News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

'YAR ADUA IS DEAD!!!!

Started by HUSNAA, March 07, 2007, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilaihi rajiun!
I just this minute heard the shocking news that 'Yar adua has died in Germany!! I was making a joke about his health in an Ete posted thread, not knowing that he had already died then!!!
La Haula wa la Kuwwata illa billah!
Allah Yajikan sa!
This is the 'do or die affair' that OBJ was talking of. Honestly ppl should watch what they say, because sometimes the angels say 'amen' and an inevitable thing happens. What we Hausawa call fada da bakin mala iku!! Koda yake lokacin sa ne ya cika (His time has ended)
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

lionger

Yep I heard reports about this earlier today. A few news sources have carried it too..

http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1913

http://elendureports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=356&Itemid=33

I thought it was just rumors so I said nothing on the other thread, but now u mention it I wonder...
:(

HUSNAA

The guy is probably still alive!! I just heard him on the BBC denying rumors of his death lol..

Dan-Borno

Aunty Husna, how sure are you? None of the local or international news carried this news.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

lionger

I hope he's alive. I don enta 'siddon look' mode until more credible sources come through.

Here's BBC:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6427577.stm

Nigeria's ruling party presidential contender, Umaru Yar'Adua, 55, says he is well enough to run in April's polls.
Speaking to the BBC from Germany, where he was flown for a medical check-up, he scotched speculation that he was unfit to continue in the contest.

He said reports that he had collapsed and was rushed to hospital were "not true" and he would return home soon.

Mr Yar'Adua has been the frontrunner to win the elections and has previously suffered from a kidney illness.

He became the People's Democratic Party presidential candidate after being backed by President Olusegun Obasanjo - who steps down in April after eight years in power

alkanawi

'was shocked,dumbfounded.Welter of emotions were racing through my mind;sadness,pity,despair,and a lot of "ifs",finally resignation in the will of the Almighty. I hope he gets better so that he can go back to ABU and continue teaching. I pray for the best for Nigeria.
"corgito ergo sum"

HUSNAA

He's alive alright. The Beeb spent its afternoon program debunking the rumors and taking great care not to mention that the chief rumor was that he'd died. I was in stitches!! I am embarrassed as well. Gosh but I did get my info from reliable sources, even if they proved unreliable in the long run. I was even told that the news had been confirmed in Germany where 'Yar adua is at the moment.

What went through my mind was that there really should be a probe into this German hospitals. I mean there have been a number of prominent Nigerians who went to a German hospital for treatments and came back in wooden caskets. That has happened to a number of high profile ppl. That got me to thinking whether there wasnt really something underfoot to do with these German hospitals. Anyway time will tell. I am sitting down and waiting for what tomorrow will bring.

lionger

Quotethere really should be a probe into this German hospitals. I mean there have been a number of prominent Nigerians who went to a German hospital for treatments and came back in wooden caskets. That has happened to a number of high profile ppl. That got me to thinking whether there wasnt really something underfoot to do with these German hospitals. Anyway time will tell. I am sitting down and waiting for what tomorrow will bring

Husnaa I think the more pertinent question is why these prominent Nigerians have to fly out for medical treatment in the first place. Don't we have any hospitals in all of Nigeria that are good enough for these people? Look at Cuba for instance. When Fidel Castro became seriously ill, he wasn't flown out of the country; he is being taken care of right there in Cuba. Why can't it be the same for us? This and other incidents like the demise of Stella Obasanjo is yet another indictment on Nigeria's health sector. >:(

HUSNAA

I totally agree Lionger with yr line of thought. Infact I have always felt some incongruity about it every time some leader decides to travel abroad for medical check ups. It is such an irony and a total indictment agaist their leadership. But at the same time one cant help feeling mystified at the frequent rate of high profile deaths that happens in Germany, when ever some personality seeks medication there.

Dan-Borno

Check this picture very well forumites, i was shocked the first time i saw it.
Its better this man resigns and face his health wallahi.
Ni kam abin ya bani tsoro.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

NewEte

Dan Borno, what do you mean he should resign? Is it because he was wearing an Igbo traditional attire in that picture? Isn't that how local 'folitics' is played? Dude was 'representing' and giving the igbos their props.
Dan Borno, stop playa hating.  ;D

On a serious note, in reference to what Husnaa said about high profile Nigerian's going to Germany for treatment and returning dead, perhaps, there is a Doctor evil in that hospital. The goal being to eliminate as much Nigerian government officials as possible as a way of paving the way for hopefully new breed replacements.

But as lionger said, isn't this an indictment on their leadership? The whole thing does not even appear shameful to these Nigerian leaders. I daresay that it is at a point where they view frequent overseas medical attention as a status and a pride thing. In a normal situation, they should be burying their heads in shame. So yes, let them keep going abroad and let Dr. Evil keep sending scores of them back in wooden boxes. Maybe, just maybe, they'll eventually rethink their decisions. Foolish people.

Dan-Borno

;D  ;D  ;D Malam Sabo Ete, PDP don make your eyes blind abi.

His outfit is ok, i like it. 

Abi, this one na South-South Agenda?
Ete! tell me more.

NewEte

Lol, Dan Borno, yes O! It is a South South agenda. If south south cannot produce the next president, at least maybe they can convert a northern candidate to a south southerner.
So what you see here is the conversion of Alhaji Musa Yar-Adua to Chief Dr. Theophilus Yaradinma Aduabedike ( Ukulu Afolo folo 1 of Nzi-Igbo Aheaneze)

He is also no more from Katsina. He is now from Nnewi.  Please take note. That's why he is really dressed like that.

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: NewEte on March 08, 2007, 08:29:58 PM
Alhaji Musa Yar-Adua to Chief Dr. Theophilus Yaradinma Aduabedike ( Ukulu Afolo folo 1 of Nzi-Igbo Aheaneze)

And I thought it was only in the north that they invent these quaint names to sell political candidates. Who remembers Olu Falaye renamed 'Auwalu Falalu' by Abubakar Rimi and now Goodluck Jonathan as 'Jamilu mai Sa'a'?? ;D

Quote from: Dan Borno on March 08, 2007, 08:29:58 PMCheck this picture very well forumites, i was shocked the first time i saw it.
Its better this man resigns and face his health wallahi.
Ni kam abin ya bani tsoro.

He looks very authentic too!! He could easily pass as an Igbo man!!