News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

EFCC's Investigated/indicted candidates

Started by Dan-Borno, February 08, 2007, 07:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

I great una my elders! i be sure sey all of una don hear the tory that EFCC don release about 130 names wey no go contest dis election.

Wannan lamari yayi mana dadi in dai akwai gaskiya a ciki, I wonder how EFCC will investigate a person without his knowledge, find him guilty without hearing his own side of the story.

I heard that my Governor Ali Modu Sheriff was mistakenly enlisted, he is now delisted.

How about Shekarau, i never expect Malam to be in the list!!!!

To jama'a me kuka ce?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

I couldn't believe it when i heard that Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau's name was included.
Later on it was more surprising that the offence that lead to his inclusion in the list was because he didn't submit his asset declaration form on the stipulated date for submission.He was therefore investigated and indicted,for corruption.Na wa o  :o
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

alkanawi

ehm concerning mallam Shekarau, there was the little issue of 4 billion Naira fertiliser contract according to our "guardians of morals" EFCC.
Sam Nda & Mahmud Jega did a thorough deconstruction of that list,would be very helpful if u could read 'em.
Anyway na san Mallam Shekarau in sha Allahu ba zai ba mu kunya ba.
"corgito ergo sum"

HUSNAA

Na fara taho wa da ga rakiyar Mallam Shekarau tun kafun EFCC tayi indicting dinsa. Not bcos he is corrupt, he is just inept. He has no alkibla in his leadership. All you hear is adai daita sahu da Kano's version of tazarce viz "Allah maimaita mana" Lol!!

There has been nothing concrete achieved in that state in terms of development. The ruwa is not there, the wuta is not there, only three legged NAPEPS (vehicles) are running riot on the streets.

These local politicians in mutum ya ji what they count as achievements dinsu sai ka ji sun ce wai sun gina masallaci ko masallatai an sai tabarmi kuma an raba butocin alwala. I mean I am not against gina masallaci, but there are other things that take far greater priority than gina masallatai. But the test of the illiteracy that is so pervasive in our society is evident in the aroused religious sentiments of the local populace in ance an gina masallaci sai kaga mutane baza su ce uffan ba, saboda something relating to Ubangiji Subahanahu Wata'a la aka ambata. But personally, I think providing potable drinking water, health care services,education etc take precedence over  gina masallaci, simply because if u take some stones and surround a piece of ground and call it a masallaci, all prayers offered within the confines of that space are accepted. Ba sai an je an kashe millions ba (half of which is pocketed) ana gina masallaci . But our ppl sai ka ga su wai anbiya su kenan. To Allah Ya kyauta. 

Kuma mai yasa Mallam Shekarau bai goyi bayan 'yan majalisar saba lokacin da ake rigimar tsige na wani hannun daman sa ba on this very issue na 4 billion and taki?  Rogo I believe was the name of the individual? Kuma recently I heard him equating himself (not interms of status) with Annabawa like Annabi Yusuf (AS), wai anyi wa annabawa kage also etc. I suppose he meant to shi waye da baza ay masa ba? But the content of the talk didnt quite comeout like that. I have nothing personal against the man. I am just disappointed in him and his style of leadership, that lets things run amok.
PS naji wai anyi wa Danzago duka kwanakin baya ko? Lol Poor man!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Quote from: HUSNAA on February 13, 2007, 02:23:27 PM
These local politicians in mutum ya ji what they count as achievements dinsu sai ka ji sun ce wai sun gina masallaci ko masallatai an sai tabarmi kuma an raba butocin alwala.

You are welcome back, from all indication you are back in hot boots:

I am not challenging your above description of the local politicians, but that is really what politics in some part of northern nigeria is all about.  You either give them what they ask or you face your wrath on election day.

A typical example is Yobe State, you cant find anything tangible in the past eight years of Bukar's rule, however, when you go to the rural areas, they dont consider what they undergo as suffering, so long as Bukar Abba Ibrahim has created some "masarauta" for them.

