News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

MENS WARDROBE (STRICTLY FOR MEN)

Started by Dan-Borno, November 23, 2007, 12:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waduz

Quote from: Dan-Borno on December 03, 2007, 09:13:00 AM
Quote from: waduz on November 28, 2007, 04:09:29 PM
There are so many women out there that have not been tested and their capabilities proven. Dora should be relieved of her job now for another women doctor to also head the NAFDAC. 8)

Haba Waduz, but you quite knew that there is great
difference between Dora and Okonjo, Dora has done
this country proud, if at all we can trust all the women
as we  trusted her, i think Nigeria will change for better.
She has sanitized the entire drug system.

@ Bee
Why did you delete your post? I thought its your own
opinion? those that mean you were forced to make such
statement? Haba we are just reaching out.

That is your view DBN which I disagree with in toto. You see the essence of establishing the NAFDAC was to curtail drug abuse and any form of drug inflicted violence among Nigerians, especially youths. Dora is trying, but cannot be said to have sanitized the system. She has not really made any credible impact on drugs sale/manufacturing and on the other harmful substances being recklessly sold and consumed by citizens all over the place, with absolute alacrity. Go to any city, town or villages you will encounter thugs in different attires of deviance parading themselves as villains of the society. These guys consume drugs and cause mayhem at the slightest of provocation. I believe that NAFDAC and NDLEA should sit up and check the local drug dealers who operate shops along streets in all the towns throughout the country. This will do more good to our wellbeing that chasing pure water hawkers!

The political thuggery bedevilling our country is caused by drugs consuming youths who are waylayed in doing so by stipends given to them by politicians. Organizing seminars and TV features by these agencies is not enough........

Dan-Borno

Akramakallahu, i just hope we will not go out of the main
theme of this our thread.  However, as you highlighted
above, there is great difference between activities of the
NDLEA and the NAFDAC.  Even though you have confessed
that NAFDAC (Dora Led) is trying, yes, the organization is
trying.  She single handedly broke the notorious Onitsha
drug dealers who for a long period of time infiltrated and
dominated the entire phamaceutical industry in this country.

Yes, no any nation will prosper without updating knowledge
and sharing of ideas with other organizations and countries
who have made history, i believe that is the essence of
organising such seminars and conferences and the aggressive
media publicity to sensitize the average drug consumer.

This reminds me also, Dora was recently, i think last week
honoured by the Italian Government as one of the four
top-world class women achievers.  Prof. Dora and three
other women emerged finalists for the 2007 International
Woman of the Year Award at a colourful International
Women Conference held at Grand Hotel Brillia in the serene
city  of  Saint-Vincent, Italy.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Quote from: waduz on December 03, 2007, 09:43:35 AM
There are so many women out there that have not been tested and their capabilities proven. Dora should be relieved of her job now for another women
That is your view DBN which I disagree with in toto. You see the essence of establishing the NAFDAC was to curtail drug abuse and any form of drug inflicted violence among Nigerians, especially youths. Dora is trying, but cannot be said to have sanitized the system. She has not really made any credible impact on drugs sale/manufacturing and on the other harmful substances being recklessly sold and consumed by citizens all over the place, with absolute alacrity. Go to any city, town or villages you will encounter thugs in different attires of deviance parading themselves as villains of the society. These guys consume drugs and cause mayhem at the slightest of provocation. I believe that NAFDAC and NDLEA should sit up and check the local drug dealers who operate shops along streets in all the towns throughout the country. This will do more good to our wellbeing that chasing pure water hawkers!

How wrong you are Waduz. If she were only trying, then it was better than doing nothing at all. Before she was made NAFDAC chief, things were very bad with the pharmaceutical industries. Fake drugs importation and/or manufacture; selling expired drugs, etc. She has made in roads in curtailing the importation laundering and use of such drugs. Those were her main goals and she has done some admirable things in her efforts at 'trying'. The fact that ppl continue to abuse drugs has nothing  what soever to do with Dora. What u are saying is akin to  leading a horse to water and making him drink it when we all know that it is not  possible. Dora and her administration are the equivalent of the FDA in the US. The FDA is the quality control watchdog for any new food and pharmaceutical products in the US. Yet there is so much substance abuse going on in the US and no one pins the blame on FDA.

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

waduz

So the FDA have a lot more to do. That is the point. We in Nigeria have the habit of praise singing! You just rely on newspaper reports and conclude that there is no jupiter than can do as someone was doing! Dora is not running NAFDAC alone as she has numerous helping hands that do the job. I am against the thinking that "if not she, no one could do it." We know ourseves, that with a little pampering some us can assume the impossible! But to think that out of over 140m Nigerians on a particular individual can do anything right is wrong!
To the Italian award, are you saying that because she emerged as an awardee, that makes her the best performing woman no. 4 in the world? C'mon, DBN, do you believe in such staged managed chicanery? My friend lets face it, Dora is trying, but she is yet to sanitize Nigeria drug wise as you keep on harping!

Muhsin

I felt a bit guilty or rather...don't know how to say it, for not having said a word since this thread is posted. I had to, since, reveal why I kept mute but later thought this as sth. very plain, i.e my being young while the thread's subject matter is strictly for MEN, right? But it very much impresses me. Dan-Barno is really a very nice member whose contribtuions to the forum have been very enlightining, educative, scholastic, entertaining and so on. Keep it up DB. 8) 8)
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

Sarkin Karatu mai Bald Head, very young professor in the making.
Men is a plural for Man, and man is a male person, an adult male
human being, which I am sure you belong to the group.

You can freely make your contributions, as you may be seeing
its simple and straight forward to the points and it happens
right now in our society, sooner or later full implementation will
follow suit.

Recently, a case is being pursued by the Ministry for Women
Affairs (I wonder why Ministry for Men Affairs is absent) that a
husband must divorce his wife, whom they felt is too young for
him even after she has conceived and born a healthy bouncing
baby boy for him.  He argued that he is taking good care of her
and they have been living in good terms until recently when the
Ministry's official intervened and brain washed his wife's brain
that she is too small   to be married out, not to talk of having
sex.  They argued that her sense of mentality is still not ripe
to be a wife and a mother.

As at now, they have been able to frustrate the man to the
extent that yaja Allah Ya isa. 

This is what we are saying, gradually, the poison is travelling
as fast as it can to its destination.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Quote from:  waduzDora is not running NAFDAC alone as she has numerous helping hands that do the job. I am against the thinking that "if not she, no one could do it." We know ourseves, that with a little pampering some us can assume the impossible! But to think that out of over 140m Nigerians on a particular individual can do anything right is wrong!
Why kill the goose that lays the golden eggs? You know the Nigerian syndrome very well; how many ppl do u have to try out at a particular position of trust before u get ONE who is sufficiently trust worthy? You have to try out hundreds at least. That in itself is not a huge figure, but before u get to the 10th trial, yr ministerial coffers have been bled dry and no work to show for it! So if on one of yr trials u hit a jackpot, milk it for all its worth first before u put it aside. So let Dora continue doing what she does best. She gets help yes of course. What u have to realize is that all those other incumbents before had help as well. The difference between her and them is how she handled the help and in which direction she put the help to most use. Many of her predecessors just misused the help.....

Quote from:  Dan BornoRecently, a case is being pursued by the Ministry for Women
Affairs (I wonder why Ministry for Men Affairs is absent) that a
husband must divorce his wife, whom they felt is too young for
him even after she has conceived and born a healthy bouncing
baby boy for him.  He argued that he is taking good care of her
and they have been living in good terms until recently when the
Ministry's official intervened and brain washed his wife's brain
that she is too small   to be married out, not to talk of having
sex.  They argued that her sense of mentality is still not ripe
to be a wife and a mother.

As at now, they have been able to frustrate the man to the
extent that yaja Allah Ya isa.

This is what we are saying, gradually, the poison is travelling
as fast as it can to its destination.

Give us the full details DB. Like how old is the wife? how old is the husband (not that its very important) did she get vvf during the birth? what are her own views of the marriage? her parents views?  was she forced to marry him? Does he maltreat her? are they muslims (seeing Islam gives full rights for marriage at early age). Who is the minister for women's affairs?
This is really intriguing.

gogannaka

Husnaa you are sounding like a lawyer LOL.

What i'll say to the women right activists is 'a dinga sara ana duban bakin gatari'.
Some of these women go out of their way in defending the woman's right.Some of these rights have been blanketed where the real criticism is against the islamic religion.
I could remember some time back during the heydays of the women rights and child labour act in nigeria a bill was proposed that would give women equal share in 'gado'- inheritance.
Now they are talking about a time table for sex.

DB furnish us more with details of wannan kashe auren.
My prayer is Allah ya sa age din ta bai kai na Nana Aisha ba lokacin da tayi aure.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Well in age din yarinyar bai kai na Nana Aisha ba at the time of marriage then she would be about 5yrs old or less.. which to me really would be seriously ridiculous and therefore would I would support the calls for the DIVORCE. But I seriously doubt that she is that tender aged.

gogannaka

To ai kin ga irin abin.
If she's older than Nana aisha then it more or less implies that ita ma nana aisha'n auren ta violation ne ga women's right.That is what i want to point out to the activists.
Idan suka biye ma turawan nan za su kai mutum su baro.

Has anyone read the United nations women right abuses report?

