News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

air crash

Started by cathy, March 23, 2004, 03:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathy

My grandfather was killed in Kano in June of 1961 in an aircrash. His name was Thomas Pratt. Does anybody know where his grave is? He was buried near the crash site as far as I know and that was just about two miles outside Kano. If anyone knows of a grave near there please let me know, I have been looking for his grave for months and am not having any luck. Thanks everybody. ???

Anonymous

Hi Cathy
I suspect your grandfather may be buried in a small graveyard which is just off Airport Road not far from the Brigade District though I'm not sure how long it has been there.

David McEwan Hill

Hafsy_Lady

CATHY I DONT REALLY THINK I KNOW, BUT I WILL ALSO HELP BY ASKING AND AM SURE OUR MEMBERBOARDIANS WILL BE ABLE TO FIND ANSWERS TO YOUR SEARCHES. GOOD LUCK
What you see is what you get[/b]

Anonymous

Cathy

David is right, I was at that particular cementry some few years ago and if I remember there was some kind of a symbolic thomb stone of that crash.  The cemetry is in a terrible state now and thomb stones have been generally descerated and virtually no records.  However, there is a briton in Nassarawa who can be located through the british council, he has been involved alot with identification of graves/monuments erected in memory of british citizens, for exhumation and reburial in the UK where possible or required.

cathy

I am not a british citizen, I hail from the republic of Ireland and hopefully would like to get my grandfather buried at home next to his grandmothers grave, I'll try them anyway and see if they'll be willing to help me. Thanks for all the help , I really appreciate it, I hope that that is my grandfathers tomb and that I can hopefully get it identified. Thanks a million,