News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Hausa Fulani Pride.

Started by HUSNAA, March 01, 2007, 07:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

Yau na saurari Deutch Welle sashen Hausa yadda na saba yi a 'yan kwanankin nan. Ana tattauna wa akan wannan sabon kudinnan da yafita a Nigeria da kuma cewa ancire ajamin da ke rubuce a jikin takardun kudin. Wani jami'i da aka tambayi ra'ayin sa sai yace to dai wannan ajamin dai yana jikin takardun tun zuwan turawan mulkin mallaka wanda sune su ka sa wannan ajamin ajikin kudin ba wani ba. Ya ke cewa in dai dan kada Hausa tai tasiri ne, to an makaro tun da kuwa Harshen Hausa ya bunkasa duk cikin duniya. 
Ni kuma sai wani abun da yake cikin raina kwanaki aru aru ya sake fadowa. Wannan kuwa shine cewa, yawancin 'yan Arewa muna alfahari da cewa mu jinin Hausa-Fulani ne, yadda muka lakabawa kanmu. Muna alfahari sosai sosai da bangaren fullancin. Da kyar zakaji mutum yace shi Bahaushe ne, sai dai bafulatani ko bafulatana, ko da gaurayayyen jinin ne watay hausa fulani. (Akwai many examples in this forum alone ;D) Amma kuma wani abin alajabi shine, yawan cin namu, bama jin ko 'a' na fullancin, kuma Hausa itace Harshen farko  (first language) a wurin mu. Kuma koda mutum yana jin fullancin, indai ba mutumin adamawa bane, sai ka ga fullancin is a second language.
My question is why are we so proud to identify with Fulani more than with Hausa, even though the blood in some maybe more Hausa than fulani or half and half? One never hears of pride in being a typical Habe or even half Habe!! Any one got ideas or suggestions.
One last thing, Dan Borno, you are discharged/dismissed/ from di room as di topic no consine u!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Thank you very much Aunty Husna for discharging and dismissing me from this thread.
I am very disturbed, but dont mind, its one of those (subut da baka) and da haka zamu san meye a zuciyan mu na boye.

kamar yadda hausa tazo ta kwace gurbin fillanci,
kazalika ta kasance alkakai ga kowace yare, har da nawa harshen - Barbarci.

Kuma kamar yadda kika ce - idan kika duba asalin mutane diyawa zaki
fahimci cewa fillanci has consumed a lot of languages.

Ni babarbare ne - I am proud to be one
However, Hausa/Fulani has played a vital role in my life that I cant live without it.

My first wife is 100% Fulani  and I have 2 kids with her (Fatima and Yagana) - me kika ce? ko ni ban zama bafillatani ba, ai yarana sun zama.

Secondly, the wife i am about to pick from your place (Kano) is also a fulani  - I should not speak much about her because i heard my Boss (A) wey i dey serve as German Shepard dey look for wife.

I started my early life a chan Sokkoto birnin Shehu Usman Danfodio,
I completed my secondary school in Bauchi - shima i think garin fulani ne,
While at the University of Maiduguri - All my friends are from either Yola, Bauchi or Kano
I started my early carrier in nearby Yobe and married to their daughter from Jajere
Till date, ban taba yin sati biyu ba tare da naje Kano City ba.

Ba wai I am not proud of Barbarci bane, however, it is the effect of the system.
I will be proud idan yau akace Hausa shi ne official language namu a Arewacin Nigeria.
Wallahi kishin da nake dashi for Hausa/Fulani (Hmmmmm).

Ni hausa/fulani ne by implication, and I must also make my contribution in this thread,
sai dai idan kuma kabilanci ya shigo Arewacin najeriya.
Mai da yaci dansa – mara da kuma fa?

Where is my Boss?
Admin. har da kai a ciki?
Where is GGNK?
Where is Mimun?
What of Nene?
Hafsy are you there?
Ina kake Prof?
Mudacris, abi you no dey
Neozizo and Hayat ba ku ce komai ba.
Ina dan Kudu maso kudancin kasan nan - abi you no dey hear hausa? i will tell you privately what is going in this house.

Ko dai da bakin ku ake son a koreni daga Kline?

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

MySeLf

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 01, 2007, 07:00:20 PM
Yau na saurari Deutch Welle sashen Hausa yadda na saba yi a 'yan kwanankin nan. Ana tattauna wa akan wannan sabon kudinnan da yafita a Nigeria da kuma cewa ancire ajamin da ke rubuce a jikin takardun kudin.

Sababbin kudin sun fito kenan? kuma what about the old note,
za'a daina karbarsu kenan?.... Hhmmm!! :-\

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 01, 2007, 07:00:20 PM
My question is why are we so proud to identify with Fulani more than with Hausa, even though the blood in some maybe more Hausa than fulani or half and half? One never hears of pride in being a typical Habe or even half Habe!! Any one got ideas or suggestions.