Dan-Borno

Thats correct Babban Abokina GGNK, Husnaa is acting more
of a Lawyer than a discussant.

I just confirmed that the girl in question was married to the
man at the age of 13 and conceived at the age of 14, and
it is confirmed that there were no any report of VVF or what
ever. The present case is in 2007 and they have been 2gether
since 2005, and all these while no one detected that she
is a small girl. 

I also just confirmed from a secret source at the Ministry here
in Maiduguri that they are trying an acid test on this particular
one, and if they succeeed, they will get to others and gradually
make it COMPULSORY that a girl must reach the age of 23 / 25
before getting married.

Mind you Husnaa, I am not against all these things, however,
the west has a target, these are only preliminaries which if they
succeed (there is every indication that they will succeed, from
the way the UN is funding them), then matters like that of
inheritance, wearing veil, time-table, marrying only one wife,
bearing maximum of 2 children per woman etc will then follow.

Kuma GGNK, abinda bamu sani ba shine, the UN and other Western
organisation are working from the grass roots.  Irin yanmatan
kauye and yan talla, once these target groups are brainwashed
irin su ??????  and ??????? dama sun samu enough training since
university days.

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on December 11, 2007, 08:07:08 PM
To ai kin ga irin abin.
If she's older than Nana aisha then it more or less implies that ita ma nana aisha'n auren ta violation ne ga women's right.That is what i want to point out to the activists.
Idan suka biye ma turawan nan za su kai mutum su baro.

Has anyone read the United nations women right abuses report?

LOL GGNK, U DIDNT READ WHAT I WROTE. U SKIMMED THROUGH IT SO U HAVENT GOT THE GIST OF WHAT I MEANT???
Nana Aisha was married to the Prophet SAW at age 6yrs. So if we are to put a standard by Islamically acceptable marriageable ages, then it should be 6yrs. (who am I to oppose abin da Allah Ya Hallatta? ) What I am saying is that if the girl was less than 6yrs old, then I would not second the marriage myself. I went on to say I seriously doubt that she is less than 6 yrs old though. I did not give an opinion as to what I think or would do, if she is above six yrs of age. You went right ahead and asssumed it   ???

DB thank u for that account. I wasnt acting as a lawyer, I just wanted information on the case that is all.
Look to be honest with you, I am not an advocate of early child marriage. Ba wai because I am bucking against Islam ba or anything like that. I just feel that it is fair to give the girl opportunities at self betterment which she would miss out if she married early. Wannan abin kuma was brought about by societal norms and the way men treat women. If men treated women as humans with rights and feelings and did not subjugate them, and did everything da aka ce musu is a woman's prerogative by Islamic standards, then a girl married at the age of one yrs old would be assured of getting a decent standard of living from her husband all through out her life without having to resort to become economically independent and  she would also be well educated so that she can conduct her life from a point of advantage. But we all know that is not the case.
I am not for setting the date of marriage at 23 or 25 or so.. The level of a girl's education usually dictates the age at which she gets married. The more educated she is the older the age at which she gets married. For my part, I advocate tertiary education to all women.
To me this whole issue of UN doing underhanded  and dirty manouvres to achieve some modicum of "freedom" for women is all bull****. A good society starts at home. Children brought up in the care of caring and well educated parents both in Islamic religion and western education, will go a long way to producing the kind of citizens that we need. Unfortunately this is an idyllic thought. It doesnt happen like that. There is always something not quite right, which means that we bring up a less than perfect progeny. The cases are exacerbated at the grassroot levels where there is very little of the western education (which in turn leads to evils of poverty) and in many cases, a misunderstanding of the cardinal rules of Islam, which brings about the maltreatment and consequent impoverishment of women.

gogannaka

Oh oh,Husnaa you misunderstood me too.
I was not referring to your comment in my previous post.I read what you posted and understood it clearly.
I wanted to actually point out how the issue could become complicated if the girl in DB's story turns out to be older than Nana Aisha when she got married.Sorry i didn't make myself clear enough.No offence meant  ;)

Sometimes i lay the blame of such issues on our Malamai,the so called Ulama's.
Most at times they hide abuse under the name of religion. Abu kadan haram abu kadan ba haka annabi ya ce ba kuma mafi yawancin lokachi sai ka ga ra'ayin su kawai suke cusa wa jama'a.
I had an argument with a friend who was a die hard student/follower of one of the Malamai a kano.Shi malamin da bakin shi na ji ya fada cewa where some islamic traditions are scientifically and medically proven to cause dangerous health risks then the scientific proof should supercede the islamic tradition.(i wish i could put it clearer)
So rannan ana karatu sai malamin yace wai ai early marriage does not cause VVF.Ni kuma na ji da kunne na cewa one of the causes of VVF shine yi wa mace aure kafin ta kai appropriate age,in other words early/pre-mature marriage.
Haka muka yi ta musu,suna ganin cea akwai conspiracy ne a issue din.That why wasn't there VVF during the prophet's time....a'a kawai ana so ne ayi discrediting auren annabi da Nana Aisha.

