News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Relationship

Started by IBB, May 31, 2007, 11:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do long distance relationship work

no never
they can it depends
is not worth it

bakangizo

Might work but depends on the commitment of the parties, and the distance. For instance inter-country/continental relationships are difficult to maintain. My friend courted a girl who's in Abuja, while he's in Katsina. They are now married. He beat a guy residing in the USA for the girl's affection, despite the fact that the USA guy was there before him. I'm sure the distance played a great part against the unfortunate "American", who only see the girl at most twice in a year.

Another important factor is the "age" of the relationship. I mean relationships that are in their formative stages are more difficult to keep when the parties move to different locations ( that is if they were initially together).

MC-HAMA

it does work. depend how you much love your in. furthermore, its like gambling.you spend alot of energy and money for something thats not in your hand.

as IBB say: once you are not intown, guyz don start knocking on her door. most chicks cant say no unless she is one in a million.
Da 'kyar nasha, yafi da'kyar aka kama ni...

HUSNAA

MC With those overflowing trousers and those moves....how could any girl agree to hook up indefinitely....? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

amira

*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

amira

Quote from: Myself on June 05, 2007, 11:06:07 PM
Quote from: amira on June 04, 2007, 10:41:15 PM
cos ur on d other side of the world while he/she is on the other so its quiet a slim chance then if your in the same country or area.  :-\

Right Amira, but what about if the other may agree to relocate.
You can build the love and trust from distance, then later one can relocate if possible.

gaskiyar ki thats also true myself. :)

Dan-Borno

Quote from: HUSNAA on June 07, 2007, 12:16:03 PM
MC With those overflowing trousers and those moves....how could any girl agree to hook up indefinitely....? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lallai ma Aunty Husnaa, you are far left behind
Dont you know that these yan matan zamani
na dis kind saurayi dey want.

Kar ki sha mamaki with those overflowing trousers
yana nan yana ba yan mata wahala, suna binshi
kamar kuda sun ga zuma.

Things have change o - seriously.

MC ci duniyarka.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

IBB

Those are killer moves. U know ladies think a good dancer is also good in ............ i will let u figure out the rest
IHS

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dan-Borno on June 07, 2007, 07:25:49 PM

kamar kuda sun ga zuma.

MC ci duniyarka.

Lol Dan Borno, I maybe a cranky old tyre, but i keep up with the times and those trousers are definitely NOT HOT anymore! (except in PAKISTAN as someone pointed out). The fashion today or a few yrs back was to have the trousers falling round yr hips (not hipsters) and be held up just, so that the leggings fall in ripples round the ankle... Whenever I see a teen dressed like that, the first thing that comes to my mind is that he'd had to make an emergency exit from some toilet and hadnt had time to adjust the trousers.... ;D ;D
The classy male casual dress that I find appealing is the just below the knees trousers (khaki preferably or some neutral color) matched with a  t shirt a pr of sandals and gucci sun glasses...hair neat or skull cropped. Now that is a cool look....

Quote from: IBBThose are killer moves.

Quite right, IBB, they'd move any relationship to an early grave... those flailing arms would knock a girl dead on the floor, and those back slides.. looks like he is practising how to reverse  a bicycle....  ;D

Dan-Borno

??? Over to you MC, both myself and IBB
have tried in convicing our Hon. Aunty that
you are a Choice for good relationship, but it
seems Aunty is not buying our idea.

So, its up to you to point out the good
qualities in you, may be she will stamp
u aright  ;D  Mukam dama bama sa irin
wannan wandon.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Lol Dan Borno!!

I love MC's avatar!! We are discussing it not HIM!! I am not sure he is a choice for a good relationship ,bcos I hardly know the guy neither do u although i dont know that............ lol his avatar is just so entertaining, only not guaranteed to send a lady's pulse soaring!!!!!!!!!! ;D (except with laughter!)

amira

Quote from: HUSNAA on June 09, 2007, 11:00:35 AM
Quote from: Dan-Borno on June 07, 2007, 07:25:49 PM

kamar kuda sun ga zuma.

