how can I let it go? I am not like that and I love collecting books at any rate. As to whether, I will make use of the book if it had stayed in my possession for long? I have no idea.

U've just reminded me, I saw a post by Waziri on Ilimin Awfaku and a magic square; will pop into that forum and resuscitate that conversation........ :D

gogannaka

The night of the two moons is not real.The actual thing happened last year and it wasnt as if there were two moons on earth.Yes mars came closest to the earth and it was the brightest star in the sky but it was no way as big as the moon,not even close.Infact you wouldnt even differentiate it from the rest of the stars or sattelites.
In kano state some papers carrying the same bold message depicting the situation were circulated both last year(2006) and this year(2007).
Some people were of the opinion that it was just meant to create paranoia.

Regarding the book husnaa said,there are a lot of books that reveal the art of black magic and tricks.Sometimes back i heard someone reveal one secret that most 'bokas' use.Most at times when people visit them regardin issues of asiri or so they give the clients a sort of grounded powder to put in their mouth that if it the client has been affected the powder will turn into worms in the mouth.Funny enough,all the time they give out such powder it turns into worms.He revealed that the powder is made from a certain grass(4got the name)and that its bacterial content is so high that once it comes in contact with the bacterium in the mouth they reproduce and become worms,just like what happens in dung or in the stomach(tape worm).
So most of the tricks are meant to instill fear in the mind of the client to make him/her weak and submissive.
Inshaallah i'll get the names of some of the books and post them here.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

*~MuDa~*

Am not surfrised at all zat u know all zis all op a sudden, me n u know where u just came back prom....LOL!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

Where am i from muda?

Was anyone aware that there was a lunar eclipse a week ago?I think on the second of march or so.
It still fascinates me how the moon becomes red.I cant uptill now have a firm picture in my mind as to how that happens.They say the earth comes in between the moon and the sun so why wont hte moon be totally blocked then?since the earth is larger than the moon?
I have no problem with the solar eclipse since its quite clear u can see the moon coming intercepting the sun and there'll be total darkness. Amma dai zazzabin watan nan  ???

HUSNAA

When a total lunar eclipse of the moon  occurs, it is completely shadowed by the Earth as the moon passes through the earth's umbra ( the darkest part of the earth's shadow). So no direct light reaches the moon from the Sun. But light which is passing through the  earth's atmosphere is refracted from its course at an angle that causes the refracted beams to illuminate the moon with a dark red colour. The intensity of the color depends on the state of the earth's atmosphere at the time as well i.e whether there is heavy cloud cover or dust from volcanic eruptions etc.

gogannaka

The whole issue of the Sun,Moon and earth seem to be a bit confusing to me.
Not that i don't believe the theories but sometimes i just look up the sky and i cant justify the theories.
Kamar batun calendar musulunci ko, kin taba kula cewa duk watan azumi yakan dawo baya by 10 days into the previous month. How can one explain that. One Ramadan is observed in the rainy season while the next time its the harmattan?
I know of some people that are of the opinion that the earths position is fixed and that it is the sun that revolves.Har ma suna da backing daga wasu ayoyi a Qur'an.

I would like to know the speed with which the earth revolves and rotates?

HUSNAA

Lol GGNK, I will find time to explain this to u. I once did the same for some ppl and they even paid me for it (in pounds sterling to boot!!) ;D ;D ;D
The speed at which the earth revolves, u can easily find that out from the internet. But at any rate, consider this: The earth rotates a total of 360 degrees every day right? It takes 24 hrs to come back to its original position. Therefore it passes through 15 degrees for every hour and it passes through 1 degree every 4 minutes. The distance between 2 meridians (that is  2 lines of longitude) is 111.1 km.  Therefore it travels a distance of 111.1 km every 4 minutes which works out as 
27.775 km every minute which is 0.4629 km/sec or approximately 0.5km/sec. This is the speed at which the earth rotates.

About the revolution, it takes 365 and a quarter days for the earth to revolve round the sun. The average distance between the sun and earth is 1 astronomical unit  (150 million km or  93 million miles (plus/ minus 0.5 million miles)). It is plus or minus 0.5 million miles because the orbit of the earth around the sun is not a perfect circle. It is elliptical. There are times of the yr when the earth is closer to the sun and the distance is shortened by 0.5 million miles and at another time of the yr ( I think summer time) when the distance between the sun and earth is at its furthest. Therefore one can not use the distance as the radius to calculate the speed at which the earth revolves round the sun. But if we were to do that, then the circumference of the orbit of the earth round the  sun would be 2xpixr where r = radius and pi = 3.142. Therefore circumference = 946.2 million km. So hypothetically, it takes 365.25 days to travel a distance of 946.2 million km. That works out at 2590554.4 km per day (two million, five hundred and ninety thousand, five hundred and fifty four point four kilometers per day) That is the speed at which the earth travels round the sun. In one hour, the speed would be 107939.767 km/hr (approximately one hundred and seven thousand, nine hundred and  forty km per hour).Per minute is 1798.99 km or approximately 1799 km per minute. Per second is approximately 30 km per second.
So if the radius of the earth's orbit around the sun were the same as the average distance  between the sun and earth, then the speed that the earth revolves around the sun would be 30km/sec. But of course this is not so, and I am not  good at complex maths involving complicated geometrical figures, so I cant really tell u the speed at which the earth revolves round the sun, but i think that is probably a good approximation.   ;D