News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Mecca II Medina -- LIVE ON STAGE in Nigeria (at bloody last!!!)

Started by Abdalla, February 03, 2007, 08:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MySeLf

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on February 12, 2007, 01:44:03 AM

Ignore the ignorant dave........ Silent is the best answer to a fool.

Zancenka gaskiya alkanawi....... Kyale wannan jahilin mara tarbiya shi yafi.

Have a good time guys! Wish i can be there.
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Dave_McEwan_Hill

maigemu

Muhsin

m,
Its a great loss for me. Dishearten. Why things happened in such a nice sphere all in my absence. I wish this thread started with me right from the first day Prof. had posted it. Though, it's an ineluctable experience/engagement that made it an unfortunate necessity for me to be OFF board. Alhamdulillah; everything is solved.

Prof. Abdallah, many thanks to your kind look at my inquiry about your whereabouts on board. And also to your action over this forthcoming concert. Hoping it to be as (or more than?) as the preceded one was. By Allah's grace I'm going to attend duly.

And other forumers (if the word ever exist), we've to be bearing one another. I learn that (as I'm already aware since) that there are some few heads among us who detest peace in this Site. I see our doyen prof. has had x-rayed him. And we see him. And also depicted the direction of his boat. Please, let him go on, posting his snooty posts. Kifi na ganin ka........

Lastly, having failed to see Husna's reply to this thread set my mind to uneasiness. Is everything all-right with her? Who knows please?

Long life KOL!
Muhsin
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Quote from: HUSNAA on February 13, 2007, 01:21:32 PM
I dey!!

No be sey u go sey I dey, what Muhsin means is that ki tofa albarkacin bakinki game da muhawarar da ake yi.  However, you are welcome please.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

I have nothing to tofa that is why I have not 'tofa ed' ;D
Yauwa, kai kuma Dan Borno da kabi kana rokon kada a kula kashi, kai kafi kula shi! Har kana tambayar yaushe zai fado! Daga cikin wa? Kwa sha wari a concert din!!! >:(

Muhsin

Haj. Husna. I'm so happy to learn that you are OK. Thanks to Allah.
As to the Dan-Borno's words. Sincerely your saying is along the line; I also mean her to contribute to the thread.

A bit disappointed by her saying that she had nothing to say. Is it because she's there in Hong Kong as, indirectly, revealed by Prof.???
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

Quote from: alkanawi on February 12, 2007, 11:43:43 PM
Quote from: gogannaka on February 12, 2007, 07:38:56 PM
I'll write a brief summary of event later inshaallah.
lol if its brief it is a summary likewise if its a summary then it should be brief ;D
Ba ka ganin ko ba ayi sufficient marketing bane? It should give some lessons for future events anyway.
And i hope it becomes more successful

LOL i am trying to avoid that kind of CTV kano's summary whereby the 'a gurguje ba tare da bata lokaci ba' will take half the time of the program.
Anyway thanks for the correction.I'll make it a summary.

First of all i collected my Invitation from Lenscope media.True prof,the place is a popular place.I asked only one person and she knew it.I didn't meet Sani Mu'azu but i met a very very friendly guy Habib who offered me as many I.V's as i wanted.I ended up collecting 3.Unfortunately i didnt stay till the end of the event cos i live very very far from the hotel and jos is such a place that 10pm seems like 2am.Ga sanyi,ga babu Okada after 8,Plus they didnt serve item 7  ::). I left the place 9.50pm.

The event didn't start as scheduled.Instead of starting 7pm it started exactly 8pm.Though those that were there 7pm got to enjoy a 'behind the scene' rehearsals and set up of the venue.
The hotel mind u (Crest hotel) is such a beautiful hotel.I'll recommend it for valentines day dinner.Especially the covenant garden restaurant.
Anyways,the event officially started with an address by Sue Mace(director British council).She said the event was meant to be enjoyed so anyone who wanted to come up stage and dance is free to do so.
The address was followed by the introduction to the event by Sani Mu'azu(owner of Lenscope media) a pretty heavy guy with lots of energy and a very good way of introducing the performers.

First to perform were the living scroll.I didn't even know they were Jos based.I thought they came from the UK too.One of them had dreadlocks and i was surprised to hear him speaking Hausa outside.Even thought their dressing was simple,one would no doubt,at their sight,know that they are some kind of artists.They performed 2 beautiful pieces,the second track being the moral booster of the event.Even thought the crowd was small that second song of theirs made the place lively.Mind u i didnt hear a word they said in the songs cos the sound system was so poor u could only hear the beat.But people danced sha!

Second to perform were the G-Vibes. 2 youngsters,one was very very young and looked like Abdullahi Mighty(when he was small) and he had a nice voice u would mistake him for Fati Nijar.They performed two tracks also.At least i caught some of the lyrics.I have forgotten now.They were introduced as the next P-square.

Third came the malomen.Surprise-surprise one of them was Habib,the nice guy that gave me the I.V's at Lenscope media. I sat beside the other chap and was wondering why they were dressed the same. They didnt do the rehearsals so i didnt know they were the malomen.They certainly didnt look 'malo'.
They performed 4 tracks all very beautiful.Their album according to the person that selected the artists to perform in the event was in the offing.The album is 'Ukulle'. The group really brought fun and energy to the event.One of them reminded me of shaba in kano cos he was so energetic and funny.A real entertainer.They had one beautiful girl,Aisha  :o that did some background vocals. Husnaa,no desription of her outfit this time  :P
Their first track was 'ba yawa' then 'ukulle' then 'kudi'.All of the tracks were absolutely beautiful.

