News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES

Started by Dan-Borno, March 12, 2007, 09:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

Sheik Bamalli, I just received this text on Saturday morning from a friend:

BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES:

1.    www.answeringislam.org
2.    www.aboutislam.com
3.    www.Thequran.com
4.    www.allahassurance.com

Pls check/verify the contents of the websites and communicate.

Salam.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

_Waziri_

Dan-Borno,

I really do not think one needs to fear those sites. I would prefer that one prepares for them. For me over time they have helped me understood the logic of my faith the most as the arguments they put forward seem to be bordered only on the very weak aHadiths and some outright un authenticated qur'anic exegies.   

HUSNAA

Better to avoid them still. Not everyone has a vast knowledge of Islam as you do.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

NewEte

Why avoid them Husnna? How does avoidance help shed light here? Dan Borno saw these sites and needed some clarification, and I think that is important for two reasons.
1. It helps educate people better on their religion so that facts and myths are identified
2. It helps to set records straight not just for muslims, but for non muslims as well, which ultimately promotes better understanding so that some of the provocation that Alkanawi mentioned in another thread may cease to continue.

It is my belief that people can easily form inaccurate opinions out of ignorance or just a total lack of taking time to actually doing some research so as to understand what a doctrine or a belief actually says. So some sites like these may publish several things about Islam that people not familiar with Islam may simply swallow as authentic without knowing what the real facts are. I think many so called radical Muslims also fall into this situation given their interpretation or understanding of religious texts which on many occassions differ from the interpretation of more moderate Muslims.

I don't think the solution is to avoid sites like this altogether. I think the solution lies in providing honest and more contextual explanation to some of the 'discrepancies' that sites like this claim is contained in religion. The importance of assuming this more engaging or educational stance was quite evident in another thread that Dan Borno posted about Men confessing to incent in a Church alter Call. Initially, Mushin read that thread and erroneously indicted Christianity as a religion. But it was pointed out to him that nowhere in the christian Bible is incest permitted, and that as a matter of fact, it is condemned as sin. Then, with further clarification of events at that church rally, it became apparent that religion had no role to play in the affliction of those self confessed male predators. After clarification was provided, Muhsin retracted his initial comment with an apology, which was a noble thing indeed, and I commend him/her for that.  But see, if that had been left unanswered, it may have stuck in his/her mind that incest is a christian permissible thing, and that adds to all other misconceptions he already had about christianity and non muslims, and it is passed on to others, and it continues along that path. This is how intolerance begins. It begins with a lack of knowledge.

HUSNAA

Sigh......

Ete, you are missing the point. There are some websites which purport to be islamic but are not. Their chief aim is to mischievously distort the message of islam in order to satisfy some hidden agenda...maybe just to anger muslims, or  probably cause them to deviate as is mostly the case with the honey coated pseudo islamic sites.

Many a time, the holy Quran has come under this kind of attack covertly. Copies of the Qur'an with
the message distorted have  been detected time and again, by hufaz and learned muallims. These distorted qur'ans it was hoped will find their way into the homes and minds of some unsuspecting muslims and cause them to deviate from the true teachings. What is hoped to be achieved through this is universal acceptance of an alternative way of life other than the one put forward by Islam. That way what is called 'radical islam' can be effaced eventually and we can all live in a 'gloriously harmonious' way as dictated by agents of the western way of life - a way of life that is certainly ruinous for the muslims.

Fortunately for muslims, Allah SWA Promised to Protect His book from dessecration and that is why, even if one letter, or syllable of the holy Qur'an is tampered with, it is immediately detected and muslims the world over are alerted. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the ahadeeths, which are the sayings and the actions of the prophet (SAW). There have been hadeeths that have been attributed to the Prophet but for which there were no means of verifying their authenticity, or have come from a chain of narrators of whom one of them was of doubtful character. These hadeeths are termed da'if (weak) and for practical use, are best avoided. Knowledge of these hadeeths should be academic in the sense that one should know them  for what they are rather than for any pragmatic use. In order to appreciate this, one needs to have a very good knowledge of islam in all its ramifications.

