News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

19 Palestinians arrested in bombing plot

Started by NewEte, April 10, 2007, 03:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewEte

Associated Press
JERUSALEM - Israeli authorities on Tuesday said they have arrested 19 Palestinian militants for planning to set off a huge car bomb in Tel Aviv over the Jewish holiday of Passover.

The suspects are all were Hamas members from the
West Bank town of Qalqiliya, the Shin Bet security agency said in a statement.

The agency said the arrests took place in late March, but details were only cleared for publication on Tuesday, the day after the weeklong holiday ended.

Hamas officials in Qalqiliya denied the account and said they were not involved in any plot.

Shin Bet said a Palestinian man who apparently intended to blow himself up drove a car packed with 220 pounds of explosives into the Tel Aviv area, then, for reasons not yet clear, returned to Qalqiliya where the car later exploded through a technical malfunction. No one was hurt.

The would-be bomber was able to enter
Israel unhindered because he has an Israeli Arab stepmother and holds an Israeli identity card, Shin Bet said. It said the car had Israeli license plates.

The Israeli daily Haaretz said the plot was ordered by Hamas renegades in the
Gaza Strip who are displeased with the movement's November cease-fire with Israel and its acceptance of the more moderate
Fatah movement into a coalition government.

"Hamas, the senior member in the new Palestinian government, continues to pursue a terror-laden agenda and refuses to abandon the terror option. The Palestinian government is one to be shunned until it forsakes terror and recognizes Israel," said David Baker, an official in the Israeli prime minister's office.

Palestinian police officials in the town said the 19 suspects weren't connected to any bombing. They said the militants were rounded up at a Hamas ceremony marking the third anniversary of the Israeli assassination of the group's founder, Sheik Ahmed Yassin.

Police said the car held less than 2 pounds of explosives and that it was unlikely Hamas was connected because the bomb was so small. However, they said it remained unclear why the car was carrying explosives.

NewEte

About 2 years ago, a couple of Palestinian Muslim gun men entered Israel with the intent of wrecking havoc. They however got cornered by Israeli security forces and these gun men in their bid to escape, ran for cover and took refuge in the Church of the Holy Sepulcher where Christians believe is the spot where Christ was Crucified and buried. Those Palestinian terrorists went into the church and took hostages as their cousins elsewhere often do. Most of the hostages taken were innocent faithfuls and tourists that had entered the church to worship and to take in the scene as it is open to public.
The Palestinians were holed up in the Church for several days, yet the Israelis did not storm the church, they negotiated with them for a long time until a decision was made to give them safe passage out of Israel, and were not to be arrested or prosecuted. Eventually, these men were as promised allowed safe passage and I think given assylum in Germany.

I wonder what the World would have been if some Christian extremists stormed the mosque in Mecca or the one in Jerusalem (the so called furthest mosque) and took Muslim faithfuls hostage. Would there have been peace? Would the situation have been resolved without bloodshed as the Israelis did with those lunatic Palestinians? Perhaps that was a manifestation of what the Christian Bible says that the Church is indeed a place of refuge. No wonder the Palestinians took refuge in the church even though their evil intention was to cause destruction. They themselves were saved from death because they hid in the church of Christ.

Here again on Easter weekend, wayward Palestinians had plotted to do the bidding of their master the devil by packing a vehicle with explosives and entering Israel to blow up people observing the passover and Easter, but fortunately, their plans failed. If they had succeeded, they and their supporters would rejoice chanting Allah U Akbar.

Talking about the Church of the holy Sepulcher, this church was originally built by the Mother of Emperor Constantine in 330 A.D. to commemorate the hill of crucifixion. It was destroyed by the Persians in 614 A.D.  Shortly thereafter it was rebuilt. The Egyptian caliph al-Hakim destroyed the church in 1009 and had the tomb hacked down to bedrock. That was the pattern of Muslims back in the days and even till now.

The question is, why are Muslims always looking to either destroy somebody else's holy place or in other cases build their mosques and worship centers on the grounds of other people's holy sites? For instance, the Temple mount in Jerusalem that Muslims knew very well was a sacred place to Judaism, they decided that that was the best place for them to build the Al Aqsa mosque or the Dome of the Rock thereby creating conflict and confusion which has lasted till present day. Is there an explanation for all this? Or is this Allah ordering them to do these things?

HUSNAA

Quote from: NewEte on April 10, 2007, 05:04:34 PM
Is there an explanation for all this? Or is this Allah ordering them to do these things?

Right ETe u are becoming intolerable. I vote to have u ejected out of this forum. You are way way too contemptuous. If u want to express your contempt, keep Allah out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am also going to write to admin about this. We dont have to tolerate you in this vein. You are too way out of line!!!!!!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

NewEte

Again, nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where has Allah been dragged into anything? You are such an hypocrite. The Palestinians gun men that stormed the Church of holy Sepulcher and their brothers in Gaza and elsewhere that strip themselves with bombs and blow themselves up in the midst of innocent people causing mass deaths take their time in making videos proclaiming that they do their deeds for who? Buddha?

