News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

BAD FOLLOWERSHIP, BAD LEADERSHIP

Started by Tsmagiya, November 20, 2007, 08:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsmagiya

It is common belief that Nigerian problem is Bad Leadership. If one diagonizes the leadership of late Sardauna of Sokoto, alhaji Ahmadu Bello, throught that of Gens Yakubu Gowon, Murtala and Buhari one cannot bad agree.  Leadership provided by these people were mostly self less.
However things changed since August 1985 for the worst! Self Service has been elevated to the high heavens sinc then. Public leaders now display ill gotten wealth inside and outside service. But is the fault only theirs? Do not the followers who bootlick them, shower high praises on them to get the crumbs that fall from their tables, give them traditional titles, honorary degrees also contribute to their badness?

Lawwali

Apart from that also the followerz are fonds of shying away from their responsibilities of telling the leadership point blank that such and such are wrong what ever it takes. This blunt truth that is not being told to leadership is the bane of our society today. Before i cherishes and respect Nuhu Ribadu for his ideals as no nonsense, but he allowed himself to be exaggerated from AC to AIG, by his ideals he should have told the president NO! but he didnt. that is why i stopped cherishing Him. If you could remember a cabinet minister in Blair's government (ROBIN COOK) resigned his appointment on principles. Read his book A POINT OF DEPARTURE. But here followers compromises their principles on sycopancy :'(
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

Tsmagiya

Lawwali
That was a fantastic comment on the issue. You hit the nail on the head!