News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

'YAR' ADUA- A YORUBA POLITICAL ARMAGEDDON

Started by Nuruddeen, November 02, 2007, 11:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuruddeen

I think Nigeria is heading into another political regicide. This man 'Yar' adua I think is not the best thing that happened to Nigeria. I said it times without number that he is just the best pack out of all packs we have on ground but he is never the BEST thing that Nigeria could get. The fact that he is yet to battle with his moral conscience and crisis of illegitimacy, pple are asking and lobbying for benefits of doubts. But the issue is, this man from the look of things cannot do any good to Nigeria. He does not even have the personal temerity to come out and do things on his own. If you observe him closely, he simply doesnt have an independent mind. All his actions and inactions are tele-guided by Obasanjo and co.

What informed his decision to build a mega city in Lagos, I cannot understand. I wonder why he is trying to embark on a gigantic project in Lagos when other cities too are qualified for it. The Federal Executive Council have already lured him into forwarding a draft bill to the National assembly i.e to that effect. The Oceanic Bank MD made an offer to give a whopping sum of N128 billion for the project. Contained therein the bill is funding proposal strategy that are rationalised thus: 45-40-15. That is, Federal govt will give 45% funding, Lagos-40% and Ogun state 15% as outlined and arranged by Yorubas. The question is: Is Lagos the only qualified city that deserve to be mega in outlook? What of cities such as Kano and Kaduna? Is Yar adua trying to appease the Yorubas bcos they have given him a stolen mandate or what? If Yar adua let this happen, then he has proved to the Northerners that he is nothing  but a yoruba political surrogate and armageddon. Think. Think. Think
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Lawwali

Although many read this topic authored by Nuraddeen, Nobody finds it worthy of contribution or comment. This i guessed may not be un connected with non objectivity and tribalistic approach that the author chose to follow in concotting his argument. I neither support nor like 'yar aduwa's government for the corruption intrinsic to his becoming the president. Lagos mega city project that Nura advocated to be abandoned is not a bad idea to executed by the federal government.
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

gogannaka

The Lagos mega city was initiated by the Obasanjo administration.All consultancy work was done during his tenure.
There's going to be 3 mega cities of such kind namely,Lagos,Port-Harcourt and Kano.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

@Nuruddeen,

I think it's a bit too soon to start such judgement upon that man why because this project, for example, as said Gogannaka is not only planned for Lagos rather other two states like Kano and Port-Harcourt. Thus if this is so there is nothing if sees it fit and right to start it from there, isn't it?

Moreover, as we are always saying; one of the major problems of Nigerian politician when they win election, they never do continue neither maitaining the owrk of the outgoing government. Hence if Yar'Adua wanna accomplish these and decided to do these project but start with Lagos this is a new development to Nigerian system of government.

@Lawwali,

That's just a conjecture because I, for instance, hadn't read it but today. And, I also guessed, some people also might not have read it before.

@Gogannaka

I never heard of this but I quite agree because the story came to me with sheer surprise why only Lagos? Why not also some other 'big' states like Kano, Port-Harcourt and probably Enugu and Kaduna.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Lawwali on November 13, 2007, 07:20:14 PM
Although many read this topic authored by Nuraddeen, Nobody finds it worthy of contribution or comment. This i guessed may not be un connected with non objectivity and tribalistic approach that the author chose to follow in concotting his argument. I neither support nor like 'yar aduwa's government for the corruption intrinsic to his becoming the president. Lagos mega city project that Nura advocated to be abandoned is not a bad idea to executed by the federal government.

I Think the first point of correction to Lawwali is: It is not obligatory for one to make comments on any topic that is pasted on Konline. Some topics that  appear interesting to  one  may not be of interest or any significance to another. Ironically, if Lawwali is not interested, he would not have commented, hence disuss it we shall. Right? Again, whenever it comes to matters of regional importance, its good for oneto give a rational approach at least for clarity and easy understanding of th matter at issue. I am not being trabalistic, neither am I concocting stories to suite an interest. What one wants to pin point here is, Obasanjo being a Yoruba, has built a N10 billion Naira hydro thermal in Ogun State(his own home town) when he was barely three years in office as President. And by comparison, he has never cared to build a project that is worth N5 billion in the North i.e federal project since he became president. He retired all the  service chiefs from the military who majority are Northerners. He gave his people strategic and key positions in government at the detriment of Arewa. He painstakingly removed most of our people from the Nigerian political scheme of things. It is good for me to be specific here. Remember when OBJ forcefully retired some officers including Victor Malu who angrily left the military scene unceremoniously?Perhaps, Lawwali has not widely read and its doubful whether he is vast or matured enough to engage in topical issues that has to do with Nigeria. But all the same  Lawwali should know that in Nigeria of today, ethnicity, tribalism and identity struggle are mostly prerequisite to winning political battle. If Lawwali is aware of this, then he should know that Yar adua has goofed by championing Obasanjo's agenda at this junture. He has played to the gallery just to be loved by Southerners as a "liberal" democrat- so called. Now for Lawwali, it is good to remember the Hausa adage that says: "Da arziki a gidan wasu gara a gidan ku"

As per concocting  story, I refer you to "The Bussiness World Newspaper of November 2007 edition. There are two pages written therein on Lagos mega city. I may reproduce it here for the record.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

IBB

Quote from: Nuruddeen on November 15, 2007, 01:42:44 PM
Perhaps, Lawwali has not widely read and its doubful whether he is vast or matured enough to engage in topical issues that has to do with Nigeria. But all the same you Lawwali should know that in Nigeria of today, ethnicity, tribalism and identity struggle are sometimes prerequisite to winning politicalbattle. If Lawwali is aware of this, then he .......

As per concocting a story, I refer you to "The Bussiness World Newspaper of October 2007 edition. There are two pages written therein on Lagos mega city. I may reproduce it here for the record.

Aa me yai zafi? Cool down noww Oga Nura. Lawalli is only voicing his opinion not everyone here agrees with you too but thats your opinion. ko ba haka ba?
IHS

Nuruddeen

Quote from: IBB on November 15, 2007, 02:58:49 PM
Quote from: Nuruddeen on November 15, 2007, 01:42:44 PM
Perhaps, Lawwali has not widely read and its doubful whether he is vast or matured enough to engage in topical issues that has to do with Nigeria. But all the same you Lawwali should know that in Nigeria of today, ethnicity, tribalism and identity struggle are sometimes prerequisite to winning politicalbattle. If Lawwali is aware of this, then he .......

As per concocting a story, I refer you to "The Bussiness World Newspaper of October 2007 edition. There are two pages written therein on Lagos mega city. I may reproduce it here for the record.

Aa me yai zafi? Cool down noww Oga Nura. Lawalli is only voicing his opinion not everyone here agrees with you too but thats your opinion. ko ba haka ba?

You see IBB, I am not stopping Lawwali for saying and/or voicing out his mind. What I am saying is, some pple make empty assertions without concrete facts on ground. People are sometimes overzealous in adressing issues that they are not well informed about. I think for Lawwali to call one a tribal fellow, he needs to understand the political saumaersaults and acrobatics that the Northerners suffer today in the political arena of Nigeria.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: gogannaka on November 14, 2007, 05:30:37 PM
The Lagos mega city was initiated by the Obasanjo administration.All consultancy work was done during his tenure.
There's going to be 3 mega cities of such kind namely,Lagos,Port-Harcourt and Kano.

I think you are dead wrong  bros. The mega-city that u are talking about is beyond even  distribution of eletric circuits in parallel or series. It is good to appreciate the fact that the concept of mega-city is beyond the banal and quibling statement and overt pronouncement of liberalists or the so called pragmatists interest in turning Nigeria or rather Lagos a new leaf. The mega city is beyond an ordinary project of electrifying Nigeria at equal phase. When we say maga-city, we are talking of building cities such as Buenos Aeris  in Argentina, Bankok in Thailand and Bombay in India where a lot of money is required. It is sad your people the Northerners such as Yar adua and co do not have the interest of your people at heart. Presently, a female Bank Manager from South has offered to give Lagos mega city project a large sum of moneyif Yar adua agrees to fund it by 45%. Instaed of Yar adua to turn the tale the way OBJ did turned it in Ogun and built a project of N10 billion Naira in his home town, he's just turned into a praise singer. Well, in any case what we are saying is it is not easy or Yar adua not even Obasanjo to deceive us by saying that they will build 3 mega cities in Nigeria. If OBj wants to start with Lagos, why can't Yar adua start with Kano, which is more than Lagos in terms of population and landmass? We now know that this man Yar adua is doing nothing but OBJ's work. To me, he doesn't even have the political wherewithal and leadership acumen to convince us  that we he will built mega city for Arewa. Its this kind of mentality that is inheently built in all these Northern crop of personalitie such s Yar adua Babu ki shi kawai sabda an bashi stolen mandate. The election will soon be cancelled the way Murtala Nyako's election was cancelled today God willing. My friend, observe Yar adua at a close distance, and my question to u is: Has he  an idependent mind?

Dan-Borno

Kudos to Lawalli for resurrecting an almost dead thread
by inflicting serious injury to its author.  While I very much
agree that everyone has his own freedom to opinion, we
shouldnt forget the true meaning behind this forum (sharing
ideas, and in most cases communicating with each other)
It is not necessary that I must concure with your submission,
however, while criticising your opinion I should come up
with a meaningful one.  In this case, Nuruddeen, as an author
to this thread, you must accept whatever reply any member
wishes express, while all members are implored to embrace
the true spirit of Islamic brotherhood.  (Read Algazali's book).

Aha, back to the thread, Nuruddeen, i dont know why you so
much never have confidence in our servant-leader President
Yar'adua.  I disagree whenever you point an accusing finger
at servant-leader of conniving with obasanjo, while you draw
instances of his being an obasanjo's pet dog, why dont you
also come up with those positive images in defiance to Oba's
orders.  He recently inaugurated a high powered committee to
to review government waivers as approved by the Oba's govt.
He also recently revoked some major plots of land as approved
by Oba to his cronnies in politics.  During the Ete saga, the then
President asked servant-leader to save her using his executive
machinaries which he vehemently declined.  There are so many
instances where servant-leader disagree with Oba and PDP, as
he always reiterate, that he never planned to be the
president of Nigeria, it is God's will and he will try as much as
he can to lead this country to a greater heights.

To me the proposed Mega City of Lagos is a wellcome development
so long that Lagos is also part of Nigeria.  Every single state
represents the whole of this country.  You can not compare
Lagos with Yobe or Borno on a fair ground, ko ba haka ba.
For long Lagos has been a commercial centre just as Kano has
always been.  Let me also bring to your attention that the whole
idea of Megacity was born by Lagos State indigenes themselves
before even the Federal Govt will chip in.  There are so many areas
where Lagos as a State has gone too far above other states in
Nigeria, and this will not be unconnected to their patriotism and
commitment to their motherland.

Lagos doesnt belong to the Agberos alone, as so many notherners
have beniffited immensely through Lagos, up to today, notherners
manned so many activities in Lagos.  So, i think if Lagos State is
turned to Megacity, we will all benefit from it, while we all have
the ample time to vigorously pursue same project to Kano, Kaduna
and elsewhere if we so wish.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

And the fact that Lagos is undoubtedly the Nation's Economic center and the highest,non-oil contributor to the Nation's coffers, it no doubt deserves the mega city project.

Nura should check thisday newspaper archive of the first week of October.They reported that some local and international banks in conjunction with the govt have finalized plans to build the Kano economic city which would be similar to economic cities like the Dubai economic city.The project will cost $1billion and will be completed in 2 years.It is believed that President Yar'adua will lay the foundation on the 6th of December when he comes to commission some projects in Kano state.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Dan-Borno on November 15, 2007, 07:33:29 PM

[color=blue]I think there is need to bring to your attention that I am not stopping anybody nor was I against opinion(s), prejudice(s) and/or wishful thinking. What I am trying to point out is that if Yar adua is supporting the Lagosians to build mega city why cant he support his Northern brothers, sisters and grandparents in places like Kano? Does that mean he doesnt have the interest of his people at heart?

With regards to Yar adua being a servant leader, I beg to disagree with you. I think the qualities of being a servant leader is: honesty, patriotism, tranparency, respect for the rule of law, accountability, open mindedness, and adalar, which Yar adua is lacking. You want to have us believe that he reversed some of Obasanjo's decisions immeadiately he came to office, forgetting the fact that in politics there are tactics and maneuverability in power play. For instance, has kabiru Gaya not reversed the payment of hospital cards in Kano? But what happen afterwards? I think the end results are deception, and deceit by camouflaging under in sha Allahu zamu yi muku kaza da kaza. Let me quickly paint you a scenario on who yar adua that you passionately refer to as "people servant".

Recently he presented a budget of N2.5 trillion for the 2008 to the National Assembly. While presenting his budget, the man in his usual calm but dreary manner said the budget targets on 11% rise in GDP and inflation rate of 8.5 % He projected the revenue earnings of N4.539 trillion. Exchange rate of 117 to US $1.0 even when the country's oil per barrel is expected to be lower than expected!

The breakdown of Yar'adua's brand style of budget continued thus: N444.6 billion representing 20% of the total budget of the country for security and Niger Delta as against 6.5% from the Obasanjo's 2007 allocation. Education got N210 billion, which is just 13% of the total MDG spending. N139.78 billion goes to energy sector excluding National Integrated Power projects.

From his own budget, Yar'adua allocated a paltry sum of 7% of the total budget or    N 121.1 billion for agriculture and water resources.

However, one thing has to be clear. Nigerians are not fools. We have been deceived by figures and numbers times without number. Obj did the same thing when he shamelessly commercialized Nigeria into his chattel property. Though OBj's atrocities were not as sinful as Yar'aduas. Obj even when he was presiding over Nigeria with his south-south and south-west brothers in mind, he never increased their federal allocation beyond 6.5 per cent as I asserted earlier. But from what we were able to understand of Yar'adua's budget, the people of Niger Delta are even more important than educating his countrymen and women, because the money he budgeted for them is by far more than that of education sector. To him, the people of Niger Delta security and livelihood should be more than that of Nigerians whom 75% are in abject poverty.

The same man just to appease the Yoruba's is now going to build a mega city for them in Lagos state; leaving Northern Nigeria in between some chain of broken dreams. He prefers to build mega city for Lagosians than for his Northern brothers in Kano, Katsina or Kaduna.  He has forgotten that the first thing Obasanjo did when he came to office was to build a N10 billion hydro-thermal project in his own State, Ogun. OBj overtly built that gigantic project for his sisters, brothers, parents and grand parents. Yar adua has simply forgotten the Hausa adage that says "Da arziki a gidan wasu gara a gidan ku".

I think what we need in this country is a just leader that can do justice and give equal opportunity to our people. A leader that will allow justice to reign for every region without foul play. My very good friend and senior colleague, Sam Nda Isaiah once said what Nigeria needs is a leader that understands the denotative and connotative meaning of democracy. What we really need is a leader who must understand that the only basis for democracy is doing justice to the people. So far, the democracy we have in this Yar adua is not a government of the people, for the people and by the people. What we have is more like a government of Yar'adua and his Yoruba allies; championing the Afenifere agenda. Because his masters (OBJ and co) have given him a stolen mandate, he thought can bushwhack us the way he likes.

In deed,  what we need is a president that has a sense of justice.
My good friend always reminds me of a popular aphorism that a nation can survive on disbelief but no nation has ever survived on injustice. That saying according to him still holds true even if it sometimes sounds blasphemous.

So brother what Yar adua did to u guys is political gimmick and obscurantist starategy to lead u blind.  But left to me, he does not even have the personal temerity to preside over Nigeria. Have you seen an instance where a thief presided over good citizenry? Think! Think! Think!
[/color]

Lawwali

Quote from: Nuruddeen on November 16, 2007, 09:56:36 AM
Quote from: Dan-Borno on November 15, 2007, 07:33:29 PM

[color=blue]I think there is need to bring to your attention that I am not stopping anybody nor was I against opinion(s), prejudice(s) and/or wishful thinking. What I am trying to point out is that if Yar adua is supporting the Lagosians to build mega city why cant he support his Northern brothers, sisters and grandparents in places like Kano? Does that mean he doesnt have the interest of his people at heart?

With regards to Yar adua being a servant leader, I beg to disagree with you. I think the qualities of being a servant leader is: honesty, patriotism, tranparency, respect for the rule of law, accountability, open mindedness, and adalar, which Yar adua is lacking. You want to have us believe that he reversed some of Obasanjo's decisions immeadiately he came to office, forgetting the fact that in politics there are tactics and maneuverability in power play. For instance, has kabiru Gaya not reversed the payment of hospital cards in Kano? But what happen afterwards? I think the end results are deception, and deceit by camouflaging under in sha Allahu zamu yi muku kaza da kaza. Let me quickly paint you a scenario on who yar adua that you passionately refer to as "people servant".

Recently he presented a budget of N2.5 trillion for the 2008 to the National Assembly. While presenting his budget, the man in his usual calm but dreary manner said the budget targets on 11% rise in GDP and inflation rate of 8.5 % He projected the revenue earnings of N4.539 trillion. Exchange rate of 117 to US $1.0 even when the country's oil per barrel is expected to be lower than expected!

The breakdown of Yar'adua's brand style of budget continued thus: N444.6 billion representing 20% of the total budget of the country for security and Niger Delta as against 6.5% from the Obasanjo's 2007 allocation. Education got N210 billion, which is just 13% of the total MDG spending. N139.78 billion goes to energy sector excluding National Integrated Power projects.

From his own budget, Yar'adua allocated a paltry sum of 7% of the total budget or    N 121.1 billion for agriculture and water resources.

However, one thing has to be clear. Nigerians are not fools. We have been deceived by figures and numbers times without number. Obj did the same thing when he shamelessly commercialized Nigeria into his chattel property. Though OBj's atrocities were not as sinful as Yar'aduas. Obj even when he was presiding over Nigeria with his south-south and south-west brothers in mind, he never increased their federal allocation beyond 6.5 per cent as I asserted earlier. But from what we were able to understand of Yar'adua's budget, the people of Niger Delta are even more important than educating his countrymen and women, because the money he budgeted for them is by far more than that of education sector. To him, the people of Niger Delta security and livelihood should be more than that of Nigerians whom 75% are in abject poverty.

The same man just to appease the Yoruba's is now going to build a mega city for them in Lagos state; leaving Northern Nigeria in between some chain of broken dreams. He prefers to build mega city for Lagosians than for his Northern brothers in Kano, Katsina or Kaduna.  He has forgotten that the first thing Obasanjo did when he came to office was to build a N10 billion hydro-thermal project in his own State, Ogun. OBj overtly built that gigantic project for his sisters, brothers, parents and grand parents. Yar adua has simply forgotten the Hausa adage that says "Da arziki a gidan wasu gara a gidan ku".

I think what we need in this country is a just leader that can do justice and give equal opportunity to our people. A leader that will allow justice to reign for every region without foul play. My very good friend and senior colleague, Sam Nda Isaiah once said what Nigeria needs is a leader that understands the denotative and connotative meaning of democracy. What we really need is a leader who must understand that the only basis for democracy is doing justice to the people. So far, the democracy we have in this Yar adua is not a government of the people, for the people and by the people. What we have is more like a government of Yar'adua and his Yoruba allies; championing the Afenifere agenda. Because his masters (OBJ and co) have given him a stolen mandate, he thought can bushwhack us the way he likes.

In deed,  what we need is a president that has a sense of justice.
My good friend always reminds me of a popular aphorism that a nation can survive on disbelief but no nation has ever survived on injustice. That saying according to him still holds true even if it sometimes sounds blasphemous.

So brother what Yar adua did to u guys is political gimmick and obscurantist starategy to lead u blind.  But left to me, he does not even have the personal temerity to preside over Nigeria. Have you seen an instance where a thief presided over good citizenry? Think! Think! Think!
[/color]

It can be understood here who between i and Nuraddeen know less on this mega city issue. I well appears that Nuraddeen has a political score to settle with yar aduwa. if not why cant he concur with the fact that yar aduwa has really an independant mind of his own? reiterating that yar aduwa is unjust and that he allocated 20% of the Budget to Niger delta and security. Is this an injustice? after all, the the proposal is steel with the National assembly to approved. It further appears that Nuraddeen is a conspiracy theorist (ALLAH ya kiyaye) who sees defiance of yar aduwa to save Etteh as still a ''political gimmick'' being played by yar aduwa to woo Northerners in favour of the south. What insisting on is let's not be in the band wagon of destroying nigeria but saving Her from it's predicaments.
And does Nuraddeen wants yar aduwa to start mega city in the North without the support of the Arewas? Can Kano state government agree to the funding method as it is? or could katsina or Jigawa play the Ogun state role in the event of mega city in kano or vice versa? These are the question i want us to consider not just branding the little Baby delinquent
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

Dan-Borno

Wow - what an interesting reply from both
Nura and Lawal, i both commend you for
exhibiting maturity, while the discourse
still carries on until a conclusion is reached.

While arguing the integrity of Mr. President,
you went far ahead and concluded that Yar'adua
lacks honesty, patriotism, tranparency,
respect for the rule of law, accountability,
open mindedness, and adalar which I found
very disturbing and request an apology
from you, for Yar'adua is my leader.  ;D

Let us glance a little bit about Yar'adua's life
before now, may be we can judge from his
previous record:-

Umaru Yar' Adua's working career began at the Holy Child College, Lagos for the mandatory one year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) between 1975 and 1976. He was a Lecturer at the Katsina College of Arts, Science and Technology, Zaria between 1976 and 1979. He moved to Katsina Polytechnic, also as a Lecturer in 1979 and was there until 1983 when he left the public service.

Yar' Adua's movement to the private sector started at Sambo Farms Ltd in Funtua, Katsina State as its pioneer General Manager between 1983-1989. He served as a Board Member, Katsina State Farmers' Supply Company between 1984-1985, Member Governing Council of both Katsina College of Arts, Science and Technology Zaria and Katsina Polytechnic between 1978-1983, Board Chairman of Katsina State Investment and Property Development Company (KIPDECO) between 1994-1996.

Umaru Yar' Adua served as a Director of many companies, including Habib Nigeria Bank Ltd. 1995-1999; Lodigiani Nigeria Ltd. 1987-1999, Hamada Holdings, 1983-1999; and Madara Ltd. Vom, Jos, 1987-1999. He was Chairman, Nation House Press Ltd, Kaduna between 1995-1999.

Yar' Adua is best remembered as the first Governor to publicly declare his assets and has promised to do same again at the end of his tenure. 

Umaru Yar' Adua won the National Primary Education Productivity Merit Award in 2004

Won the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Best Governor Award under the Agricultural Credit Guarantee Scheme (ACGS) in 2005.

Yar' Adua primary health care delivery system and primary education policies have become models with compelling national appeal.

He was honoured with many other awards for prudence and accountability, among which are NUJ Abuja Council (2003); NUJ Kaduna Council (2005) and Leadership Watch (2004).

To me, the above record while not the President of
Nigeria is enough to prove someone as a truly
servant-leader without those qualities you tried to
gum unto him.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Nuruddeen

[

It can be understood here who between i and Nuraddeen know less on this mega city issue. I well appears that Nuraddeen has a political score to settle with yar aduwa.

Lawwali, I think you have missed the point here. You see, politics is a game of number and it goes hand in hand with leverage. And if at all you believe that it is a game like football, then you should understand that it has its own rules which must be obeyed. Politically speaking I have an interest to protect. I dont really see myself settling score with Yar adua. What I see myself is fighting injustice and the injury inflicted in us during the just concluded election. I doubt very much if  Yar adua is a honest man. If at all he is, as some of the wishful thinkers here want to have us believe, he could not have presided over a government that was installed based on sheer fraud, deceit, deception and treachery. I think some of us here failed to understand the moral implication of getting away with stolen mandate. Don't u think Yar adua is now battling with moral dilemma? You deliberately dodged my question i.e : Have you ever seen an instance where a thief presided over good samaritans and patriotic citizens. I think what u are trying to say is not iffrent from a typical case of Peter and Paul; where Peter was robbed and the money was used in paying Paul.

I am deliberately dragging this debate and at the end of it all, I will show u how u goofed by mischievously protecting and giving cover to someone who lacks moral conscience.
if not why cant he concur with the fact that yar aduwa has really an independant mind of his own?

Brother, take it or leave it Yar adua is doing OBJs work. My question to you here is: Have u seen an instance where a lackey disobeyed his master?????? Lafs!!!
conspiracy theorist (ALLAH ya kiyaye) who sees defiance of yar aduwa to save Etteh as still a ''political gimmick'' being played by yar aduwa to woo Northerners in favour of the south.

Well, conspiracy is a relative term Lawwali. It depends on how u view it but I believe I am entitled to my own opinions the way some pple thought u have. Some even selfishly asserted that I was trying to protect u from baring ur mind. God forbid! An attitude that I have never exhibited since I joind Konline 3 yrs ago. What a balderdash!With regards to political "gimmickism" of a thng, it is good for u to understand simpl political arithmetic that Yar adua's silence and /or intervention has nothing and cannot, I reitarate and recapitulate, CANNOT do anything for d Etteh saga. It would even compound his problem as a banana republic politician. In fact,  It was better 4 him that he assumed the position of a "silent Cal". Had it been he talked, he would have  even lost my consideration 4 him as a fellow human being. I will not engage u in issues of political interest because u are yet to acquire the rudimentary aspect of the Marxist 1st commandment. Unless u do and understand, then discuss it we shall. Hope d best lad!
What insisting on is let's not be in the band wagon of destroying nigeria but saving Her from it's predicaments.

And does Nuraddeen wants yar aduwa to start mega city in the North without the support of the Arewas? Can Kano state government agree to the funding method as it is? or could katsina or Jigawa play the Ogun state role in the event of mega city in kano or vice versa? These are the question i want us to consider not just branding the little Baby delinquent[/color].
[/quote]

In all your taciturnity on Yar adua, I think the above statement made by u has summarily come to the end of my engagement with u. I will subsequently engage other pseudo-intellectuals as I move on. I am particularly happy and grateful that u now know that Arewa pple as asserted by u have no support 4 themselves and d region they come from( And I suppose Yar adua is inclusive Lawwali?) Perhaps, rashin kishin ne yasa ya kasa fitowa ya yi magana da yan arewa akan wannan harka ta mega city. Iam happy that u realised that your pple, yan arewa(Yar adua inclusive) basu da "support for arewa. Ma sha Allah Lawwali. Lol!!!

Nuruddeen

While arguing the integrity of Mr. President,
you went far ahead and concluded that Yar'adua
lacks honesty, patriotism, tranparency,
respect for the rule of law, accountability,
open mindedness, and adalar which I found
very disturbing and request an apology
from you, for Yar'adua is my leader.  ;D

I offer apology to no one  Dan Barno. And I doubt much if I can apologise for praise singing and harangueing hopelessness. I only apologise to words that I have regret for. But I think whenever it comes to matters of regional importance, I dont compromise bro. lafs!
Let us glance a little bit about Yar'adua's life
before now, may be we can judge from his
previous record:-

Some pple are good at ferry tales. One can decide to tell u his biography by producing pages. These are personal things that every Tom, Dick and Harry such as u and I have. Havent you achieved something in ur life. Havent u gone to School my brother. Were u not given awrds during ur school days. Don't tell me that u were an OLODO during ur hey days. Come-on Bros personal profile is not what we are after here but facts, substance and reasons that have to do with good moral conscience.

Umaru Yar' Adua's working career began at the Holy Child College, Lagos for the mandatory one year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) between 1975 and 1976. He was a Lecturer at the Katsina College of Arts, Science and Technology, Zaria between 1976 and 1979. He moved to Katsina Polytechnic, also as a Lecturer in 1979 and was there until 1983 when he left the public service.

Yar' Adua's movement to the private sector started at Sambo Farms Ltd in Funtua, Katsina State as its pioneer General Manager between 1983-1989. He served as a Board Member, Katsina State Farmers' Supply Company between 1984-1985, Member Governing Council of both Katsina College of Arts, Science and Technology Zaria and Katsina Polytechnic between 1978-1983, Board Chairman of Katsina State Investment and Property Development Company (KIPDECO) between 1994-1996.

Umaru Yar' Adua served as a Director of many companies, including Habib Nigeria Bank Ltd. 1995-1999; Lodigiani Nigeria Ltd. 1987-1999, Hamada Holdings, 1983-1999; and Madara Ltd. Vom, Jos, 1987-1999. He was Chairman, Nation House Press Ltd, Kaduna between 1995-1999.

Yar' Adua is best remembered as the first Governor to publicly declare his assets and has promised to do same again at the end of his tenure. 

Umaru Yar' Adua won the National Primary Education Productivity Merit Award in 2004

Won the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Best Governor Award under the Agricultural Credit Guarantee Scheme (ACGS) in 2005.

Yar' Adua primary health care delivery system and primary education policies have become models with compelling national appeal.

He was honoured with many other awards for prudence and accountability, among which are NUJ Abuja Council (2003); NUJ Kaduna Council (2005) and Leadership Watch (2004).

To me, the above record while not the President of
Nigeria is enough to prove someone as a truly
servant-leader without those qualities you tried to
gum unto him.

False brother! What u consider as success might not be success to another. Achievement is a relative term. What constitutes an achievement to u might not be an achievement to me. So personal profile, awards and positions are not real measures of one's human objectivity, integrity, quality and dignity as a leader. And considering his background, he could have used influence and wealth to attain all those things u said. Have u forgotten that we are in Nija?
[/quote]

Below is a letter that I sent to BBC World have-your-say programme on 4th May 2007. It was published on their website a day after I sent it and deliberations were effected in UK  on Yar adua's election. I brought it forward at least for ur record.

Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 11:19:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: "jibo nura" <jibonura@yahoo.com>  Add to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert 
Subject: Rethinking Democracy and Elections in Nigeria
To: worldhaveyoursay@bbc.co.uk, haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk

Dear BBC Desk,

I write to propose a topic for global view and discussion on the recently concluded "election" in Nigeria titled" Rethinking Democracy and Elections in Nigeria". I chose the topic because it is of national importance to our country, particularly at this material time when there are bundles of complaints and lamentations from several quarters across the country on the manner and ways the 2007 elections were conducted. Majority of Nigerians and the world over have attested  that the election process was full of fraud and malpractices. I was also a witness to the fact that there was nothing like free and fair election throughout. People went away with  stolen mandates and nobody can question the illegitimacy of the electoral malpractices and ineptitudes because the contestants, especially those from the ruling party PDP,  used force to deal with opposition willy nilly.
Below are the foreign observers' view on what they saw:
1. European Union-"Any administration founded on this fraud cannot have legitimacy".
2. White House's National Security Spokesman, Mr. Gordon- " We are deeply troubled by what we saw in Nigeria over the weekend".
And then the national view:
3. The Nigerian Bar Association(NBA)- " The NBA notes with concern that inasmuch as it appreciates the problems inherent in conducting elections, there does not seem to be any meaningful sign of improvement in the standards of preparation from one election to the other. The situation in 1999 was much better than that of 2003 and that of 2007 is worse than 2003".

These are some of the views that I want to share with those interested in discussing the matter.
I would like to ask wether the International Community  such as EU and White House can still recognise this government based on what they said above. You can call me on this number +2348063234772 if you find my topic relevant.
many thanks,
Jibo Nura,
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria-Nigeria

I wish u the very best Dan Barno in ur quest to protect Yar adua- the PEOPLE- SERVANT.