News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

saving/current account

Started by Bajoga, July 30, 2007, 03:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bajoga

Assalamu Alaikum!

May i pls get more information on the above topic?

I was very very comfuse, some people are saying there is something haraam in it, while some are saying not.

What was the reality?
HASBUNALLAHI............

Rais

I don't really know but some people are saying current is better than saving  .But we need more bayani shaaa ::)
Bayan Mutuwa akwai hisaby

Dan-Borno

Allow Sheikh Allamatu Fakihi Fiddini wa Hujjatul Islam
Akramakallahu Goni Bamalli to give us Fatwa on this
Current/Savings Account.

Sheikh Bismillah
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Bajoga

Sheikh didn't say anything.

Can somebody help pls??

Current/Savings Account.

Sheikh Bismillah

HASBUNALLAHI............

bamalli

Wallahi i am a student,karambani ne irin na almajirai,bai kai matsayin haka ba 'yan uwa.

Bajoga

Quote from: bamalli on August 04, 2007, 05:48:39 PM
Wallahi i am a student,karambani ne irin na almajirai,bai kai matsayin haka ba 'yan uwa.

To!!! Sheikh kaima kace haka, ya sauran almajiran kuma zasu ce?

PLS!! try to help us.
HASBUNALLAHI............

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 31, 2007, 12:50:28 PM
Current/Savings Account.

Sheikh Bismillah

Kai Dam Borno  ka faye ban dariya fa!! Ustaz Bammallin ne da wannan dogon title din? (falls off chair laughing)!!
I think  we all use some form of savings or current account ko? If one has a savings account, his savings are likely to accrue interest at sometime especially if he doesnt touch the money or if he is keeping it in those accounts whereby u are not entitled to touch for a period of time ( I think there are such accs ko?) With a current acc I dont  believe any extra cash accrues in the long run. In fact ma, one is forever paying out for some non existent services that the bank claims it carries out on behalf of the customer ( a way of cin xtra  hard earned cash din mutum). At any rate if u know what u have placed into yr savings acc, then u should know what to withdraw at the end. If the money don give birth, u can always throw away the kids with the bathtub as it is hehehe. That is refuse to collect the interest or if u have to, give it away as charity. What we should worry is not interest accruing on the principal, but what use the principal is put to. For example, money u save in a bank is like giving money for the bank to invest in something so they can make a profit. If they go and invest in gidan brewery, ofcourse even if u dont collect the interest or what ever comes after, at least ur money has been used in an illegal way. Now whether one is at fault  or not, because one did not sanction the use of one's money to be invested in a brewery, I dont know. The point is that one is aware that as these are not strictly islamic institutions there is always the likelihood of such a happening.
In so far as having an acc is concerned, there is no problem, its what use yr money is put to, that one should worry about.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Bajoga

HUSNAA!!!
Many thanks for your words of help.

Allah ya ganar damu gaskiya da kuma ikon aiki da ita, amin.
HASBUNALLAHI............

bamalli

Ala kulli hal i will post something relevant to your Question.

Bajoga

Quote from: bamalli on August 12, 2007, 08:19:32 PM
Ala kulli hal i will post something relevant to your Question.

Have you posted or when?

If posted, pls what the ''Topic".
HASBUNALLAHI............

ummita

So long.....u r surplus free from (Rubah, Usury, Interest).....as refered, then theres nothing wrong wit u in havin a savers account. Hwever, under Islamic principles it forbids u 2 deposit ur savings in accounts that r coupled with interest. Same goes 4 some credit cards, if u r a user of such. And if out of necessity u cnt find an interest free bank, just talk them out of it just like I did....."under no circumstances should the add up interest in2 ur savings" or better yet......Islamic bankin is available.......simple! And if its in ur wish 2 read more, dig bck 2 some old threads here...there was something about banking where some people around provided in-depth clarity on savings & interest.
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!