After the malomen came Arewa in their famous purple and blue dyed attire.They performed the tracks they performed in the Kano event.In this performance though,all the instruments were perfectly audible and one has nothing but to appreciate the beauty of their music and the 'perfectness' of the co-ordination.The duman girke flowed along with the shantu and kalangu,the kukuma along with the flute and the lyrics.It was so so original and beautiful.Such talent.
To my disappointment,it was like most of the people didnt so much enjoyed Arewa'a performance.Maybe they preferred the hip hop dance that came earlier.But to me It was the best performance.No wonder the band has gone international.

M2M came after Arewa's perfomance and they were so energetic.O boy they were huge o.They don chop KFC tire they don become agric  :P only one of them was nija size.They performed many tracks including one acapella about the young people under attack-on the roads of London.
It was like most of their songs were sort of reggae and we couldnt get most of the lyrics coupled with the  poor sound system(again).But one could hear the da'awah in the lyrics and the message of peace.They performed another track that tells about their life prior to their conversion to Islam.It was titled 'Our Journey' a nice and inspiring track.
M2M were in the middle of their performance when i realised its time to go.I really wished i had stayed till the end especially so i could see the finale-the free performance by all performers.I even went to the hotel reception to find out the accomodation rates  ;).Ah it was quite big for my little pocket, and besides me wife'll not be happy  ;)

Anyways something i think those that didnt attend will like to ask is 'was the event covered on video?'
yes it was fully covered.I think one of the crew that covered the event was a hausa home video filming crew.They came with all those bright bright lights that caught the attention of everyone.They put some coloured screens on them that made the place look like the Oscar venue(  :P to Husnaa) kuma gashi dama the Hall had these Big and beautiful chandeliers.

For the record,all the performers except arewa had their music played on a CD player so it was like the instrumental and in some cases not even instrumental(like the malomen) was played and they mimed.
This time sha, i didnt see any PSR3000 keyboard.
Also M2M said when they were coming to Nigeria,people were like 'why are u coming to Nigeria,its such a bad place....this and that' but they said they found Nigeria to be such a good place 'Dont believe the hype'.A message from M2M.

That was the event.
I hope there will be a large turnout in Kano.I'm quite sure there'll be.It would be good if some of M2M's tracks be played on some radio stations in Kano before the event so that people wont find them strange and at least people could sing along with them.They kinda like that.Their aim which is Da'awah through music would be achieved.

Alkanawi would you call this a summary?Ko kuwa dai ina ganin nayi irin na CTV din fa  ;D
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: Muhsin on February 13, 2007, 02:56:27 PM
Haj. Husna. I'm so happy to learn that you are OK. Thanks to Allah.
As to the Dan-Borno's words. Sincerely your saying is along the line; I also mean her to contribute to the thread.

A bit disappointed by her saying that she had nothing to say. Is it because she's there in Hong Kong as, indirectly, revealed by Prof.???

Lol Muhsin me in Hong Kong? I wish..... As the saying goes, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride!!  Prof must be talking of someone else, certainly not moi!! I live in Nigeria.

MySeLf

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on February 13, 2007, 11:28:21 AM
Myself
I presume you mean "silence".

To make mistake is human
To stumble is common place, And to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity.... :)
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Abdalla

Jama'a, Sallama

Gogan Namu, thanks so much for the concert review. As I said earlier, I was not on the tour because I am engaged on another project in Kano, but I was on the phone with the members of cast and crew, as it were throughout the whole concerts in Jos and Kaduna. You have given us something to chew about -- bad acoustics, poorly reproduced lyrics, and timing. We will definitely take care of these. You know, the original idea was to do the concerts in Katsina and Sokoto; but I changed the route to Jos and Kaduna because we need to reach out to people over there -- plus these are the areas with constant flashes of ethnic and religious unrest. We want to show that music can be the message to bridge the divides and create a truly peaceful multicultural society.

One early feedback we had was that the hotel in Jos was abit far away (located at the end of this looooong drive way!). We also tend to forget that a LOT of our punters will come via commercial transport -- which means we gotta close by or before 10 p.m., otherwise we will loose them! There was more turnout in Kaduna (we targeted 300, about 230 came in, including British High Commissioner himself, Sir Richard Gozny who has always been supporive of our collaborations).

We are waiting for the report (from someone else) from Kaduna, and then we will put it all together on Thursday and see how we can make the finale in Kano on Saturday a grand event! If people happen to be in Kano region in the morning on Saturday they can drop in at the BC for a chat with Mecca II Medina at 10.00 a.m., and some soda!

Husna in Hong Kong. Naah! Now I didn't say that, did I, young Muhsin? "indirectly" implied so? Possibly! All I know is I have a junior sister in Hong Kong and I know she has read my messages, kuma a wannan majalisar!

Abdalla

alkanawi

GGNK i was so enthralled by u'r review didnt know when i finished it.
When do we get to see the full "white paper"?
On the whole, me think its' a good development.
Prof. yaushe za a yi a Ingila?
"corgito ergo sum"

gogannaka

Quote from: alkanawi on February 14, 2007, 04:40:36 AM
GGNK i was so enthralled by u'r review didnt know when i finished it.
When do we get to see the full "white paper"?
On the whole, me think its' a good development.
Prof. yaushe za a yi a Ingila?
The white paper will come from the British Council or the centre for Hausa development or the Prof.  ;D
Irin wadannan abubuwan ai ana yi a ingila kullum.Ko ba haka ba?

It seems like no one here attended the Kaduna event  ???

gogannaka

Been waiting for someone to at least tell us(or me rather) how the event went in Kano?  ???