Now these islamic sites which one should avoid, use these weak ahadeeths  to provide arguments over contentious issues in islam and give distorted views which are not held in the religion. For someone who is not fairly knowledgeable in islam, it is very easy to fall into the trap of believing these alternative arguments and distorted views because they are presented in a very convincing way, which can only be refuted by someone with a lot of knowledge and understanding of laws of Islam; ppl like Waziri for example. That is why Waziri in his post up there feels confident and competent enough to be able to tackle the sites. But even he gives a proviso: "I would prefer that one prepares for them". Preparation means knowing your stuff from the correct perspective, so that  one is not easily derailed by the arguments.

I mean let me give you an example; much of the time when you post something concerning Islam, yr angle is so glaringly tangential from the correct islamic perspective that it sets off a hornet's nest of protests from the rest of us. You read what ever it is on Islam from a site on the internet and you sincerely believe it because you have no prior knowledge of the correct islamic tenets, beliefs or jurisprudence. However, those of us on whom you propound these adopted views sometimes recognize  the mischiefs inherent in them for which you had no idea. This comes from not knowing anything about Islam.

Now the whole point is that islam is a living religion, because it is a religion that is practiced every second of a person's life. One's whole life and outlook should be dictated by islam and there are no two ways about it. Much of the practical aspect of islam comes from what is contained in the hadeeths, which provide minute details on all matters touched upon on in the Quran and those very few matters left at the discretion of prophet (and even here the prophet does not act out of his own volition, but is provided with guidance from above which may not necessarily be a wahayy).

There is no excuse for any muslim to be negligent in acquring knowledge. This knowledge dictates how he lives his life and correctly practice his religious obligations. Thus it is of paramount importance that this knowledge be the correct one, since it plays a determinant role in the outcome of his fate in his after life. if a person is not an islamic scholar per se, but just an ordinary muslim with a basic understanding of the rudiments of his religion,  then it does him/her no good to visit sites which will cast doubts in his mind, or make him adopt a view which is alien in islam, and ultimately distort how he practices his religion. It is better for him/her to go to authenticated sites whose authors are known and whose views are the general norm in the religion. That way the person stands to benefit more from a spritual stand point, whereas he/she stands to lose a lot from visiting doubtful sites, unless he is secured in his level of faith and understanding of islam.

There is no point in engaging in academic debates about islam just for the sake of  the debates. One must gain something out of them (as Waziri rightly points out). However, depending on one's preparedness in the religion, what one gets out is either beneficial (as is the case with Waziri since they helped him understand the logic of his faith), or harmful. Thus for those whose knowledge is not as vast as Waziri's it is better to avoid the sites.

NewEte

Ok, both you and Waziri help me out here. I want to purchase a copy of the the TRUE koran and the True Hadith so that there are no questions about the authenticity of both. I want to know that what I'm reading has not been tampered with because I get that a lot.
Tell me, or point me in the right direction here. Where can I get original and unadulterated copies of the Koran an of the strong hadith?  I really would appreciate your help on this.

bamalli

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 31, 2007, 12:16:53 AM

I checked some of them i discover that we should be very careful with some of their articles,
but this sites they are good:
harunyahya.com
islamway.com
islamcity.com
jannah.org
almuhaddith.org
aboutislam.com
islamicity.com

HUSNAA

I just discovered Janna.com has a link to the ahmadiyya movement's homepage. I am wondering if janna.com is hosted by the quadiyanis? 
The quadiyanis should be avoided, ppl, they are a corrupt innovative movement. Their leader is one of the thirty great liars that will appear before the dajjal. I am talking about mirza gulam ahmad. so take note.

mallamt

am getting a bit confused, i thought that the quran is unadulterated? why are statements made to suggest that there are adulterated qurans and adulterated hadiths out ther?  is it not a question of how the quran is interpreted by some people? I believe if that is the case then the issue is not the quran but rather interpretation of the quran.  The moment we say there are adulterated qurans then the whole question of the quran being unadulterated is raised which then becomes a whole new issue

HUSNAA

Mallamt,
The Qur'an is the Holy Book of Islam. It is the word of God revealed to the Prophet Muhammad, SAW over a period of 23 years (from 610 to 633 CE) through the angel Jibreel (Gabriel). The Qur'an is still in its original form as it was revealed to Prophet Muhammad, SAW.The Qur'an was revealed in the Arabic language.

When ever revelation came down to the Prophet  he memorized it and dictated it to his secretary, Zayd bin thabit, R.A. who wrote it down on materials like  bark, stone,
bones, leaves, etc. Zayd would read what he had written to the Prophet. If there were any mistakes, Prophet SAW would correct it and then the revealed message would be taught to everyone else. The Prophet Muhammad SAW, as instructed also arranged the order of the verses, etc, and they were written accordingly. The Quran in the time of the prophet SAW was written down completely, but not as a book.

All the companions of the prophet SAW made it a habit to memorize the Quran. After the death of the prophet, many of these huffaz (ppl who memorized the Quran) were  made shaheed (that is killed in battles and wars). After the heavy casualties sustained at the battle of Yamamah, Umar RA became concerned that the message of the Quran would be lost, forever because the number of huffaz was diminishing. So he approached Abubakar R.A who was the Caliph at the time (he was the first Caliph after the prophet)with the suggestion of getting together all the remaining Hufaz and writing the Quran as a book. At first Sayyadina Abubakar R.A. was reluctant, but he eventually saw the need for the compilation and Zayd bin Thabit, R.A. who was the prophet's secretary during the prophet's (SAW) dictations was placed in charge of the compilation

Zayd bin Thabit R.A collected the verses of the qur'an from the various huffaz and companions of the prophet SAW. He verified each verse from his own memory of it and then took each verse or collection of verses to Umar R.A who was also a hafiz, for further verification. Then two reliable witnesses were sought for each verse or collection of verses who were there when the verses were being dictated by the prophet so that they testified that the verses were written in the presence of the Prophet (SAW). In this way, the quran was finally compiled in book form.

This copy stayed with Sayyidina Abubakar R.A until his death, then it passed on to Sayyidina Umar R.A. Upon his death, his daughter  Hafsat, R.A. (who was also a widow of the prophet SAW), became the guardian of the copy.

During the khilafat of Sayyidina Uthman R.A. the third Caliph, Islam had spread far and wide and many ppl had accepted Islam and had learned to read the qur'an. There were seven different ways of reciting the qur'an and different companions had learned these seven different ways of reciting the Qur'an from the Prophet SAW. These seven different ways were disseminated all over the islamic empires. Unfortunately, pp began to quarrel amongst themselves that their way of recital was better than an another way. Thus the need arose for standardizing the Qur'anic recitations.

Sayyidna Uthman R.A got the original copy of the Quran from Hafsat R.A and had a group of companions make trascripts of it. Then he ordered all other copies burnt and had the transcripts of the original disbursed all over the islamic empire as the standard copy, so that there would be no difference between any two copies. This copy of the quran  became the standard, less than 20 yrs after the death of the prophet (SAW). All copies of the Qur'an today are exactly identical to the one produced during the reign of Caliph Uthman R.A. Later improvements to it were the dots and distinguishing marks that were added to make it easier for the non arab readers of the Quran to recite it, otherwise there is totally no difference between the text of Uthmani Quran and all present day copies of the holy Quran. Thus the Holy Qur'an is unadulterated.

When you talk of translation, that is another matter. The Qur'an in the Arabic language is as it has been for about 2000yrs ago. However, when it comes to translations, quaris give the closest meaning to the Arabic words that are contained in the qur'an. Because there can be different words with the same  shade of meaning, then one finds different word translations standing in place of the same arabic word.  Arabic is a language that is so vast and rich in literary terminology that there are so many arabic words for which there are no exact meanings of them in another language. Thus sometimes one has to make do with the closest meaning in another language and this gives rise to different interpretations. So even when translated, the Quran is not adulterated as such, because by adulterated, it is meant the distortion of something or introduction of alien material. This is not the case even with the translated versions of the Qur'an.

When we talk of adulterated quran, it is the fact that there have been some mischievous people who have tried changing the words of the Arabic Qur'an. Now that is what is called adulterated. However, these folks whoever they were, are and will continue to be, can never be successful at redefining the Qur'anic message because Allah SWT Has Promised to Protect His Words as He Revealed them to humanity through the Prophet SAW. That is why whenever  a false quran is assiduously brought out, it is immediately detected, because there are so many quaris and huffaz in the world today who have memorized every letter of the Quran and know the positioning of each of them.

