News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

WHAT DO THEY THINK?

Started by Bee, November 29, 2007, 06:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

It was one of those days.I was at work chatting with a co-worker.She asked me if i celebrate chrismas.I told her that i dont.She said she does and i must feel relieved  since i do not have to worry about buying Chrismas presents for friends and family.I told her that i have friends who celebrate Chrismas and i buy them Chrismas cards and when i celebrate Eid,they buy me Sallah presents too.She was impressed.Suddenly,she asked: Do we have a God? I looked at her and asked her to repeat her question because i was not sure if i heard her right.Again,she said: Does your religion have a God? Now that proved that i really heard her right.Believe me i did know when i began laughing.It is the most silly question anyone has ever asked me.
   I told her that we have a God and we call Him Allah.She asked me if He is supreme.I said yes,He is,He cannot be seen,He is the Beneficient,the Merciful.What surprised me was her own shock!She told me that she thought that we worship a man.Isnt that annoying?They are the ones that worship a messanger of Allah as a god?I had to take time to explain to her what Islam is all about,who Allah is to every muslim and Muhammad is His messanger.
  I asked around and was surprised by what i heard that most of these people in the Western World think we worship a man.Guess what,two weeks later,a man came to me (still at work) and asked me if i could tell him about islam that he is interested.I am now expaining to him what Islam is and hopefully,we will have a brother.Now,the question is: WHAT DO THEY THINK?
Born To Bee Great

IBB

They are those with disease in their hearts. They are confused Bee. May Allah lead us to the right path. Ihidinar siradal mustaqim, Siradal lazina an amta alaihim, gairul magarubi alaihim wallal dhalin. Ameen
IHS

Dan-Borno

A gaskiya IBB you have defined them, basu kadai
bama, ko abokan zaman mu a nan gida najeriya
haka muke ta fama da su, they see nothing good
out of us.

However, Bee, keep on trying and more grease to
your elbow, we will soon send your name to the
Da'awah Committee headed by Sheik Bamalli  ;D
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

MySeLf

I think, they thought they are only in this life for holidays, that is why they believe in having much
fun possible, anything fun is permissible in mr batures dictionary, and when they dies that is it,
they have simply disappeared... :-\
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Bee

Salam
     I think they have this wrong notion about Islam.Most of them believe in what they dont even understand.Those that know the truth are few in number and some in that group end up misleading the others.When you get to talk to those who dont know about your religion,they have that kind of look on thier faces that says 'hey ,that sound pretty interesting but that is not what we were told'.They get everything mixed up and end up believing in something totally wrong.
     These days,most dont even believe that God exist because science has asnwered all teh questions they think they need to know.You see,they are confused.some of them choose the right path while the rest....

Born To Bee Great

HUSNAA

North western europeans are the worst culprits when it comes to aetheism
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Bee,
To describe these people, I actually don't know how to. Why? I've been for long involving myself, in the other forums, into religion versus religion discussion arena. But do you know something? Even among themselves there is a very large chasm, differences and misunderstanding between so-so follower of that cult and the other. Thus I can boldly say they are indescribable in this regard.

Moreover, their though towards Islamic religion really varries. Some think about it with softheart and fair-mind while some are always on the bedrock of spitting, blaspheming, violating, defaming, etc every single thing in Islam; be it the Prophet, his companions, etc like those ppl of nairaland discussion forum.

Allah ya kyauta.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.