MC ci duniyarka.

Lol Dan Borno, I maybe a cranky old tyre, but i keep up with the times and those trousers are definitely NOT HOT anymore! (except in PAKISTAN as someone pointed out). The fashion today or a few yrs back was to have the trousers falling round yr hips (not hipsters) and be held up just, so that the leggings fall in ripples round the ankle... Whenever I see a teen dressed like that, the first thing that comes to my mind is that he'd had to make an emergency exit from some toilet and hadnt had time to adjust the trousers.... ;D ;D
The classy male casual dress that I find appealing is the just below the knees trousers (khaki preferably or some neutral color) matched with a  t shirt a pr of sandals and gucci sun glasses...hair neat or skull cropped. Now that is a cool look....

Quote from: IBBThose are killer moves.

Quite right, IBB, they'd move any relationship to an early grave... those flailing arms would knock a girl dead on the floor, and those back slides.. looks like he is practising how to reverse  a bicycle....  ;D

wayyo allah......... ;D ;D husnaa your replies liven up the atmosphere ;D

MC-HAMA

to my experiance, distance relationships do not work.first you think tis going to,but along the line somehow things change to the other direction. b4 u know it, it will be like days you dont communicate, then weeks, months.
Da 'kyar nasha, yafi da'kyar aka kama ni...

amira

yea like how them trousers in your avatar are changing directions ;D okay back to the dicussion u've said it well.

HUSNAA

wai ina naga IBB's reference to aljanni na sallah ne? which thread was that? IBB I want to say to u that I cant believe that u didnt watch the clip. I am quite sure u did. There was nothing scary about it except that it really does look like a jinn at prayer and at the end of the clip when the side view of the carpet was shown there was what looked like the profile of a black face. All in all fascinating, but not scary come on.... who is afraid of aljannu? I certainly aint... I think........ ;D
I once slept in a room full of aljannu who stood at the foot of my bed and kept staring at me. Everytime I opened my eyes, the room would be deathly quiet it was pitch black also and there was no other refuge to go to. The moment I closed them and drifted back to sleep I see them all congregated at the foot the bed and it was as if I had been transported to a marketplace because the room became so noisy. One even placed a baby at my side. The baby gurgled for a few minutes as if in play, then it suddenly got up and jumped off the bed by stepping across me and slightly jabbing me in the ribs. That happened precisely the same moment I opened my eyes, so I felt something crossing me although I couldnt see it at the time as i had opened my eyes. So I sat up and said ayatul kursiyy again rubbed it all over and went  back to sleep. Only ofcourse I saw myself lying on the bed and then someone opened the door and came and sat down on a chair close to where I lay and just stared at me also. I opened my eyes again, felt the deathly quiet of the room and said ayatul kursiyy and tried to fall back asleep, unsuccessfully. This went on till asuba was called. Then I got up, went to the loo performed ablution came out and prayed subhi and only then was I able to get three hours sleep. To tell the truth although then I wasnt frightened at all, I was reluctant to spend another night in the same room and I knew I  would have to do that  if I didnt wrap up what I was doing in that area and leave it. Allah Ya taimake mu, muka gama abin da ya kai mu and left the place the same day, much to my relief.
  So I know that at least we are very well protected against them given that one reads ayatul kursiyy into one's hand and rubs it all over one's body as many times as poss.

IBB

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 07, 2007, 08:58:44 AM
wai ina naga IBB's reference to aljanni na sallah ne? which thread was that? IBB I want to say to u that I cant believe that u didnt watch the clip. I am quite sure u did. There was nothing scary about it except that it really does look like a jinn at prayer and at the end of the clip when the side view of the carpet was shown there was what looked like the profile of a black face.

Wow I couldnt watch it my body went dead i just closed the clip instantly. Ur story is quite scary, it happen sometime u wouldnt be scared. Where was a time our car spoiled on a road at midnight so i went to get water to put in the radiator and one Jinn stopped me from fetchin da water, i told it we want to put it in a car and it started cursing so I apologise n fetch a little
IHS