News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

JAPAN GIVES N289M FOR WATER PROJECTS IN YOBE STATE

Started by Dan-Borno, October 18, 2007, 03:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

Japan gives N289m for water projects in Yobe
By Oluwole Josiah, Abuja
Published: Thursday, 18 Oct 2007

Japan has reached an agreement with the Federal Government of Nigeria to fund water projects worth $2.3 million in Yobe State .

A statement from the Embassy of Japan on Wednesday, said the Exchange of Notes for the project would be signed on Thursday (today) by the Japanese Ambassador, Akio Tanaka and the Minister of Agriculture and Water Resources, Dr. Sayyadi Abba Ruma.

It said Japan would provide a complete set of borehole rigs with hoist-mounted vehicle, water resource research equipment, and borehole materials for the State.

The statement further said, "The water supply in Yobe State will be improved by the creation of 89 water boreholes with hand pumps in various villages in the State. At the same time, capacity-development programme for the appropriate management and maintenance of boreholes will be delivered."

_______________________________________________________-

We pray this will bring a lasting solution to the problem of shortage
of portable drinking water in Yobe State.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak