News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

NOTHERN NIGERIAN GIRLS AND PROSTITUTION

Started by Al-Nazeer, July 09, 2007, 11:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al-Nazeer

Iam very sorry for chosen this topic. The truth is that I wonder what is happening to our society of today. Actually I base in Abuja the FCT, but some times I feel like going out in the night to see what is happening in the town. I can still recall about a month a go I went some where arount Garki Village in Abuja at about 12:15am when some police men where about to arrest some Girls who are hanging around one of the Hotel, wating for a costomer. I saw some poilcemen arrested a lady who dress in complete nothern dress. Before you know it they have already push her inside their Patrol vehicle.She was shouting  I Qoute "Wayyo Allah na na Shiga Uku na Lalace" As I had that I decided to help her. I went the Policeman and talk to him that the Lady is with me. He answered me what is his business. I told him that Iam a secutiry personel, then he ask me to see there Boss. I went ahed and identified my self to the Police office with my ID Card as a security personel. The officer handed over the girl to me, which later I ask her what is she doing here? she come out boldly and told me that she is a prostitute.She came from Kaduna about 3 weeks a go and she has no where to go. She is staying with a friend who invited her to Abuja for the same issue. I advised her to look for another work to do but not this one, she say no this is the only way for her to survived in Abuja because she dont know anybody. I tried to convince her to try to go back to Kaduna where she come from, she say know she cannot go back and continue suffering. I say okey if to say this Police take you to the Police station what is going to happen? she say she dont know, because they have never arrested her before. I told her okey let me handed over you to the Police. she start crying and begging me, I said no problem you can go. Good night. I cross road with my friend to take a drop to our station, the next think I heard was another shouting, police have arrived again.Before I know this girl cross to our side and start begging me that she want follow me to my house. I told her no. My friend talk to me then later I agreed, we take drop to my house. As we reach house we tried to make that girl understand what she is doing is wrong. She agreed to go back to kaduna to join her parent. We gave her N3000 for transport, she tank us and left the following morning.  Suprise!            Suprise!!          Suprise!!!. Yestarday night I went inside town with my Motorcycle. I reach Garki Village I parked my Motorcycle to buy (Balangu) as I was there I saw to girls approaching the place, as a man I look up, the next thing I saw it was the same girl who gave me her name as Zainab but today she is Amina not Zainab I look her very well she was the same girl. I say no problem. What ever goes up must come down one day................................
The hard way the only way

Dan-Borno

Nazeer kenan, you have tried wallahi.  You took her to your
house, tabdi jam, thank God she didnt invite armed robbers
to your house.

Not only Abuja, these girls are everywhere doing the same
business.  Even though most of them get themselves into
this clumsy business out of frustration; divorce, early marriage,
tlauci, widows and orphans.  While some of them are ready to
leave the business if an alternative is given to them, others
have become very addicted to what they know best, and cannot
leave this 'ashawo' business, because it pays, to them.

Our society, instead of discouraging, encouraged them, especially
WE MEN.  If a lady will come out for prostitution, kai kuma
you did not prostitute her, she will eventually not get a kobo for
that day, tomorrow the same thing, next tomorrow the same,
what will be her reaction?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Dave McEwan Hill

Good sense from Dan Borno. If there are no customers there are no prostitutes.
However.........
The deeper social problem needs to be addressed. If there is no industry,no jobs, no money, no food in a land (Nigeria) awash with money (the oil revenues should be making Nigeria AND all Nigerians one of the richest societies in the world) who is anybody to pass harsh judgment on really poor girls who see rich men striding about and want some of their affluence. We only have one life. Too many people spend it in continuous misery and poverty because of the greed and corruption of others who seize the riches which should be shared in communities and keep it all for themselves.
There are other problems which are not exclusively Northern in nature but are worse in the North.
An example.......
When I was VP at my Girls College in Kano I rememebr finding twins hiding in a cupboard in my quarters. It was breaking up day and they were to be collected by their father. The begged me to hide them. They were to be married to old friends of their very rich father. They didn't want to. One of the men was over sixty years (the twins were around  15 years). I had no choice but to hand them over.
They did not return to college. I received information that later that one of them remained married. One ran off. I was shocked to meet her in the car park of a club in Kano a couple of years later doing BJ with an Arab young man.
She was a clever, beautiful and very respectful student when I had last met her. I could have wept.
But I did not rush to judge. I did not blame her. I pretended I did not see her and let her go away with her deep embarrassment as she had seen and recognised me.
She was a rich man's daughter.The poor girls from the villages have even less to encourage them to live decent lives.
When is Nigerian going to elect politicians who recognise that their purpose is not to missappropriate public funds but to drag their nation out of poverty.

