News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

MENS WARDROBE (STRICTLY FOR MEN)

Started by Dan-Borno, November 23, 2007, 12:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

The Quran in Sura 2:228 says:. . . Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status . . . (Sayyid Abul A'La Maududi, the Meaning of the Qur'an, vol. 1, p. 165)

The Quran in Sura 4:34 says: Men are managers of the affairs of women because Allah has made the one superior to the other.(Maududi, vol. 1, p. 329)

I frankly believe that a man is superior 2 woman 4 d plain reasons that it was wat I was designed to believe from home, based on principles of religion n culture. Forget culture, I have accepted this rule of authority only 4 religious purpose & will not hesitate demonstrating appropriate respects on to a man (raise your toast Dan-Borno, am sure u eager to do that). Men are protectors and maintainers of women therefore women must be devoutly obedient, no doubt! However our ultimate maintenance n protector is God! So just because you got extra muscles don't mean your right of passage 2 ill power vested on "inferior women". Cant blame ur kind because d overexcitement of this superiority has made some of u 2 selfishly overuse that authority & enforcedly pushed into our noses that "YOU IZ THE BOSS"!!! Relax dude, dnt bust a muscle! The writings on the wall and we already know it!!!! 

God! This inconsiderable feel for machoness........has wiped it off from their brains that d  interdependency of men and women is also recognized in Islam. Hello!!! Despite it being lucid to even a blind man, you snub this fact off or turn it into travesty. Some of you utilize and exaggerate that degree of superiority by your over-boisterous selves to unleash abuse onto the most vulnerable women in the society that's why sometimes I no dey blame ppl like Honty Afusatu! ;D

Sha, let me salute you for permitting the ecstasy of the 'manpower' exhume u, as myself and other female counterparts who share the same view sit by the corners & mock you. Like it wasn't Eve who made Adam bite on the Apple. Now who tha Boss!!!! ;D yet they allege being in control. Stop fooling urselves!!!!! ;D

Oops....sorry I didn't know I walked into the men's closet. Forgive my act of felony. (rolls eyes)

Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

arubuta

Quote from: ummita on January 15, 2008, 06:47:52 PM

Oops....sorry I didn't know I walked into the men's closet. Forgive my act of felony. (rolls eyes)

I think u did not walked, u are a tailor of some kind cos i agreed with what u said,

[

Like it wasn't Eve who made Adam bite on the Apple. Now who tha Boss!!!! ;D yet they allege being in control. Stop fooling urselves!!!!! ;D

but I'd say thats not boss like, its kind of ... what shall i say... ahh, advice. women are there to give men advice too

I think women too ought to have their wardrobe too, or is it existing?

If all the trees on earth were pen
and all the sea, with seven more besides, was ink,
God's words would not run dry
  Q31:27

Dan-Borno

Wai, yau na shiga uku na tabo Ummita, despite the slamming...
The main aim of this thread is not to battle for the position of
'who is who' between the gender, however, the main focus of
this thread is purely to 'curtail' the unauthorised excess luggage
carried by the women folk.

Dont be carried away, on several occasion we refer to the
Beijing Declaration and make references to issues like inheritance,
divorce, birth control, conjugal relation (the time table issue) etc.
We are only CAUTIONING you and preparing ourselves (men) in
the event that such things succeeded in our society (Nigeria).
It is never our intention to forcefully take what is naturally yours.

Like it wasn’t Eve who made Adam bite on the Apple. Now who tha Boss!!!! ;D

Yes, its one of those Allah's Bounties on you women, the experiment
started with our father (Adam) and it worked - uptil now you are
in charge when it comes to this - for my own good let me keep mute.
(DB raises his hands up in surrender).

Oops….sorry I didn’t know I walked into the men’s closet. Forgive my act of felony. (rolls eyes)[/color]

Dont mind, Husnaa's licence extends to all her friends as well.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Quote from: repeated
  Like it wasn't Eve who made Adam bite on the Apple. Now who tha Boss!!!! ;D yet they allege being in control. Stop fooling urselves!!!!! ;D

Quote from: arubuta on January 15, 2008, 07:39:01 PM
[

but I'd say thats not boss like, its kind of ... what shall i say... ahh, advice. women are there to give men advice too
I think women too ought to have their wardrobe too, or is it existing?

