News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

How are you feeling today?

Started by Muhsin, April 26, 2007, 03:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

Kai, kun dame mu da Harry Potter nan
is he a politician ne?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 23, 2007, 07:33:41 PM
Kai, kun dame mu da Harry Potter nan
is he a politician ne?

Lol kowa da abin da ya dame shi!!
No he is not a politician, but u are welcome to make one out of him. Start by reading the books ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Mufi

I really would like to start reading more. i think the harry porter collection will be a great start.
Aunty Husnaa are the books really great? the kind that u keep reading non-stop.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

HUSNAA

The books are superb!!! ;D.
I first bought sorcerer's stone, chamber of secrets and prisoner of azkerban when goblet of fire was already out. I was just like u then. couldnt see what the books were all about. I kept them for many months without even taking them out of their wrappings cos I didnt buy them for my self but for my kids. Then when I finally gave it to them, it was like sallah day for them. They shared out the books then after that, my sister bought them goblet of fire and order of the phoenix. They were really ecstatic. There was doing nothing else but read read and reread Harry Potter. The mood was so contagious so I decided to find out what the hype was all about. I sat down one afternoon with  sorcerer's stone and started reading it. I didnt put it down until i had read the last page. I promptly asked for the second book!! That's how addictive they were!!

amira

Harry potter this guy has made his name round my house, my lil bro is always watching his movies over and over again and his got the books, since i didnt even know about this potter boy now nima ina marmarin to go and see this order of the phenix.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

HUSNAA

Amira
go and see the movie by all means. But I think the only thing u will get out of it is the special effects. U need to know the books first to really appreciate the film. I saw it last week and it was fairly good, but its really a bit twisted unless u are aware of the plot before hand and as an overall movie, unless u are a die hard fan of harry potter like we all are, the movie will appear a bit disappointing. I say this because I went to watch Pirates of the carribean 3 without ever having seen 1 or 2 and I found it a bit challenging. (Actually desperately boring).
On the other hand, the dementors in this film and the their effects before they appear is better than in the prisoner of Azkaban. In general, the director has been faithful to the book.
I  finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows this morning at 3:40 AM. I just couldnt put it down.....I wont spoil the fun for anyone by giving away tidbits..........
Dumbledore dominates the book though. I think it is an effort on JK's part to make up for making us the readers, so unhappy bcos of his death in halfblood prince.

there was only one unexplained mystery for me and I would like anyone who has read deathly hallows to explain to me how come Neville Longbottom ended up with the Sword of Gryfindor when Griphook ran away with it at Gringotts ( i am not giving anything away believe me....)

HUSNAA

Quote from: HUSNAA on July 27, 2007, 03:24:24 PM

there was only one unexplained mystery for me and I would like anyone who has read deathly hallows to explain to me how come Neville Longbottom ended up with the Sword of Gryfindor when Griphook ran away with it at Gringotts ( i am not giving anything away believe me....)

I've got the answer! Why I never thought about it shows how I just skim the surface of the book in my effort to  get to the end of the book. The sword always appears to he who is in dire need of it, and is a true gryfindor. Neville as we know was the other boy who could have been the threat to Voldemort. Also he was given a specific task by Harry which really needed him to use the sword. So it appeared.

Muhsin

I"m feeling radiant. Alhamdulillah.

Aunty Husnaa, you really seem to have an Xtraordinary interest in reading Harry Porta book series. And you have been lots about how intrigueing, mystereous and what have you the books deal with. It sound absolutely fantastic. Saidai wani abu.....

Despite my been an avid reader of novels, surprise I have never read a single book in that series. I really need to read one, preparably before university resumption and normal lecture time. Aunty, how or where can I get a latest copy here in Kano. Do you know anywhere and how expensive the books are? Can I afford buying one.

And to Amira, where are you? You are coming and abruptly going like walkiya. Wish all is aright with you--Amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

amira

Hey mushin :) am hia and am fine thanks alhamdulillah, just been a bit busy thats why havent been hia full time ;D ;D but anyway all good, but its d same with you cos ur not hia like you always use to be, well  hope everything is all fine.

Husnaa am still hia trying to find sometime to go see potter.

Muhsin

Quote from: amira on July 31, 2007, 12:16:29 AM
Hey mushin :) am hia and am fine thanks alhamdulillah, just been a bit busy thats why havent been hia full time ;D ;D but anyway all good, but its d same with you cos ur not hia like you always use to be, well  hope everything is all fine.

Husnaa am still hia trying to find sometime to go see potter.

Hello there,
Oh, I know you can notice that. But, as in my case, the problem almost completely lies under Nigeria and Nigerian day to day problems. But you aren't living in here......thus I notice. Anyway, thanks and bliss be to Allah.

Let me correct you before I go; you wrote mushin instead of Muhsin. Muhsin I am as Amira you are not Amiru. Lol! :o ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

amira

Ooops  ;D correction taken into account. i see, the nigerian dayz.

bakangizo

Quote from: HUSNAA on July 27, 2007, 03:24:24 PM
::) ::) Ai ka ji. To da irin wa'yannan sunayen ina mutum zai iya gane wa?

IBB

Paranoid.

I was browsing in U-tube I came across a clip of a Jinnii praying Sallat I tried to watch it. But it scared the hell out of me. Now m so scared every small noise freak me out.

I'm really courious but too scared to watch it. Anybody got the nerves to watch it and tell pls. thanx

You can type Jinnii praying in u-tube to find it
IHS

amira

Lol wallahi ni ka sa ni dariya IBB, *wiping a tear off my eye* namji da kai  ;D ;D, ni rabani da abin tsoro i aint even going to search it, scary stuff count me out. kahuta lafiya ;)

Muhsin

Alhamdulillah. Things are going aright. It's my sister's wedding day. Wish you'll all pray for Allah's bless to that marriage.

Nagode.