News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Anything you hate about our Hausa People? Any Changes you want?

Started by jewel(abdulgee22), May 08, 2007, 08:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jewel(abdulgee22)

I know we r nice people and after staying with other people i love hausa people more, but what do you hate about our hausa people, wetin i mean is that attitudes, culture, tradition, eating, laugher, waliking..........etc. Abeg tell us make see, if there r things we r doing  and need to change them (if we can) Make i start:

"My people u know, when a hausa man wan piss, toh fa immediately he see a buta, and any corner, na   
  there he will zuge tazugen shi, and tsula fitsari a wurin".

whos.........next?
for those that sleep their dreams is a reality, wake up is just an illussion."

jewel of d nile.

MySeLf

!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

IBB

I dont really have prob with durkusawa. I want us to express our love for our parent, children, brothers or sisters properly. I notice we are shy. Have u ever heard ur parent said they love u, i know they do,they can tell others but not u in ur face. I notice our culture is respect oriented not love oriented. we show too much respect, m not saying is wrong but is too much, some children are scared of their parent or elder once to the core, they cant even move or make a noice when an elder is around, u cant be urself. I think thats y some children are so loose when they are out of sight. I think if they can do wat they do out of sight in the presence of an elder, they can be easily corrected in a friendly manner without somebody comin to tell you, and some parent hardly believe such stories. Correction in none harsh manner last forever.

M tryin to encourage us youth to show our affection towards our kids n da junior once, shake their hands, hug them, keeep remindin them you love them they will love u too, be their friend. When they are in trouble or need your advise they will be able to discuss with u freely. It will really help us build a loving and happy community.

IHS

Fateez

Quote from: Myself on May 08, 2007, 09:40:00 PM
What about durkusawa gaisuwa
and boye sunan dan fari.

I don't see anything wrong with durkusawa to greet elders. I think it

should even be encouraged. Look at it this way Myself, it could have

been worse...imagine if you had to press-up to greet.  :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

gogannaka

Yes 'dogbale' as the Yoruba's call it.

One of the things i dislike about the Hausa people (and fulani too) is almajiranchi da kuma bala'in son haihuwa kuma babu halin bawa yaran tarbiyya.
I visited a friend watarana in one place called Gwammaja in Kano.
I went there around 11am and i noticed alot( i mean ALOT) of small small children roaming the streets (not tarred streets o,lungu ne sosai). Lokacin da na je kuma the schools were in session so i asked him why the children are roaming about instead of being in school. He confessed that most of the parents don't put the children in school because they cannot afford.
Kuma idan kuka ji ashar a bakin yaran sai kun yi mamaki.
The situation is so bad that some of the children are given money for food because at times it is cheaper for the parents  :'(.

Haka kuma zaka je da tsakar rana ko goshin maghrib sai ka ga yara suna ta wasa abin su a waje wanda Annabi ya gargadi iyaye da su tabbatar yayansu suna cikin gida a lokutan nan domin a lokacin ne Aljanu da shaidane suke fitowa harkokin su.Toh,yaran sun yi yawa bama a ganewa ko suna ina.
Kai wani sa'in ma fa su iyayen da kansu suke cewa yaran su fita su je suyi wasa saboda su ma iyayen su dan sami privacy a gidan.

Yet with all this they tell you Allah provides and that the Prophet SAW encouraged his Ummah to give birth so much such that zai sami abun alfahari rannar gobe kiyama.To shin Annabi zai yi Alfahari da Mazinachi ne ko kuwa zai yi alfahari da dan-daba ko barawo?
Hausawa sun ce da Haihuwar yuyuyu,gwara daya kwakkwara.
Allah ya taimake mu.

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

I know what you mean GGNK. I once was travelling along BUK road on a thursday morning around 11 am also, and i looked across to where the NEPA yard was, and I saw children lots and lots of them playing football. I wondered what they were doing not going to boko at least since i knew on thursday babu islamiyyah. I became quite scared cos i was thinking in a few yrs these kids will become adolescents and young adults and they will have so much time on their hands with nothing to do with it. They will probably end up as social misfits. I became very worried honestly.

Nima that hakikancewa by Hausawa that Annabi SAW zaiyi alfahari that  alummar sa tafi ta kowa yawa rannar tashi Kiyama which encourages  Hausawa  to procreate like rabbits or mice, makes me sceptical. I mean when ppl tell me that, I say well why dont we try and convert the ppl that are already in the world? If they became muslims, that will also swell the ranks of the ummah ranar Kiyama abi?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

jewel(abdulgee22)

Quote from: HUSNAA on May 21, 2007, 04:50:56 AM
I know what you mean GGNK. I once was travelling along BUK road on a thursday morning around 11 am also, and i looked across to where the NEPA yard was, and I saw children lots and lots of them playing football. I wondered what they were doing not going to boko at least since i knew on thursday babu islamiyyah. I became quite scared cos i was thinking in a few yrs these kids will become adolescents and young adults and they will have so much time on their hands with nothing to do with it. They will probably end up as social misfits. I became very worried honestly.