waduz

Hakkun goga. You see, the issue if varied from the religious perspective, is that all marriages done by the Prophet PBUH, were to serve as example to the Ummah to copy. He married a widow (Um Salma) a women sent to him by one king (Um Maria) a woman much older than him (Um Khadija) etc. Aisha's case was so special that it was one of his best friends, Abubakar that gave her hand to him in marriage. He was the Prophet and had unsurpassed sense of restrained as he allowed Aisha to grow and blossomed into womanhood before he took her. I think only a very few of us could have such a kind of restrain.
In the current dispensation, obviously there are problems that are bedevilling us and our faith. It is ironic and quite tragic to find among moslems people that are moslems because they grew up under the care of moslem parents only. In short, they practice the religion only by conduct and not by any iota of Iman. Only recently a very young girl gave birth to a set of twins out of wedlock! The father, as she revealed, is someone known very well in the society as "Hafiz" someone that has memorized the Qoran uphead! It was so damning that it was hardly believeable, but since it came from herself and considering her age, no one doubted her. Just before she delivered the twins, the goon has embarked on a pilgrimage to Mecca. Her parents are waiting for his return! For God's sake, what prayer is he gong to pray for at the two Holy Mosques after committing that distardly act?
Now go to any of our big hotels in all the big cities of Nigeria you will be suptrised to see how our supposed leaders are stooping too low by activily engaging in illicit and immoral acts contrary to the tenets of our religion. They take undue advantage of young girls, sometimes even daughters of their neighbours, or even married women by giving them huge sums of moneyat once, money they can hardly spend for their family in a year, to commit the unprintable. What is left for us as moslems is that we should continue to live according to the dictates of our Quran and the Traditions of our Prophet. The western propaganda through some agencies is obvious and very much glaring. We must be steadfast in our religious activities and darm their wishful thinking of denigrating Islam. We must know that there is no way these people will ever, I mean ever like or trust us. That is our destiny right from from the beginning and it will be like that till end of days. But for us moslems, the good thing is that we are on the right track as our religion is complete and there is no jupiter on this palnet that can stop us from worshing Allah SWT. But for us to convince adherents of other religions that ours is surely the right one, we must change our conduct and attitude in the society by being humble, peaceful, tolerant and accommodating. Allah gyara, amin.

Bee

Salam
      I think duk wanna misunderstandings din yana karkashin malaman mu ne.Addinin Musulunci mai sauki ne fiye da yadda most mutane suka dauka.When you analyse some rules for instance without any malami,you will realize that logically,that is how it should be.Let's take this case as an example: Man being the head of the family.Naturally,man is created stronger.He is aggressive and because of that,he can handle most things that a woman might not be able to handle.A woman on the other hand is soft and more gentle in nature and that is because she is create that way.Her emotons can even screw things up for her.That is why she needs a man to kind of protect her or lead her.There is nothing like superiority.We are all equal in the eyes of Allah only that the two different sexes have some little differences in duties to perform when serving thier Creator.Laifi dai daya ne.If you break the rules,you will be in trouble sai dai in mutum ya tuba.
    Another thing da ke bata min rai ga malaman nan shi ne in suna wa'azi.Only 1 in 10 will tell men abin da Allah zaiyi masu if they fail to do whta is expected of them to do towards thier wives and family.Amma in kunji yadda suke tsananta purnishment akan mace if she fails to do what is expected of her,sai mutum yayi kuka.Kun san akwai people who practice sexism a duniyan nan.In most cases malamna nan irin su ne.They lead other man astray.men who would have made the difference.Hardly a sami friendship between a husband and wife this days simply becuase ana samun wasu suna twisting the real motive(it is not everything that is understandable anyway) behind a particular rule set The All Mighty.To most men,there is nothing like friendship between a king and his subjects sai dai biyayya.
   On the subject of early marraige,no body has any idea how Nana Aisha looked like when she was married off to the Prophet(PBUH).It takes some people longer time to actually get into adulthood.A girl of 12yrs might look 20.Another girl of that same age might look 8yrs old.What is the point given out your daugther when she is nothing but a baby?Common sense ne fa wannan.You will destroy her for the rest of her life.She will never experience the joy of childhood.Ance the prophet's marriage to Aisha should be an example to men.The Prophet(PBUH)waited for her to develope.How many men these days will do that when it is obvious that they are nothing but child abusers.Oh come on,why would someone want to get involved with a child who is yet to reach adulthood?
Born To Bee Great