MySeLf

Oh God!......Just get to read this topic and is so touching... I hope the govt will look into this issue and think of providing some kind of support for run away girls..... Some are turning to prostitution as last means to support themselves not as choice.. If the govt will provide some kind of refuge for those girls with adequate facilities I'm sure it will minimize the situation..... Allah ya kiyaye!
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

HUSNAA

Quote from: MySeLf on December 19, 2008, 01:58:57 AM
Oh God!......Just get to read this topic and is so touching... I hope the govt will look into this issue and think of providing some kind of support for run away girls..... Some are turning to prostitution as last means to support themselves not as choice.. If the govt will provide some kind of refuge for those girls with adequate facilities I'm sure it will minimize the situation..... Allah ya kiyaye!

Myself kenan!  ;D ;D ;D If only.. The govt leaves this kind of work to NGOs like WRAPA.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 19, 2008, 06:59:28 AM
Quote from: MySeLf on December 19, 2008, 01:58:57 AM

Myself kenan!  ;D ;D ;D If only.. The govt leaves this kind of work to NGOs like WRAPA.

And NAPTIP, ko?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

MySeLf

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 19, 2008, 06:59:28 AM

Toh Husnaa, woman on the frontline abun tausayi mana lol,... You know the word prostitute only applied to woman while her partner in same crime is call perfect gentle family man getting all respect in same society which is treating her miserably..
And I don't think NGOs alone will be able to help the situation, State govt should be fully responsible, make sure there is safe place for those desperate girls b4 they ending up on the street and start enjoying the business... Then other organization can come play along by providing counseling, mediation between girls and their families and some legal issues..

Just last week a watched Documentary call NIGERIAN CHILD BRIDE, which was shot in the north, kano in particular..... The programme is about children marrying early as young as 12 and the consequences of that... ending up on the street in some cases,,, they even showed 14year old girl who ran from her arranged marriage to an older man and  now a prostitute..

WELL, I HOPE SOME1 FROM THE GOVERTMENT WILL READ THIS.. DO TAKE ACTION :P ;D ;D ;D
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Dan-Borno

Haka ne kam malama myself, its not that simple when
we try shifting the burden to the government.  my new
year resove is that i will do my own part, i dont care if
the government is going to do its own part.  this is the
only solution to our social problem especially prostitution
which is increasing on daily basis.

kinga, government especially that of nigeria has so much
at hand to handle - arewa in particular, zaka ga yan'mata
ko secondary ma basu gama ba suna karuwanci, these
girls have parents, brothers, sisters, uncles but these
kindred do nothing to help her/him out of this social problem
and so the burden can not be entirely shifted to government,
mind you i dont speak for government.

the new law operating in maiduguri that okada riders should
not operate beyond 6pm has started yielding positive results,
because prostitution in maiduguri is taking a new dimension,
as most of these girls cling unto okada half naked while
continously moving within the cities for possible prey, which in
most cases ride cars, all you need to do is to pay the okada
his expenses and she is yours for the night. there is no room
for that now.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Lawwali

Kaiiiiiii, this karuwanci issue has nothing to do with government, most especially in the north. parents are not ready to take the god-given responsibility of the children theyy produced. Parents now:
1. Regard children as by-products of sex which they cannot control
2.Regard Children (girls in particular) as source of inome by giving them out for marriage to the highest bidder, it is such a deep problem that a youth want to marry a beautiful lady such that he can have as many beautiful daughters as possible (for trading offcourse) I once nearly slapped an irresponsible friend who visited me and saw my sister and commented thus "lallai kuna da kadara a gidanku". Imaging this irresponsible guy being a father to a preety girl..................what will happen?

