News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Education in Yobe State

Started by sheriff 05, December 14, 2007, 11:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheriff 05

As-salam alaikum to everyone and eid Mubarak,
Along with some colleagues, we are in advanced discussions and are contemplating drawing up a detailed proposal (or a blue print) for a masterplan on educational development for Yobe State, including the desired academic standards, skills base and competencies required, governance policies, sustainable funding mechanisms, obtaining and maintaining a quality teacher base, correct implementation procedures, desired societal impact and benefits, a suitable core curriculum and subsequent independent supervision, along with the neccessary laws and regulatory bodies (both local and international) to ensure its standards continue to develop in the long term.

However, (right from the early days) we are hampered by insufficient statistics on the number of schools available at the moment. Does anyone have "verifiable" statistics on the number of primary and secondary schools in the state and their distribution across the state? If not, does anyone know where I could get such information online?
Salam.

Dan-Borno

Malam Sheriff, i dont know where you operate, but
I am sure the recent Committee on verification of
Civil Servants in Yobe State, especiall those that
handled the Educational sector have a comprehensive
report on the institutions and other very important
information you might require.

May be you should PM me and I will give you some
phone numbers to try.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: sheriff 05 on December 14, 2007, 11:36:47 PM
As-salam alaikum to everyone and eid Mubarak,
Along with some colleagues, we are in advanced discussions and are contemplating drawing up a detailed proposal (or a blue print) for a masterplan on educational development for Yobe State, including the desired academic standards, skills base and competencies required, governance policies, sustainable funding mechanisms, obtaining and maintaining a quality teacher base, correct implementation procedures, desired societal impact and benefits, a suitable core curriculum and subsequent independent supervision, along with the neccessary laws and regulatory bodies (both local and international) to ensure its standards continue to develop in the long term.

However, (right from the early days) we are hampered by insufficient statistics on the number of schools available at the moment. Does anyone have "verifiable" statistics on the number of primary and secondary schools in the state and their distribution across the state? If not, does anyone know where I could get such information online?
Salam.

Malam Sheriff, i dont know much about Yobe or its parastatals but its quite surprising that your office will venture into such developmental programme without having the basic knowledge or idea of what they are dealing with. You should have known the amount of the schools before deciding on developing them or not, isnt it?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

sheriff 05

Malam Muda, we have no "office", we are simply concerned individuals. We came up with the idea and decided to find out more before formalising it into a written policy, hence my post. We are also in strategic discussion with interested international partners, but simply about the overall "concept" we wish to explore. The strategy is scalable and is a principled approach, transferrable from one state, region, or nation to the other, but taylored and implemented based on the specific needs of the community, so its by no means exclusive to Yobe, Nigeria or even Africa. Being a citizen of Yobe, I am merely attempting to make it the first beneficiary, hence my request for information. it is nothing formal, and not a government initiative. It is still in its infacny and requires a lot of discussion and negotiation with quite a few potential stakeholders and could in all honesty, most likely never happen. But what would we be, if we simply didnt try?

Dan-Borno

dambula! irin wannan grammar haka!!! slow down mana
Alai Sharu, i want to come in, but the language is too
professionally constructed.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak