News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

SALADS

Started by kitkat, June 28, 2004, 11:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

Hey! I never thought about it like that!! Yes most definitely!  U can safely say that the word kwado can be translated as salad in english!! Now how about that???? :P  :P  :P (and we usually think of kwado as an unpalatable mixture  :shock:  )
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Asslamu alaikum!
I'm a new in this forum, so have almost nothing to say but.......................
Sannun ku da tande-tande and lashe -lashe.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Yawwa Muhsin.
Kai dai tsakanin ka da abinci kawai a dafa ka ci ko?

My Potato Salad

Ingredients:

1.Irish potatoes
2.Cabbage.
3.Green pepper
4.Onions
5.Garlic.
6.Green Peas
7.Attarugu
8.Curry,salt,vegeteable oil or soya oil

Peel the potatoes and dice them into small cubes.(
Boil the potatoes and green peas in water(add a little salt) till they become a bit tender.(don't allow them to become too soft)
Cut your cabbage like slices or however you want it.Cut the green pepper,onions,attarugu e.t.c into slices as well, or cubes.
Put some small oil like 4 or 5 tablespoons,pour everything inside i.e potato
and vegetables and fry over medium heat continously stirring.Add in the salt,curry powder and seasoning.
Fry them untill the vegetables are cooked and the potatoes become light brown.

Kai ni ban san yanda ake bada recipe ba amman dai i believe u should understand.
Ban san yadda zan ba ku gamsashhen 'how to' ba amman dai it's very sweet,easy to prepare and i prefer it to the fried potatoes.
This one looks healthier too saboda babu mai sosai a ciki.

If anyone tries it pls let me know idan yayi dadi, Anty Husnaa ???

Someone sugessted adding gizard or liver to the recipe but i haven't tried.
Enjoy
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on October 31, 2007, 09:24:17 PM
Yawwa Muhsin.
Kai dai tsakanin ka da abinci kawai a dafa ka ci ko?

My Potato Salad

Ingredients:

1.Irish potatoes
2.Cabbage.
3.Green pepper
4.Onions
5.Garlic.
6.Green Peas
7.Attarugu
8.Curry,salt,vegeteable oil or soya oil

Peel the potatoes and dice them into small cubes.(
Boil the potatoes and green peas in water(add a little salt) till they become a bit tender.(don't allow them to become too soft)
Cut your cabbage like slices or however you want it.Cut the green pepper,onions,attarugu e.t.c into slices as well, or cubes.
Put some small oil like 4 or 5 tablespoons,pour everything inside i.e potato
and vegetables and fry over medium heat continously stirring.Add in the salt,curry powder and seasoning.
Fry them untill the vegetables are cooked and the potatoes become light brown.

Kai ni ban san yanda ake bada recipe ba amman dai i believe u should understand.
Ban san yadda zan ba ku gamsashhen 'how to' ba amman dai it's very sweet,easy to prepare and i prefer it to the fried potatoes.
This one looks healthier too saboda babu mai sosai a ciki.

If anyone tries it pls let me know idan yayi dadi, Aunty Husnaa ???

Someone sugessted adding gizard or liver to the recipe but i haven't tried.
Enjoy

U know GGNK, this dish of yrs could be made even better this way:
deep fry the diced potatoes so that they are crispy and golden. Once upon a time, I read somewhere that to make crispy potatoes, make sure that u towel dry the potato pieces before frying them. Dont add salt before frying, and also, fry them until they are tender, then remove them for some 5 minutes or so and then  put them back into the oil over high heat for the remaining one min or so, because they will begin to turn golden, and crispy. Then remove them from the oil. They should also consume less oil this way.

Anyway, after deep frying the potatoes, then u can put them aside.  Then stir fry yr green peas with garlic and attarughu  and onions over very high heat with a little oil, for a few mins until they begin to become tender then add yr other raw ingredients i.e yr cabbage,  and green pepper. You can as well add a little ginger and forget the curry powder in the process. Add either soy sauce to make it a chinese dish, OR cumin to make it an arabic dish. Dont forget a sprinkling of salt and some flavoring like maggi. Then lastly add yr fried potatoes into the dish, stir for a few more seconds till the cubes are thoroughly coated with the ingredients then serve hot.

PS stir frying is done over very high heat and in a shallow pan. Preferably have  a wok. A local version of a wok is the kwanon suya da a ke soya naman sallah a cikinsa. Get the small one, not the very large ones that accommodate a whole rago!.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Quote from: HUSNAA on November 02, 2007, 06:55:11 AM
Quote from: gogannaka on October 31, 2007, 09:24:17 PM
Yawwa Muhsin.
U know GGNK, this dish of yrs could be made even better this way:
deep fry the diced potatoes so that they are crispy and golden. Once upon a time, I read somewhere that to make crispy potatoes, make sure that u towel dry the potato pieces before frying them. Dont add salt before frying, and also, fry them until they are tender, then remove them for some 5 minutes or so and then  put them back into the oil over high heat for the remaining one min or so, because they will begin to turn golden, and crispy. Then remove them from the oil. They should also consume less oil this way.

I've always wondered how to fry potatoes without them soaking oil.
Abin da ya sa bana son frying dankali kenan.
Thanks for the tip.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Mufi

GGNK and Husnaa, the only potato salad i ever did was the one using boiled potatoes, but this looks and sounds yummy too, so i will give it a try.

Husnaa, i will also use the tip u gave on how to make potatoes more crispy and less oily thanks, u know these days we all trying to eat and live healthy  ;D ;D, if u know what i mean  ;) ;)
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.