Yeah you are right Husna, but is kind of difficult to explain.
But i think may be is because fulani are more prettier then hausas.
When ever we hear the word fulani we think about slim, tall and beauty
and we all like that feeling.

Hausawa kuwa kinsan asalinsu maguzawa ne.
Su kuwa maguzawa Allah ya zuba musu muni ga tambele kalala......  :-X ;D
So inna zaton wannan connection din namu da maguzawa shi muke gudu.
Inkika shiga irin longunan kauyika sosai kikaga real hausa bama guje,
bakyaso ace kin hada jini dasuba........ hehehe!!
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dan-Borno on March 01, 2007, 08:46:09 PM
Thank you very much Aunty Husna for discharging and dismissing me from this thread.
I am very disturbed, but dont mind, its one of those (subut da baka) and da haka zamu san meye a zuciyan mu na boye.

Wai wai wai. Yau rana ta baci!! My favorite nephew is hurt!! Cei!! Dan Allah make una no take di road to 'nunun' (wink wink). A bucket of apologies....na joke I dey do ooo!! Mi ma my paternal grand father Babarbare ne if u want to know and my maternal grand father is a ba'abzine or buzu in other words. Na my grand mothers wey de from fulani stock. So strictly speaking, ni ma ba bafulatana ba ce, amma we all claim anyway. Lol na  nadaka MC and, special guest of honor  a wannan thread din. U are welcome to the highest of the high table!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
German Shepherd?? Now where did I hear those word ne?????? Ok change that to a LION They are more majestic!!! ;D
Myself, u are right on target!! I think the same way.....

HUSNAA

Where are the bonafide Fulanis ne? Ko babu in the forum???

Dan-Borno

Aunty Husna, may be you have hurt so many people by this thread, however, i was only opportuned to react immediately as you have specifically mentioned my name.

Their is much implication in discussing this thread.

For the cordial relationship to continue, i wish to apply as follows:

Dear Aunty Husna,

Allah Subhanahu wata'ala yace "Inna Khalaqanakum min zakarin wa unsa, waja alna kum shu'uban wa qaba'ila, inna akramakum indallahi atqakum"

In view of the above, may I humbly apply for the locking/removal of this thread completely from this forum.

Thanks for your usual cooperation.

Dan-Borno
On behalf of the aggrieved (minorities)
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Lol Dan Borno, I dont think this thread is hurtful to anyone. It is unfortunate that u didnt see it in the light hearted way that I meant it to be. I was just applying the sort of joke that Barebari and Fulani are famous for. I didnt think that u would take any offence at my saying u are excluded. And anyway, u aside, what I have said is fairly the truth, all Fulani's are more proud of their Fulani heritage than their Hausa heritage if they happen to be mixed breeds or cross breeds. I am just bringing the subconscious to the notice of everyone. That is all. No one was hurt except you and you also not so much the thread itself as the fact that u thought I was discriminating u. And I think it isnt that at all either. I think u didnt like my reference to u in that thread from a new member, the resentment of that which spilled over into this thread and for which I have apologized. I can apologize again if u want. Girman kai bai mun kanta ba.....yet  ;D

alkanawi

Tufiakwa!!!!!!!!!!
God forbid bad tin.
its just that my computer is doing the "efcc list" thing.One moment it is doctored the next it is authentic.Freezing and thawing at will as if registering her displeasure with the inaction on global warming.
Anyway i'm trying to come up with an appropriate response in due time(after consultation with my constituency and God)
"corgito ergo sum"

Dan-Borno

;D Auntyna kenan, calm down, i didnt take any offence.
Maybe i did not understand you very well.

gogannaka

Quote from: alkanawi on March 07, 2007, 06:18:46 PM
Tufiakwa!!!!!!!!!!
God forbid bad tin.
its just that my computer is doing the "efcc list" thing.One moment it is doctored the next it is authentic.Freezing and thawing at will as if registering her displeasure with the inaction on global warming.
Anyway i'm trying to come up with an appropriate response in due time(after consultation with my constituency and God)

It seems you are reading too much nigerian newspapers  ::)

What Husna is talking about is very true fa.
Most of us are much more comfortable to be associated with our fulani side(those that have a fulani and hausa side kenan).I believe it is like that because as Myself said,the hausawan asali are regarded as maguzawa masu zanzan kuma gajeru gasu bakake.(in short i've not hearda nything good about them)
banda bautawa barbushe da tsimbirbura.
Fulani pride got it's source maybe because the fulani rulers that formed the empire (emirs appointed by Danfodio) were regarded as role models and saviours.Every body therefore would better be associated to them.
This brings the question,does it take one to understand the fulani language to be a fulani man/woman?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Fateez

In banda abun mutane ma i wonder whats wrong with being hausa.