All the suicide bombers that fill cars with explosives and then crash into building or a crowd taking hundreds of lives, where do they say they get their inspiration from? Who do they say directs them to doing what they do?

2 weeks ago, some of your cousins up there killed a teachers in cold blood, and then set her body ablaze because of what? What drove them to be the monsters that they are? Where was your outrage then Husnaa? Where was your anger then?

Here you are now twisting things and lying through your teeth and falsely claiming that I insult your maker. What a bunch of crap. What really upsets you? What part of my essay have I lied about? Never be ashamed of who you are husnaa. The minute something shames you, you should leave that something so you are no longer shamed, if that is infact your problem.

Do me a favor however, show me and everyone else where I have insulted your maker. I want to see it.

HUSNAA

You are the bloody hypocrite Ete, pretending to try to understand Islam and muslims when all you like doing on this forum is creating mischief. You can abuse me all u like. You can call me all the names in the world that u like. You can also abuse muslims in general and call them what you like, but by God we  wont tolerate disrespect of our God. If you want to address Allah Subhanahu Wa ta Ala, NEVER address Him as 'this Allah'. This is a  very contemptuous way of address and you have come very close to abusing Allah in many of your past posts but we have  been tolerant of you because we  thought u were genuinely misguided about islam.  We have told you so much of Islam to make   you have an appreciation of what the religion is, but because your motive is otherwise, we have been doing nothing but wasting our times listening to you and answering you. None of your christian counterparts on this forum are anything like you. We have dialogued with them and there has been mutual respect and understanding between them and us.  But it is not the same with you. You are nothing but a mischief monger.  There are boundaries that you will not cross and be tolerated Ete. I think it is either time for you to stop or be voted OUT!! I FOR ONE I AM REALLY TIRED OF YOUR USELESS XENOPHOBIC HATE MONGERING TIRADES.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Quote from: NewEte on April 10, 2007, 05:04:34 PM
The question is, why are Muslims always looking to either destroy somebody else's holy place or in other cases build their mosques and worship centers on the grounds of other people's holy sites? For instance, the Temple mount in Jerusalem that Muslims knew very well was a sacred place to Judaism, they decided that that was the best place for them to build the Al Aqsa mosque or the Dome of the Rock thereby creating conflict and confusion which has lasted till present day. Is there an explanation for all this? Or is this Allah ordering them to do these things?

Even those of us who dont understand english very well,
your above statement is a clear disrespect for both Muslims
and Islam.

I have advised you Ete times without number to keep away
from anything religious, especially Islam.  There are a thousand
and one ways you will understand Islam but not by attacking it.

I have respect for Christianity and Christians, and above all
I loved Jesus Christ.  Whatever situation I will find any
bad behaviour from a christian brother, i will never blame
Christianity for that or Jesus Christ.

It is only by respecting ones religion, culture and conscience
that peace will prevail on earth.

Ete, the way you attend to issues pertaining Islam in this forum
is quite disgusting and discouraging, because you dont come in
as someone who is ready to learn.

For the sake of peace, continuity and acceptance, I strongly
advice that you retract your statement please.

Can you remeber when you asked me to make correction on the
heading of a topic i posted?  I gladly and happily did correct it
so that i wouldnt want a situation i will hurt the feelings of
my christian brothers.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Dave McEwan Hill

Well said, Dan Borno.

New Ete. I am a Christian and I find your completely over the top remarks on Islam insulting and offensive. You will win no arguments by behaving this way.

Sadly there are people on this forum who try all the time to find reasons to attack Islam and others who try to find reasons all the time to attack Christianity.

This sums up Nigeria's problem.

As Husnaa says -  Moslems who behave badly do not do so because they are Moslem. They do so because they are bad and ignoring the tenets of their own religion. The same goes for badly behaved Christians. We should all try to disagree peacefully and in full respect of everybody else's opinions and beliefs.

NewEte

Dave be a Christian all you want, and that is fine. I am an African Traditionist. What part of that do you all not understand?
It is rather funny to me that each time I write anything that remotely looks like it is critical of Islam, people respond by either claiming to be Christians or anti Christians as if I care.

You know, not too long ago someone posted an article about that Pastor in Nigeria that was having all kinds of orgy with his church members and at some point he supposedly caused the death of one or more of those members. The guy is now convicted and sitting on death row. I minced no words in attacking his actions and others like him. Many normal Nigerians did the same, most of them Christians. If I recall, when that article was first posted, Husnna was estactic and wondered where I was and what I had to say. I disappointed her of course because I unequivocally condemned the entire incident and put the blame squarely where it belonged. So what is the problem now? I am critical of anything that needs criticism, and I am fair and balanced. My record speaks for itself, and I am peaceful. I don't know how else to tone down my writings except of course you want me to ignore everything religious and comment only on nice things. Is that what you are asking?

Dave McEwan Hill

You appear to be missing the point.  I don't care what religion anyone is.  I take people as I find them and do unto them as I would like them to do unto me.  But you last post is in much more reasonable tone.

NewEte

Thanks Dave. I am always fair and balanced. People just hate the truth.