News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Atiku In Domestic Accident, Flies Out For Treatment

Started by Dan-Borno, March 12, 2007, 09:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

Our future leaders????

Yar'adua in Germany for medical check up
(Ailment - Wai an ce mura ne)

NOW

Atiku flown out for medical check up
(ailment - minor gurjewa from gymnastic)

They dont have confidence in our local hospitals.
These people dont deserve to be voted into the
No. 1 office in Nigeria.

Daga ciwo kadan ya kamasu sai kaji sun bar kasan
bamu da likitoti ne? ko dai bamu da asibiti mai kyau ne?
What is Abuja National Hospital doing?
Dont we have "Teaching Hospitals" that can cure "Mura or minor bruises"

Wallahi these people despise their country and people.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Wallahi Dan Borno u are right. Wai sai kuma suna so mu zabe su? Ba sa so su sha wahala da mu amma suna so mu zabe su! I mean at this point in time. ppl like Atiku should be seen to be relating with the common man. Go to the local hospital and get treated and make a brouhaha about it so that the little man on the street thinks u identify with him. That is all what these politicians do... support a common cause so that u give the message 'we are with u'  even if u dont mean it. But this flying out at every opportunity smacks of arrogance to me and if on his arrival back to the country u tell atiku that his actions imply a lack of good leadership in the country, he will tell you that for the past four yrs he hasnt been part of the leadership... the big ugly   :-X !!!!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

NewEte

The sad thiing about this is that many Nigerians do not even understand how ridiculous this whole thing is. There are many Atiku supporters out there despite this man's total defficiency in character. I had to break it down to one of them the other day before he began to see how disastrous these so called leaders have been to Nigerians. As you both rightly pointed out, they lack confidence in the nation's health care, so they fly abroad frequently for medical reasons at tax payer expense. If most Nigerians would think logically for a moment this, maybe they'll understand how much of a ride they've been taken on for the past miserable 8 years.

At this point, every state should have at least one real state of the art hospital. I am talking of a structure that is 10 floors and houses several departments on each floor with well staffed health care worked which includes Doctors, nurses, ER technicians, social workers, etc. Such a building should also house different departments such as paediatry, oncology, trauma center, pain management, Radiology, Neurology, Dentistry, orthopaedic department, at least 8 ambulances with fully trained EMTs, and the ambulances should be fully equipped with ER and First aid support system. Quite frankly, every local government should have one of such a facility to provide quality health services to people. If they would  just expend some resources honestly and do the right thing, things could be better for everyone including those so called 'leaders' that junket out all the time in search of better medical attention.

The interesting thing about this is that if these so called local leaders reach out to the Nigerian medical community abroad for assistance in building and equipping a facility as described above, the diasporian medical community would respond with full support. I recall on occassions where Nigerian doctors especially here in America do charity drive events where they collect medical equipment donations from several hospitals and medical tech manufacturers and fill a container with the collected items and ship it to a local government or state medical center in Nigeria as a form of aid, but supplies are hijacked in transit at the port, and sold by criminal elements. There was this incident where a Dr. Arigu based in Canada had sent a container load of medical supplies including computers, EKG machines, surgical quipments, monitoring devices, etc to the Nassarawa state government. He and a few other people did this to help the local people in Nassarawa state. The only request they made to the governor was to pay the $5000 cost to ship the containers and clear it at the port in Nigeria. It came to light eventually that the governor billed the state several hundred thousand dollars for shipping cost and also claiming that he had purchased the equipments himself from a Canadian medical supplies firm. Meanwhile the containers were free donations by good hearted people.

The more disturbing revelation was that the contents of the containers were not even given to the health department in the state. Instead they were sold all over to private hospitals all over. What a shame!!!

Dan-Borno

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on March 13, 2007, 09:28:16 AM
Its really a BIG SHAME!
When will all these stupidiy be over?

When you voted for credible and good-minded leaders whose concern is for the development of masses. Isn't it the only solution Dan-Barno?
Allah ya qyara.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

FYI, Atiku first went to Aso clinics(a local,public hospital) for treatment.It was the hospital that referred him for surgery abroad.He had a torn ligament and needed quick surgery.
I'm not a doctor but i think psychology helps in healing and as we are now i dont think anyone can convince a Nigerian that, given an option to be flown out for treatment,he'd/she'd rather stay back in Nija where he'll get better attention here.
Health is not something you experiment with yourself,if you have the chance fly out and get the necessary attention kawai.May God save the poor souls  :'(

Yes we know that the Nigerian doctors perform wonders elsewhere and at least some are doing their best.The whole health care system in Nigeria is a mess and the govt is not only to blame,even the doctors are quite selfish.
Recently,an incident happened in University of Abuja that led to the closure of the University.A student was injured and was rushed to the hospital for emergency treatment.On their arrival they found out there was only one nurse available and there was no light,also she claimed that there was no cotton wool to treat the patient  :o The students that took the poor boy for treatment were so annoyed that they started on a rampage that led to the closure of the school.When contacted the resident doctor told the press that there was abundant materials(including lots and lots of cotton wool) in the store and the nurse could have just took the wool from the store but due to negligence she/he just couldn't. This is just one example.See now the govt has provided the things but the staff didnt know what to do with them.

I learnt from a reliable source that in one of the teaching hospitals in the country they spend 2/3 of the amount they realize on board meetings.And tell me who are the board members?They are almost all doctors(serving here and abroad).They spend the money buying suya and maltina and lodging in 5 star hotels while the poor souls die cos there's no cotton wool or iodine.
Lately the Nigerian doctors are preparing to go on strike because the recent 15% increase in salary did not add much to their salary and that now some of their allowances that were not taxable before are now taxable.Because of that they are going on strike.Remember that the govt Doctors are quite well paid(in the Nigerian standard).

So while the doctors are still fighting which of their allowances should be taxed or not,PLEASE if you get sick and have the means to seek medical attention abroad,don't hesitate for an instance thinking things will get better.They will,but before then,find your level.

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

neozizo

I strongly believe that there is need for a law in his country compelling elected leaders (and their immediate family members) to go for local health and educational institutions.
One of the very rare reasons I respect OBJ is his insistence on his children attending Local Universities (particularly ABU, Zaria)

Muhsin

Surprise. The thing seems to be a bit seriuos as he couldn't attended his campaign ground yersterday at Jigawa, Dutse.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.