News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Chief Sunday Awoniyi.. Statemen mourn you..

Started by sheriff 05, November 30, 2007, 08:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheriff 05

Considering he was neither royalty, nor was he a major political office holder, en uwa, Lets pay tribute to the most Phenomenal Statesman Arewa has seen. Allah ya jikan Musulmi..

HUSNAA

Ameen Ameen.
Heard about the death today on BBC. He was a totally detribalized man. We need more of the likes of him.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

IBB

IHS

Dan-Borno

Felt very sorry for his family ant the North at large.

@ IBB
Anya kuwa The Sardauna "kekere" musulmine?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

IBB

IHS

Dan-Borno

Wane ni nayi reading mind din Janar, i am
just trying to put you on track, abi no bi so.

Chief Sunday Awoniyi has leaved a life worth
emulation as a true Nigerian and a northerner
who sees no religion as a means of political
vandetta.  During those days, they worked
hand in hand with the then rulers of the north
while so many southern Christians sees him as
a hypocrite and being manipulated by the northern
elite.  Thats not true, he died a true christian
believer, and all his life a full time christian who
truly believes in Jesus Christ as saviour.

While he was Chairing the ACF, he single handedly
and without exposing it to the hungry journalist the
fracas that if it had happened, it will cost ACF being
non-existent and be divided forever.

I see him as a hero who deserved a national mourning
and with immediate effect, a special monument be
named after him somewhere in Kaduna the northern
headquarters.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

IBB

Quote from: Dan-Borno on December 04, 2007, 09:35:55 PM
Wane ni nayi reading mind din Janar, i am
just trying to put you on track, abi no bi so.

Thanx anyway. I said Allah yaji kan musulmi

So when you ask weather hes muslim. I thot u are asking me sarcastically because i said Allah yaji kan musulmi instead of Allah yaji kanshi
IHS

Muhsin

Hadn't heard of the death. Allah ya jikan musulmi.

And concerning either he's a muslim or not, I don't think he's. But your prayer is nice because no body so far slip-mouth to say 'Allah ya jikanshi'. Nice thought.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

Northern Nigeria has indeed lost a collosus personality. Chief Sunday Awoniyi is really one of my favourites. I personally cherrish and envy his cultural, tribal and religious tolerance and leadership style. And I will live to cherrish his simple and down-to-earth attitude. A man of honour and impeccable track records. Sir, you have gone but we will live to mourn and remember with grief and remourse that the greater North that we are all striving for,  now suffers a major set back, because it has lost an intrepid and illustrious son. The one whom my very good friend, Husna described as "Detribalised".

Adamu Adamu, the reknown Daily Trust Friday columnist and a senior colleague, could not believe it when he was told that Senator Chief Sunday Awoniyi has dropped. It was really a great loss for the entire region of Northern Nigeria but for ppl of understanding. I wish Yewande, Taiye and Kehinde fortitudes to bear this irreparable loss.Take heart my dear brothers, there is nothing permanent in life. All of us came from Allah and to Him we shall all return.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).