It's a very beautiful tribe. Infact me sef I dey claim hausa. As far as

i am concerned, being a hausa person rocks!  8)  8)  8)  8) My case

is a very complicated one. Genetically and biologically, I am a fulani

person from one small village like this very close to the Nijar border.

But due to fulani and their waka waka plus historical pressure I was

brought up as a Hausa person. Then my dear grandpa (bless his soul)

who was an anti-tribalism activist changed his name...into a Kanuri one!

So there: Fulani genetics, Hausa lifestyle, Kanuri Surname...everybody wins!

Tho somehow, i still wish i was an Igbo person....... :'(   :'(    :'(    :'( 

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Fateez

Quote from: gogannaka on March 08, 2007, 09:57:12 PM

This brings the question,does it take one to understand the fulani language to be a fulani man/woman?

Yeah i think it wud be a fair thing to do. Da way things r going,

dat language is going to be extinct real soon. Too many dialects

and very diverse sets of people. People dont even bother to learn

it anymore. Like Husnaa said, it's becoming a second language. I

doubt if it's taught in schools as a subject in the national curriculum.

Even if it's being taught, maybe its only in the far east around dat

yola side.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

amira

Quote from: Fateez on March 13, 2007, 01:52:27 PM

In banda abun mutane ma i wonder whats wrong with being hausa.

It's a very beautiful tribe. Infact me sef I dey claim hausa. As far as

i am concerned, being a hausa person rocks!  8)  8)  8)  8) My case

is a very complicated one. Genetically and biologically, I am a fulani

person from one small village like this very close to the Nijar border.

But due to fulani and their waka waka plus historical pressure I was

brought up as a Hausa person. Then my dear grandpa (bless his soul)

who was an anti-tribalism activist changed his name...into a Kanuri one!

So there: Fulani genetics, Hausa lifestyle, Kanuri Surname...everybody wins!

Tho somehow, i still wish i was an Igbo person....... :'(   :'(    :'(    :'( 

Igbo kuma Fateez  ;D ;D
Am with the fulani genetics, hausa lifestlyl but without the kanuri surname lol.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

bakangizo

In ba don ance "one man meat, na anoda man poison" ba, yaya mutum zai ce he/she wish to be Igbo ;D I remember my former boss has the same affection for Igbos. He also stated on occasions that he wish he were igbo. But then he's the type that doesn't like associating with hausa ppl. Kuma fa bahaushe ne, dan cikin gari (Gwammaja). Ya kan ce wai rayuwar bahaushe da halayyar sa suna da matsala. Daga baya na gane ashe yana neman wata igbo, kuma yana sonta sosai da sosai. Har ma mutane suka rinka rade-radin cewar zata iya juyar da shi daga musulunci.

As for me, my mother is fulani. My dad is bahaushe. But I never see anything 'special' about fulani that would make me want to be associated with the tribe more than hausa. In fact most of my friends don't even know I have fulani blood in me, cos I prefer to be hausa. Real proud of that. If there were to be re-incarnation, I would want to come back as bahaushe-mai-ban-haushi 8)

ummita

*Signs* ok.......fair enuf.....so I finally decided to read-tru dis topic & behold it cudnt b more obvious than this....(side-pokers)!!! lol.

So wats d hype? No really, wats d hitch? If u r Fulani.....be "it" & if ur hausa....."so be it", no qualms.........but no doubt u'd b proud of ur tribe. Tribe is tribe, so long you are not misplaced in culture & you got one 2 call ur own......then "thou shall worry not"!!!!!

I can't b hot & bothered wakin dead of nyt & wonderin...mhmmm mum & dad r ...........But grandmah is.........though grandpah speaks French & his mum speaks Swahili, but her dad is Yoruba & far along the generation.....my ancestors were Arabs. & how did I become intertwined in the webs of Fulanis or Hausas? And if I belong to either one of these two.....why shudnt it b my pride?........Puhleeez, spare me d thoughts!! 

Instead of saying wats d big deal with being ful-fulde.....I rather b hausa or there's nothing wrong with claimin hausa.....but am a bit of both.........or I hav ful-fulde blood in me but I don't like claiming just to please people & their misconceptions of "its better being hausa or its better being Fulani" .......so let me even things & just claim hausa........or vice versa.....stop hallucinating & juss claim it & own up!!

Check on it, we r all suffocated in here....conversing mostly in English.....so wetin dey ? Despite d fact dat we all have our differentials in language & culture!!!

Going off at a tangent, am second in line.....I luv Igbos (obsessed), a little admiration, don't hurt.......besides named second-grandchild Chinelo-ukwamakah....plus Jamaican's r on my 'A' list, they "Ace"!

& errmmmm....BK, if ur dad is bahaussa......u take his line!!!!

Lets put it 2 rest, shall we?

Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!