News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Nigeria in good hands............

Started by mlbash, September 10, 2007, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlbash

A little after celebrating his 100 days in office, President Yar'adua has begin recording success by winning the undre 17 world cup, the like Mr Otta couldn't deliver in 8 solid years! this makes me wonder if afterall Nigeria was not in good hands all those years! :'(
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

bakangizo

Doesn't take lack of success in football to tell you we weren't in good hands during Ubanshegu's reign. That said, winning a football trophy does not predict a bright future in the life of a nation, either. ;)

ajingi

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on September 11, 2007, 08:46:11 AM
Doesn't take lack of success in football to tell you we weren't in good hands during Ubanshegu's reign. That said, winning a football trophy does not predict a bright future in the life of a nation, either. ;)

But Why? Bakan Gizo!!, it's an achievement .........................
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

bakangizo

Its an achievement quite okay. But how does that translate to good governance. Or how did a football trophy mean Nigeria would prosper economically, socially etc?

Dan-Borno

I have never been a foot ball fan (sorry).  However,
what I understand from Bash's statement is that, its
normal with us human beings.  A typical example is
of a newly born baby boy, and immediately after his
birth, the father bought a car, built a house and is
preparing for the years pilgrimage.  We say, yaron
yazo da arziki.  So also with the football success, we
deem its a sign that this government is a government
with achievement.

We only relate the unrelated to support a good govt.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

Tha'ts the issue, isn't it? Camfi. Superstition. I'm not the camfi type, and I refuse to make the connection btw a football trophy and economic progress. We won the first U-17 during Buhari in 1985. Was it a good omen for the govt? I don't think so, cos the govt was overthrown shortly afterward.

Bajoga

You are right BGZ.

But mu cigaba da rokon Allah ya tabbatar/zaba mana abinda yafi alkairi a koda yaushe, i think that was the only way.
HASBUNALLAHI............