It is not we the northerner says we dont agree with child right Act? (i also dont agree with it) that it is against our religion?
are we following our religion in running the affairs of our children? we have just forgotten the islamic provisions in the mattters to do with our children. We have forgotten that the Noble prophet (PBUH) said "ALL OF YOU ARE SHEPHERDS AND ALL WILL BE ASKED ABOUT HIS FLEET"

We leave the religion so we are in this mess.
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

gogannaka

Quote from: MySeLf on January 07, 2009, 12:39:52 AM
DBarno Bakuwi adopting Sharia law bane a Barno?
But how do u happened to have karuwai on ur street?... Hhmm Inna zaton kano dai bamu dasu no more.. KO?

Sun dai ragu alhamdulillah. Yan hisbah are really trying.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

Quote from: MySeLf on January 07, 2009, 12:39:52 AM
DBarno Bakuwi adopting Sharia law bane a Barno?
But how do u happened to have karuwai on ur street?... Hhmm Inna zaton kano dai bamu dasu no more.. KO?

dont divert my attension from the subject matter sarauniyar hausawa
a kline.  wace shara'a kuma? ai a cikin saudi arabia ma ana karuwanci
balle barno iyayen bidi'a - the truth of the matter is you cant exponge
these vices from a growing city, no matter your strictness, they still
have their own way, since their is no law which says you should come
into somebody's house or hotel room to know what he is doing, we
only have powers to control an open prostitution - irin hotel dinnan na
da - even at that, places like sabon gari you have no control over, irin
su barikin sojoji har yanzu akwai karuwa boro boro.

ok, back to the discussion, lawwali raised a very good observation with
regards to the issue of 'childs right act', however, every state has the
right to amend the CRA to suite its culture.  most of the northern states
were unable to amend the act at the state level - wannan yana nuna irin
halin dan arewa na baruwana, until something went wrong sai a fara
fatawowi.

i know that of borno state, for the past 12 months series of committees
of concerned lawyers are being inaugurated to critically look into the
CRA in a view to amending it - amma har yanzu kamar an shuka dusa.

sa'annan kuma there is one imminent problem which is the enforcement
of the CRA if at all it has been transformed into a law - except if a special
force is to be put in place to monitor, report and if required prosecute
offenders, as our present police is overloaded with illiterates.

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Remember there are no protitutes unless there are customers.
maigemu

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Am not suprised at all with this development.
When Sharia law was introduced in some states there were lots of cries, shouts and even victimisation from non-muslims and others.

The benefits of implementation of shariah law in katsina state in general and Funtua in particular are many and abound. Before the sharia there were lots of prostitues houses, hotels, etc, etc. in Funtua. Wallahi, within one year most of these dirty places where closed down- dirty karuwai vanished, you could not see any body with alcohol, etc. crime rates came down. Some hotels that run their businesses till dawn closed and their neighbours are able to have sound and peaceful sleep. Even today most of these dirty places remain closed.

Allah (SWT) is very kind to all His creatures He created us and provide for us a system that guides or govern our affairs, in all our day to day dealings and social interactions THAT IS THE SHARIAH!!!!!!. Allah (SWT) says in the holy Qur'an: "Who so judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are wrongdoers."

In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Nuruddeen

Quote from: EMTL on January 09, 2009, 05:23:05 PM
Assalamu alaikum,
Am not suprised at all with this development.
When Sharia law was introduced in some states there were lots of cries, shouts and even victimisation from on-muslims and others.

The benefits of implementation of shariah law in katsina state in general and Funtua in particular are many and abound. Before the sharia there were lots of prostitues houses, hotels, etc, etc. in Funtua. Wallahi, within one year most of these dirty places where closed down- dirty karuwai vanished, you could not see any body with alcohol, etc. crime rates came down. Some hotels that run their businesses till dawn closed and their neighbours are able to have sound and peaceful sleep. Even today most of these dirty places remain closed.

Allah (SWT) is very kind to all His creatures He created us and provide for us a system that guides or govern our affairs, in all our day to day dealings and social interactions THAT IS THE SHARIAH!!!!!!. Allah (SWT) says in the holy Qur'an: "Who so judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are wrongdoers."

Wannan Gaskiya ne Engineer to amma mutane yanzu fa karka manta cewa ba wai addini ne ma ya damesu ba. Abin kawai shi ne san rai da neman abin duniya. Allah ya kyauta kashen mu da na 'ya'yan mu.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).