News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

SUNNIS AND SHIITES CLASH IN SOKOTO

Started by Dan-Borno, July 23, 2007, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

The Nigerian Tribune
20/07/2007

VIOLENCE broke out on Thursday between members of two Islamic sects, the Sunni and Shia, in Sokoto State over the death of a Muslim preacher, Mallam Umaru Dan-Maishoye, who was shot dead late Wednesday night.

Dan-Maishoye, the Sunni preacher, was said to have been shot dead while going home on a motorbike after observing his prayers in a mosque.

The death of Dan Maishoye, described as a radical preacher, led to a clash between the two sects, leading to the beating to death of one of the three suspected gunmen.

As a result of the violent clash, a security team, comprising the police and soldiers, have been deployed in the town to avoid a breakdown of law and order.

Sokoto State police spokesman, Mohammed Umar Dakingari, confirmed the incident and said further details would be given later.
The Sultan of Sokoto, Mohammadu Sa'ad Abubakar, on Thursday appealed for calm and peace.

He urged the people "not to take the law in to their own hands," adding that the security agencies were investigating the incident. It will be recalled that there have been regular friction between Sunnis and Shia in Northern Nigeria.

In April, the killing of a militant cleric in the city of Kano led to fighting between Islamic militants and the Army.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Forumites, I am supposed to have post this
topic under the Islam board, however, due to
the importance i attached to it, i taught it may be
right for me to post it under the general board.

Imagine, at this age of educational advancement,
instead of our people to concentrate on improving
their standard of education, here we are taking
arms at each other for no reason.

Whatever the case, surely the Government is to
be blamed.  Various religious sects are on the rise
each day, and glaringly posing danger to the society
but the government; with all its instrument of
security will not come up to the challenge, until
when things are out of hand, then you will start
seeing deploying of security personnel to a war
zone.

If care is not taken, sooner or later, similar
incidence will surely happen in most parts of the
northern states.

Except Government stands on its feet, wallahi
tallahi if these type of bogus Islamic groups
will continue tomenting each other, brothers
killing brothers, sisters killing sisters and parents
killing fellow parents.

Sheikh Ja'afar (May Allah forgive all his sins)
is a victim of such incidence.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Dont blame the govt Kam Bornoye. These are cases of mindless illiterates thinking what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. They are imitating the sectarian violence that is happening in Iraq
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

amira

Kai kai kai!!!! wai wat is buggin theses mutane ne they dont use there senses, dont even know wat to say Allah dai ya shirya.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*