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 15, 2008, 08:13:41 PM
Like it wasn't Eve who made Adam bite on the Apple. Now who tha Boss!!!! ;D

Yes, its one of those Allah's Bounties on you women, the experiment
started with our father (Adam) and it worked - uptil now you are
in charge when it comes to this - for my own good let me keep mute.
(DB raises his hands up in surrender).

I'd like to remind all of you that it is erroneous to believe that Eve enticed Adam to eat the apple. That is not an islamic doctrine, it is part of the christian dogma, and ironically enough, it is one of the reasons why women in Europe in the middle ages and up to the suffrage movement were subjugated by men in Europe (at least) and still up to the 70s were given unequal treatment. Its not that women didnt have a bad deal elsewhere all over the world and still do, but Its just that this comment of ummita's is like what hausawa say: Faduwa ta zo daidai da zama, in the sense that she touched upon one of the basic causes of female maltreatment within the christian world at least.

What the Qur'an says about Adam Eve and the apple is that it was the waswas of shaytan that made the two of them (not only Adam) eat from the tree. An apple was never mentioned either. Shaytan enticed them to believe that the tree was a tree of eternal life. Our father Adam consumed it together with our mother Eve and then they became aware of their aurats (what's the arabic plural eh DB  you know that language so well). Then they grabbed at leaves to hide themselves. Then they became remorseful because they realized that they had disobeyed Allah SWT. Then they asked Allah's Forgiveness, and Allah Forgave them, but also Took them out of Aljannat. Eve had nothing to do with enticing Adam, because in the Quran, Shaytan approached BOTH of them and no where did it ever mention that Eve made Adam eat it, and also they both repented. 

We must realize that all this was in the Perfect Plan of Allah; that these were events that must happen in order to lead to the expulsion of Adam and Eve from Paradise. Even Shaytan was just an instrument in the Plan of the Creator. But because in christian doctrine, it was eve that enticed adam, it became the norm for women to be maligned and called all sorts of named by the monks and preachers and missionaries and ultimately every other man of the 19th century downwards.. "Instruments of the Devil" was one popular name given to women by these over zealous bigots.. who go and do worse behind closed doors.

this thread is purely to 'curtail' the unauthorised excess luggage
carried by the women folk...................

Dont be carried away, on several occasion we refer to the
Beijing Declaration and make references to issues like inheritance,
divorce, birth control, conjugal relation (the time table issue) etc.
We are only CAUTIONING you and preparing ourselves (men) in
the event that such things succeeded in our society (Nigeria).
It is never our intention to forcefully take what is naturally yours.

If women carried xs baggage, it was because  the men made them do so. In tura ta kai bango ai kuma sai ramuwa, ko ba haka ba? The irony is that if men had been in the habit of treating women well with all the attendant rights granted to women by Allah SWT, then there'd have been no need for women's suffrage, no need for the Beijing Declaration no need for women to strive as hard as men do. Women in society have to strive and be twice better than a man, before they are recognized as being as good as a man.. so that is why women become aggressively competitive. But if women were given the positive and empowering recognition they deserved for being women and being as good as a man at the same time, who'd want to be a man or act like a man? Its unnatural!

Which woman wants to behave as if she's under the influence of a dose of  adrenaline driven testesterone?  But some do so because they have no choice. What most women would really like and want and need is to feel petted  cosseted, taken care of,  protected and know that there is a hard muscular shoulder to lean on close by.. but you guys... u destroyed all that. Everything you guys complain about in women, you are the genesis of them!!!   

What goes round comes round is a very apt statement. Its like what's happening right at this moment in time with this massive illegal exodus of African migrants to european shores. What has happened is that what kept going round for some 2-3 centuries, is finally coming round. When the Europeans decided to pillage Africa in order to make what Europe is today and then continued to pillage her regardless, they never gave a thought to the fact that if they didnt give back to Africa in what ever positive kind,  what they took from her, the ppl whom they keep robbing would be in such miserable conditions that they'd have no alternative  but to seek a share of the cake which was rightfully theirs where ever it was to be found. And since it is not to be had at home as the cake has migrated to Europe,  then they'd migrate and follow it to where ever it can be had. This is simple and righteous common sense and  yet the Europeans dont like it because it displaces the balance of their own economies. Well what else did they expect? That paydirt wont become payback? Now that they've realized their mistakes, they are half heartedly trying to make token amendments which dont work at all because the amendments are still riddled with selfish intent.

So in effect that is what you men have done and are complaining because the tables have been turned on you by your own handiwork.

Oops....sorry I didn't know I walked into the men's closet. Forgive my act of felony. (rolls eyes)[/color]

Dont mind, Husnaa's licence extends to all her friends as well.

Licence.. we dont need a licence Mallam DB! I will have u know. Encroach on our turf, and u will certainly feel the repercussions.... who needs a licence for that? ;D ;D

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Each posting of Auntyn Muhsin comes around with an entirely
new issue.  Thanks for the refreshment on the issue of Adam
and Eve, definitely the story of Apple is (Isra'iliyya) founded on
false theories.  Allah ba da lada.

This brings us to the issue at hand.  Are you saying that the
present xcess luggage carried by women are caused by men?
If yes, does that give them the audacity to take the laws into
their hand?

The issue here is not about revenge, because the past is past
and the present day is full of cool, standard and purified Islamic
knowledge that we can make us of. 

Husnaa's licence revoked with effect from 1/2/09
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 16, 2008, 10:57:29 AM
This brings us to the issue at hand.  Are you saying that the
present xcess luggage carried by women are caused by men?

yes

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 16, 2008, 10:57:29 AMIf yes, does that give them the audacity to take the laws into their hand?

Its not women taking the law into their own hands, its the law working by itself..  something  like Newtons'  second (or third?) law of motion: 'action and reaction are equal and opposite'
In other words 'do me I do u.' 8)

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 16, 2008, 10:57:29 AMThe issue here is not about revenge, because the past is past
and the present day is full of cool, standard and purified Islamic
knowledge that we can make us of. 

No one is contesting muamala between men and women under the islamic jurisdiction, but its a give and take... you give fairly you receive fairly. You cant decide to be crooked and expect to everything to turn out straight. So if u give women the fairness they deserve, you get what u deserve out of them as well. ko ba haka ba?

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 16, 2008, 10:57:29 AMHusnaa's licence revoked with effect from 1/2/09

lol! ;D

[/quote]

Dan-Borno

arubuta

guys i'm lost here, whats the excess luggage that they carry. i thought women liked shopping not men?

and is it true that har yanzu men are not being fair to women, cha na ke ada ne.

about adam and eve story of ummita, she is just trying to express her inner feeling, ba wai ta yadda da story din bane. ko ba haka ba?

Konan

HUSNAA

Quote from: arubuta on January 17, 2008, 12:42:24 AM
guys i'm lost here, whats the excess luggage that they carry. i thought women liked shopping not men?

and is it true that har yanzu men are not being fair to women, cha na ke ada ne.

about adam and eve story of ummita, she is just trying to express her inner feeling, ba wai ta yadda da story din bane. ko ba haka ba?

Lol Arubuta ashe u are a girl? I no sabioooooo; sorry for ignoring yr re entrance to the forum. I was under the impression u were a guy. Una welcome back prodigal daughter ;D ;D

are u for real when u asked whether its true men are not being fair to women STILL (shakes head!!) amaizing statement!! With irin su Kam Bornoye around, ( :P  ) I dont think women will ever get the justice they deserve from men ;D

That story of Adam, eve and the apple, I used to believe it also before I read the Quranic version. When I was young, I used to read the bible (the old testament)  sosai sosai  because of all the stories of the prophets their in. It was very interesting but very detailed oh God! like reading an official court document  and x begat y and y begat z and z begat xy and so on and so forth ad infinitum. That is where I got the story of eve adam and the accursed apple. and I did believe in it.  I guess ummitta may also believe in this unofficial version if she didnt really know the true version. But now she will at any rate. So it will hopefully disabuse her of the wrong one. Bayan haka ma, the true version are the Words of the Creator, so we mustnt play around with the truth, knowingly or not..saboda sabo mukeyi all the time if we dont know that.

arubuta

husnaa, thanks for welcoming me back. why were u thinking i'm a guy?

anyway i'm serious about the ill treatment STILL or justice. why i asked is because i thought those men that do such a thing are in the minority. with i around i know those minority men will changed. shi ya sa kuke nan ai dan ku juya wa su Bornoye ra'ayin su, ku dawo da su hanyar da take dama-dama.

what about the excess luggege?

Mufi

Arubuta, u still insisting on the excess luggage, i guess we need to bring DB back to elaborate more on that.

U know i too was thinking u r a guy ;D, anyway welcome on board :).
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

arubuta

would like to ask those of u who had been to the kanoonline 1st literature award @ the british council years ago.
if u've been then u've seen arubuta then.
well. i wud just like to know why all of u think arubuta is a girl, i know its because of the name... right?
well i wud just say follow ur instincts, arubuta isn't a girl, u were right all along
sorry ladies, the comment i was making that made u tot i was a gils is that i wa making it from the girls point of view.
its better i confess. so that how ladies are they only welcomed be back wen they tot i was a girl
sorry guys

my sincere apology

DB
Quote from: Mufi on January 17, 2008, 07:42:10 PM
Arubuta, u still insisting on the excess luggage, i guess we need to bring DB back to elaborate more on that.

waitnig for u DB

Ibro2g

Quote from: arubuta on January 18, 2008, 12:06:51 AM
i wud just like to know why all of u think arubuta is a girl, i know its because of the name... right?
well i wud just say follow ur instincts, arubuta isn't a girl, u were right all along

my sincere apology

[/size]

Lol, cleaning out his closset...next? Anyone got any confessions
Safety and Peace

HUSNAA

Quote from: arubuta on January 18, 2008, 12:06:51 AM
would like to ask those of u who had been to the kanoonline 1st literature award @ the british council years ago.
if u've been then u've seen arubuta then.
well. i wud just like to know why all of u think arubuta is a girl, i know its because of the name... right?
sorry ladies, the comment i was making that made u tot i was a gils is that i wa making it from the girls point of view.
its better i confess. so that how ladies are they only welcomed be back wen they tot i was a girl
sorry guys

my sincere apology

Well all along arubuta sounded too masculine anyway. it was the comment u made about 'we ladies' (see yr quote below from WHY DO GIRLS RESERVE THEIR AFFECTIONS?' that made me at least revise my opinion. Maybe u were trying to quote someone and it didnt come out quite right and ended up looking as if it was yr own sentiment.

Quote from: arubutayou can imagine GGNK ta sani, tana sane, ba son shi take ba, maybe (i really don't want to say this, its an abuse to we ladies  Huh?)  ohh what the ....
she used him.

As for that little dig at me..( :P)... 'how ladies are they only welcomed me back when they thought I was a girl'.. to me ka ke so ayi maka? Think of it this way, if I was in a group of ppl  and you were part of that group, but happened to be away at the time, and I was a late entrant so I didnt know about you, if u came back and everyone started jumping for joy, would I emulate them just bcos I am part of the bunch? No. I would wait to know u better first before I strike up a conversation or wait to be formally introduced, or wait for u to make the first move. On the other hand if it were a woman, I'd not exactly jump for joy, but I'd say hi and welcome back. I'd approach her maybe before she approaches me (depending on her outlook of course). Its just the way it goes that's all. I guess one does it unconsciously onscreen also.

PS XS BAGGAGE: I think DB means women are too sensitive and touchy where the topic of men versus women is concerned. But ask him..