News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

BREAKING NEWS!!! - UNIMAID CLOSED DOWN INDEFINITELY

Started by Dan-Borno, November 23, 2007, 10:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

The university of maiduguri work up early this morning
with crises between brewing between Muslim students and
their Christian friends, even though, no any report of
casualty, but an unconfirmed source reported to me that
the Dean Students Affairs residence was seriously burgled
and he was also brutallised.

The root of the crises will be traced to a christian fellow
student who desecrated the holy Qur'an in a manner not
worthy to re-mention.

The school authority has now given the all the students to
vacate the university within 2 hours expiring by 12:00 noon
Nigerian time today.

It is also worthy to mention that some students have either
finish writing their exams or will be finishing latest Friday
before this ugly situation happens.

Who is to be blame?

To me, i blame the entire management of the university for
its lack of acting whenever a security report is submitted to
them by their security office.

Meanwhile, the students have also act irrationally, they should
have opted for a dialogue and vigorously pursue the matter
to its logical conclusion.

Whichever way round - the students are at the receiving end.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

u know DB, what really gets my goat is the fact that if one knows the consequences that will follow one's actions, why do them? isnt that being deliberate and provocative?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

That is it Aunty, the perpetrators of this heinous
act quiet knew the implications and they did it.
However, it will not be out of hand to point accusing
fingers at a particular class of academicians who
used the students to achieve their political aim
at the university.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Zagaina

it started in kano years back,the one in bauchi and gombe are still fresh in our mind and now in maiduguri. one will begin to ask why then the holy Quran? why it happen  only in muslims states? are some people not behind this dirty act for theirs self interest? and how true are those stories? and what action did the govt. and shool authority take to prevent its happening since the first one? anyway i really feel sorry for the students, cos whatever the case they are at the receiving end.
IF A CHILD LIVES WITH PRAISE,HE LEARNS TO APPRECIATE.

hafiz amin umar

hmm,my brother it was terrible,iam among the students that protested,although peacefull,but this henious act will conteneu to linger in our mine,may ALLAH CAUSE whoever did it may he never see peace in his entire life,ALLAH will surely judge it.this is the third time things like this happened in our dometry,we have plead with them and the authorities concern but no action  been taking.
  The school will reopen on the 2nd of december and the exams will commence immediately.YANUWA MUYI TA ADDUA ALLAH YA TAIMAKI MUSLUNCI YA DAUKAKASHI BISA KO WANE ADDINI.

sheriff 05

Subhanallah,

This is terrible, and I agree with you Husna, it is provocative, very provocative indeed...

After all, consider, this same act (or strikingly similar) has occurred in parts of the world and indeed parts of Nigeria, over and over again, so whoever it is that goes ahead to do this knows surely that we, as Muslims will not take it lightly at all. So it is not naivety, rather I agree with Husnaa, it is deliberate provocation.

The question is how best to react? I for one, think we're falling into traps over and over again, and the Logic behind these traps is scary, yet simple.

The provocation and our subsequent (rather predictable reaction), is probably aimed to show the world and other parts of Nigeria, that we are an unstable society which with provocation can become incredibly volatile, therefore, everyone should see us and treat us as the barbarians that we are or better yet, control us (through any means necessary) so we don't become a problem to our selves and indeed to others around us, or even better yet give justifiable backing to any group(s) seeking to control us or stop us from being a danger to our selves.

By provoking us to destroy our own society it also means we reduce our competitive advantage as a society (and as a people), cannot develop beyond a certain stage and cannot economically compete with other parts of the country. Ultimately our youth are forced to migrate in search of greener pastures, leaving us rather backward economically and socially. Through provocation, we are made with our own hands, to destroy our own infrastructure, institutions, and retard our own growth and development as a society. It is a simple logic used overtime in historic battles and current high level business practices to bring down your enemy (or competition) without lifting a single sword (or in this case, using only one sword).

We have to stop and think, before we react.

It is like a game of chess (only with real people and catastrophic consequences) and we are loosing, because we're falling into the trap, over and over again. The actions are merely a catalyst, our reaction was exactly what they hoped for and we fell straight into the trap.

The scary part of this logic is, if we continue with conventional thinking, both ways in our reaction, we loose.

If we react violently, as we did, we loose. Because it is our university we destroy, our society we put in turmoil and our people who ultimately suffer (not to mention that Islamically mass punishment, and indiscriminate action, remains a wrong course of action).

If we demonstrate peacefully and do nothing else, again we loose, because nothing is done to stop it from repeating itself and it may endear them to try again, plus they know that part of our society will not accept nothing being done, so in the long term we will still have internal upheavals and chaos, again, we loose.

As I said n I'm sure you see, it is akin to a difficult game of chess... but we have to turn the game around. We're loosing and loosing badly too, it's solution lies not in any of those predictable reactions alone, but in thinking of a long term strategic solution.

It is a solution not for our leaders to come up with, because they won't. It is for us to discuss and develop as youth, as it is our society, n we cannot let it fall apart.

I don't have a ready made solution right now, but I do know that our reaction destroying property in-discriminately, killing people and imposing lawlessness in the society, is wrong Islamically and is exactly what they want us to do.

Traps by whom? I don't know. That to me should not be the point at all for now, and I don't think that for now, it is particularly important... The important thing is develop an effective strategy, including consequences and diplomatic solutions that work for us as a society and stop these reckless things and our wrong reactions, from happening over and over again....

The problem for me is, where do we start?

manasmusa

Allah Sarki,I Don't know how to talk about this. long before it was neither at universities nor at colleges, but now that is not the game. But let ask why is it now at Universities? and Why only on Islam? remember, Allah promise to to protect his religion and he is all seeing what is happening. ALLAH kana gani.
Such is Allah your Rabb, His is the creation and...

IBB

Me I think some students are not ready for the exams and decide to start up the crises. To Allah ya sauwake no matter what it is.
IHS

HUSNAA

Haka ma wani ya fada a BBC. The best way to tackle wannan problem din is to employ a little espionage a cikin campuses. Let there be security spies that could pre-empt any attempt at destabilization; dan wannan rashin kunya ne. an gano yadda za a hargitsa jama'a so saboteurs are taking full advantage of it.

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on November 28, 2007, 05:28:53 AM
Haka ma wani ya fada a BBC. The best way to tackle wannan problem din is to employ a little espionage a cikin campuses. Let there be security spies that could pre-empt any attempt at destabilization; dan wannan rashin kunya ne. an gano yadda za a hargitsa jama'a so saboteurs are taking full advantage of it.

Feel this really could and would work. But how...?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

sheriff 05

Again, Dont miss the big picture...... the act (defaming Islam) is only half the problem, our reaction (with the bloodshed and destruction) is also another.. how do we sort both out?

HUSNAA

Exactly!  S05. How do we solve the problem? Could we just for once ignore these ignoramuses who keep provoking muslims without appearing to be indifferent to our religious tenets?