News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Hungry Waif

Started by Jibo, September 18, 2009, 09:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jibo

With tears in my eyes
With no water or ice
People all around me are not nice

I walk the streets of my town
Believing I can find water down
Hunger eating deep down me I have no pie
I wonder how I could linger and not die

I have no mother
And my father does not bother
I have no school to go further
But I can be wise with little butter

Lord, God to you I cry
For I don't have anybody that could try
To help even as I get dry
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

Dan-Borno

i demand full interpretation (sharha) of this poem, pls.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Jibo

Magana kafin ka yta itace taka, amma ayan kayi to jama'a kan fassara! Amma in GGNK ko Muhsin na kusa zasu iya baka bayani! ;D
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

Jibo

Quote from: Dan-Borno on September 19, 2009, 10:48:38 AM
i demand full interpretation (sharha) of this poem, pls.

DB, here is one of my ex-teachers wrote about the poem you demanded 'some' explanation:

A poem of desolation involving a lone desparate voice (a wife) crying out for solace and fulfilment, a graphic picture of one who is rejected and dejected (stanza 1); one who is bitterly disappointed and miserable from the life of penury and want that she has lived (stanza 2); resulting in her fear for survival; one who is in hunger, lacks paternal care, drops out of school and no longer maternal affection and care (stanza 3); one whose desperation drives her to seek divine help/solace for the badly needed survival and support as she is wasting away (stanza 4)

A carefully crafted 14-line poem with unique rhythmical pattern and rhyming scheme: aaab, bb, cc, dddd, eee

Draws deep heart-felt emotions of pity for the miserable soul and disappointment with pathetic human condition in the midst of plenty. Indirectly evokes our feelings amout man's inhumanity to man.

Lol, you can say more about it. I don't want to say this or that on the poem. I had a feeling after listening to Dan Almajiri  (yana bara a tsandauri, wa zai bashi ruwa ya sha?)SONG by Misbahu M. Ahmed and I was moved tio compose this piece. Ride on!