I am a politician, let me describe this scenario to you:

You have to start from the Ward unit, were you find the Ward Executive comprising of the Ward 
Chairman, Ward Secretary, Women Leader, Youth Leader etc.  These group of ward executives will forward their request to the Local Government level of the party, and from the Local Government level it will be forwarded to the Central Government, where mostly, either a Member of the House of Assembly representing the local government (If the member is in the same party with the Central Government) and other commissioners or special advisers from the Local Government will seat jointly in a party meeting to see to the request from their Local Government.

After reaching a conclusion (that is after all and sundry is satisfied on what will be of their pocket benefit), then they will forward their request to the Governor, where in turn he will approve whatever their request to them (either alone or in an State Executive COuncil meeting)

This is how decisions are reached (sometimes) at the State level.  When you blame Governors for not doing the right thing, so also the blame will shift downwards to the   grassroot.

Wallahi Tallahi, talakawa su ne suke contributing 85% of what is happening, especially in the rural areas.  however, any governor who wish well for his people, has a lot of means of doing so.

That is why you rightly observed this:

Quote from: HUSNAA on February 13, 2007, 02:23:27 PM
There has been nothing concrete achieved in that state in terms of development. The ruwa is not there, the wuta is not there, only three legged NAPEPS (vehicles) are running riot on the streets.

everywhere is the same story, we either change the system of our politics, or we continue suffering like this.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

alkanawi

Ai Hajia kin sosa min inda yake min kaikayi.Gaskiya Mallam ya cika laushi.Kinga alal misali da yayi maganin maganar takin nan tun da wuri, da bata sake taso wa ba.
I just can see any reason for employing over 7 tho' people for hisba being paid for doing nothing and claim that you've "gainfully" provided employment for people.It doesnt add any value to your productivity.
Badan you get easily bored with economics ba da na yi cikakken sharhi.Allah dai ya taimake mu.
"corgito ergo sum"

gogannaka

We are ready for the full economic review.Yan Hisban nan yana barin office za a kore su daga aiki.
But he did employ teachers and nurses.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: alkanawi on February 14, 2007, 04:59:30 AM
Badan you get easily bored with economics ba da na yi cikakken sharhi.Allah dai ya taimake mu.
;D Give us the lowdown and forget about me!! You already have GGNK as a diehard fan!!! :P
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

I had to respond to this very thread since. But due to the turn it had taken, I made up my mind not to throw a single word here. Suprisingly enough, I later change. So I now come.

Though still. I don't have to say much but let me just say-Allah ka taimaka komai ya fito in wash and in plain term-Ameen. Saboda Allah shi kadain yasan mai karya da mai gaskiya. Amma mu humanbeings know nothing but just conjucturing, misconstrueing, .......and what have you.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

lionger

I'd like to commend Ribadu and the EFCC for fighting corruption, and in some cases they deserve commendation. But one cannot shake off the uneasy feeling that OBJ uses this org to bully and arm-twist other politicians into submission. The PDP primaries seems to exemplify this.

Dan-Borno

The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on Sunday disowned the list of corrupt politicians sent to political parties. Ribadu, in an interview with journalists in Abuja, said the list, especially that that was circulated to the media, did not emanate from the EFCC.

Nawa for dis awar kontri - na hu doctored or nurses the list?

Same thing when CNN carried the story of this Niger Delta, they said it was a stage-on drama.

May Ribadu should explain how, who and when was the list doctored,
so that appropriate measures will be taken immediately, abi.

Dan-Borno

EFCC ARRESTS ANPP'S NATIONAL SECRETARY       

All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) suffered a major set-back on Monday as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) officials arrested its national secretary, Senator Seidu Kumo.

Kumo, according to a source who spoke on condition of anonymity, was said to have been arrested by the EFCC officials at his Bauchi residence where they conducted a search before taking him away to an unknown destination.

I thought EFCC na only Financially and Economically related crimes den dey pursue?
They have started pursuing Politically related crimes also - Senate & HR should take note
while amending the laws establishing EFCC to add this power to it again.

Dan-Borno

I'll Lay Down My Life to Fight Corruption'         

Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has said he was ready to lay down his life to prosecute corrupt politicians, with a call on all Nigerians to support him in the crusade.

Zamu mara maka baya, muddin ba dai yaudarar mu kakeyi ba.
Whatever - whatever, remember where Al-Mustapha is!!!!!