It will never be possible to adulterate the genuine message of the quran because there are many many mathematical keys that lock the quran in place. Tampering with just a letter of the Quran, dislodges the keys. Therefore it is not possible to rewrite the Qur'an. An analogy here would be like the position of the earth in relation to the sun. If the sun were any closer to the earth, we would fry, if it were any further from the earth, we would freeze, or as Harun Yahya puts it: ithe sun as a smaller star will cause the earth to freeze, as a bigger star,  it would scorch the earth. That is how the message of the quran has been preserved.

Allah SWT in the Qur'an Challenges the non believers with these two verses concerning the genuiness of the Quranic message:

Wa in kutum fi raybin mimma nazzalna ala abdina fa'tu bi suratin min mithlihi wad u shuhadaa akum min dunillahi in kuntum sadiqin. (23)

Fa inlam taf alu, walan taf alu, fattakunnara lati wakuduhannasu wal hijarat u'iddat lill kafirin (24)
(sadaqallahu azeem  Suratul Baqara ayah 23 to 24)

Translated:
23    And if ye are in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto Our slave (Muhammad), then produce a surah of the like thereof, and call your witness beside Allah if ye are truthful.

24   And if ye do it not - and ye can never do it - then guard yourselves against the Fire prepared for disbelievers, whose fuel is of men and stones.

When the original message of the Quran is no more, it will be because Allah SWT Would Have Removed it from this world completely as He Removed Prophet Isa AS, and not through adulteration.

About the hadeeths. There are genuine authenticated hadeeths, and there are hadeeths that are of doubtful origin. All hadeeths come through a chain of narrators. These narrators have to be very reliable and of unimpeachable character, for their narrations to be accepted. If there is any doubt as to a chain or link, if even one of the chain of narrators is doubted, then the hadeeth is not accepted as genuine.

bamalli

Quote from: HUSNAA on April 01, 2007, 07:32:01 AM
I just discovered Janna.com has a link to the ahmadiyya movement's homepage. I am wondering if janna.com is hosted by the quadiyanis? 
The quadiyanis should be avoided, ppl, they are a corrupt innovative movement. Their leader is one of the thirty great liars that will appear before the dajjal. I am talking about mirza gulam ahmad. so take note.

jannah.org is very rich site,not jannah.com that one has to do with the ahmadiyya groups as u said.

fulanee

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 30, 2007, 07:21:24 AM
Sigh......

Ete, you are missing the point. There are some websites which purport to be islamic but are not. Their chief aim is to mischievously distort the message of islam in order to satisfy some hidden agenda...maybe just to anger muslims, or  probably cause them to deviate as is mostly the case with the honey coated pseudo islamic sites.

Many a time, the holy Quran has come under this kind of attack covertly. Copies of the Qur'an with
the message distorted have  been detected time and again, by hufaz and learned muallims. These distorted qur'ans it was hoped will find their way into the homes and minds of some unsuspecting muslims and cause them to deviate from the true teachings. What is hoped to be achieved through this is universal acceptance of an alternative way of life other than the one put forward by Islam. That way what is called 'radical islam' can be effaced eventually and we can all live in a 'gloriously harmonious' way as dictated by agents of the western way of life - a way of life that is certainly ruinous for the muslims.

Fortunately for muslims, Allah SWA Promised to Protect His book from dessecration and that is why, even if one letter, or syllable of the holy Qur'an is tampered with, it is immediately detected and muslims the world over are alerted. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the ahadeeths, which are the sayings and the actions of the prophet (SAW). There have been hadeeths that have been attributed to the Prophet but for which there were no means of verifying their authenticity, or have come from a chain of narrators of whom one of them was of doubtful character. These hadeeths are termed da'if (weak) and for practical use, are best avoided. Knowledge of these hadeeths should be academic in the sense that one should know them  for what they are rather than for any pragmatic use. In order to appreciate this, one needs to have a very good knowledge of islam in all its ramifications.
Husnah i copied this part of ur post nd posted it in another forum with the the first post of Danborno.