Nima that hakikancewa by Hausawa that Annabi SAW zaiyi alfahari that  alummar sa tafi ta kowa yawa rannar tashi Kiyama which encourages  Hausawa  to procreate like rabbits or mice, makes me sceptical. I mean when ppl tell me that, I say well why dont we try and convert the ppl that are already in the world? If they became muslims, that will also swell the ranks of the ummah ranar Kiyama abi?

Toh wallahi ranki yadade, make i give u a scenario, do see that Kofar Dan agundi, some years back (i dont know now,i have not been to BUK road for quite sometime) there is one small rumfa (gogannaka if u might have notice) a wurin, that some boys sale petrol for cuwa cuwa (make i no judge them , bt they seems yan daba ne). I have a frnd that was from inside dan agundi, infact for the 5yrs i spend in BUK, he told us that those boys have been sittin in that rumfa (well atleast business dey.....selling petrol......amma future fa.......babu! ).
I cant just imagine those guys (what r we producin?), becus those guys i dnt think they have any islamic education balle kuma na Bature. When u talk..... some times people will say ai we don become turawa. If u can manage alot of kids, then do yourself a favour 2, 3,4 and u say Allah ya sa musu Albarka. But rather people will keep producing children without proper care. As u guys said then sai a ce annabi yace atara mishi alĂșma (u wan gather Arm Robbers, Yan Mata masu Talla..another worst way a girl can easily spoil, ya daba) and u think SAW will be happy. Hmmm not the prophet (SAW) i know.

jewel of d nile.

MC-HAMA

who start dis topic in first place and why? we hausa people have noting to dislike about our people or culture. de only thing we dislike is de culture of others we have adapt into our nice culture. we used to be one of the most peaceful people in the middle-belt of the world. before, even in the 80's its very difficult to see a hausa person who is doing 419 but with sertain people and culture mix-up these days you see our people being involved in all these acts. its a crazy world we are being forced to turn into. i think its time we shud realise wat and were we are heading to  ???  ???  ???
Da 'kyar nasha, yafi da'kyar aka kama ni...

neozizo

jewel(abdulgee22)

Quote from: neozizo on May 23, 2007, 05:57:26 PM
Hausa people have the worst food in the world!!

well i think u should have been specific.......something like MIYAR KUKA(nevr like it and will never miss it in a million years).......men......thats oen of the worst food in the collection of hausa foods, but amma when u talk something like Waina (Masa inji yan Bauchi).....thats a Very Good hausa food u can serve to Foriegn Guest.

jewel of d nile.

IBB

Kai haba Miyar kuka na dadi mana, tunba in an sa mata man-shanu da naman dan-shila ba. Have u tried miyar kuka with beans inside ko in da morning (dimamen safe)
IHS

*~MuDa~*

...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: MC-HAMA on May 23, 2007, 11:10:15 AM
who start dis topic in first place and why? we hausa people have noting to dislike about our people or culture. de only thing we dislike is de culture of others we have adapt into our nice culture. we used to be one of the most peaceful people in the middle-belt of the world. before, even in the 80's its very difficult to see a hausa person who is doing 419 but with sertain people and culture mix-up these days you see our people being involved in all these acts. its a crazy world we are being forced to turn into. i think its time we shud realise wat and were we are heading to  ???  ???  ???

MC-Hamma...where d hell did u sprung from? How can you say sumthin like that? You think we are perfect right? Weel i guess your patriotism is blindfolding you to some extent.

I got things to say also, i dislike the habbit of we hausawa of 'going to mallamai for Dubiya', wut the heck? Almost every family have women who are responsible for carrying this unlawful acts, its so prominent among us, why do we have to go and see a mallam for soothsaying? or better still to do asiri for us just to accomplish our selfish end? I know about wut am saying cause i have been seeing it and was many times a victim by close relation.[/color]
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

jewel(abdulgee22)

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on May 27, 2007, 09:35:08 AM
Quote from: MC-HAMA on May 23, 2007, 11:10:15 AM

MC-Hamma...where d hell did u sprung from? How can you say sumthin like that? You think we are perfect right? Weel i guess your patriotism is blindfolding you to some extent.

I got things to say also, i dislike the habbit of we hausawa of 'going to mallamai for Dubiya', wut the heck? Almost every family have women who are responsible for carrying this unlawful acts, its so prominent among us, why do we have to go and see a mallam for soothsaying? or better still to do asiri for us just to accomplish our selfish end? I know about wut am saying cause i have been seeing it and was many times a victim by close relation.[/color]

lol mallam muda,
well make tell u their new name....is no more mallamai...............u can go for a better name CONSULTANTS lol lol lol lol  ;D Allah i laf my ass off the 1st time i heard that name CONSULTANTS amma fa na dubu da kuma asiri.
Amma Allah in a seriuos issue that thing is destroying our people...but i think educating ppl through addini will help, the really malamai should be taking about it and its implications in islam.........may be Allah zai fahimtar da wasu. Allah ya gaira amin

jewel of d nile.

Dan-Borno

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on May 27, 2007, 09:35:08 AM

Hey, Muda and IBB, you should be careful and explanatory whenever
you are pointing accusing fingers on visiting malamai or consultants
as IBB refer to them.

In all spheres of life, you must have the dubious type and the genuine
ones.  What is wrong in visiting a Malami for a consultation?
Even the Duba you guys are talking about, there are of different
categories, its not all duba that is wrong.

Please take note.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak