News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

KANEM-BORNO MILLENNIUM AND YERWA CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS:- INTL COLLOQUIM

Started by Dan-Borno, November 12, 2007, 07:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

The celebration of the kanem-borno millennium and yerwa
centenary celebration was flagg off today with a symposium
at the Musa Usman International Conference Hall followed
by a mini Durbar at the Shehu's Palace.

To me, celebration without achievements is meaningless,
you only celebrate when there is success.  1000 years
with 1,000,000 problems is not an achievement worth of
celebrations.

Highly educated gurus manned the committee, Emeritus
Umoru Shehu, Prof. Abubakar Mustapha of UNIMAID, Prof.
Nur Alkali etc are the chief piloters of this celebration.

Good luck.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

1000 years.
That's alot.
DB you cannot say that nothing has been achieved in the 1000 years of the Kanem Empire.
During the days when the traditional empires where powerful i'm sure there was a lot of developments.
Also the traditional institutions help a lot in terms of maintaining peaceful coexistence in their kingdoms.

Take a closel ook at,for example, those states in the North where these kingdoms are non-existent. You find out that when tribal or religious conflicts arise they are worst than in the areas where the traditional institutions exist.

Allah ya Ciyar da mu gaba!
Long Live the Kanem and Yerwa empires!
Long live the Fulani Empires!
Long live Nigeria!
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

I was listening to the Friday BBC news yesterday (saturday) and the Kanem Borno milleniu celebration was their main news of the half hour.
I say congratulations to DB for being a product of such a historic achievement. I have never studied history at sch, and frankly speaking, I find the histories of past empires like the Kanem Borno and others quite stiff and boring, but that is because I have never been exposed to the histories. I am sure they are interesting.
What I find fascinating however is the realization after I was in the Lake Chad region a few yrs ago that from southern sudan stretching across republic of Chad and Borno state, that all the ppl of these regions seem to have a common ancestry somehow.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Ai Aunty Husnaa, kada dai ayi bincike kawai,
two of my fathers brothers are still residing
in Sudan and they claiming that our grand
parents are originally from Sudan.

Abin mamaki, ko a tv idan an nuna matan
sudan tamkar matan barebare suke, both
outfit and infit (my language pls).
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

IBB

IHS