News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Another Islamic Scholar Killed

Started by Dan-Borno, December 18, 2007, 02:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

As reported by Mansur Sani Malam
Leadership Newspaper

Barely eight months after the assassination of a famous Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ja'afar Adam, in a mosque in Kano, another scholar, Malam Sani Na'iya, was yesterday found murdered in his living room at the Sharada quarters in Kano metropolis.

Malam Na'iya, who was billed to lead the early morning prayers (Al-fijr) on the fateful day, was slaughtered by yet to be identified persons, and his corpse abandoned in the living room.

Our correspondents report that the slain scholar was not known to hold political opinions nor preach controversial sermons, rather he was known for his teaching to almajirai who thronged his house daily for Qur'anic lessons.

Coming when the police are yet to unravel the killers of Sheikh Ja'afar and the attempted assassination of yet another Islamic scholar in Unguwa Uku section of Kano metropolis, residents of Kano are becoming worried over the spate of unresolved murders of religious leaders in the ancient city.

Residents of Sharada, where the late Malam Na'iya resided for the past 30 years, said they were shocked and bewildered by the assassination as the late scholar, whom they referred to as Baba, was not known to have enemies.

"When we waited for him to come forward and lead the Fijr prayers to no avail, we went ahead all the same, but later went to his house to inquire why he did not show up. We were shocked to find him dead in his living room," a neighbour of the slain cleric, Danlami Ali, narrated to LEADERSHIP.

Police public relations officer (PPRO) for the Kano State Police Command, Baba Mohammed, a superintendent of police, confirmed to the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) that the murderers did not leave behind clues, nor the weapons used in the murder. but the police are doing their best to unravel the mystery, he said.

He said while investigating, the police have also put on ground certain security measures to curb criminality and track down criminals in the state, expressing the command's worries over the incident.

The spokesman said medical doctors have been asked to examine the corpse of the cleric to ascertain the type of weapons used, even as security officers in the state have been directed to intensify efforts in the manhunt for the criminals.

Our correspondent who went round the city to monitor reactions of people said the Council of Ulama in Kano is disturbed by the spate of killings of clerics without apparent motives and often unresolved by the police.

LEADERSHIP checks revealed that there was a serious coincidence over the murders of Sheikh Ja'afar and Malam Na'iya as both happened only a few days to major religious festivals, the Eid-el-Fitr and Eid-el-Kabir respectively, raising suspicions that Islamic clerics in Kano are deliberate targets.

The manner of attacks on yet another Islamic scholar at Unguwa Uku quarters of Tarauni local government Area where he was attacked while observing his prayers also had similarities with the incident in which Sheikh Ja'afar died eight months ago.

We either accept it or leave it, there is a very strong
religious sect spranging up in Nigeria who sees the
average ahlussunna as being munafik, and see any
one who supports western education and abide by the
dictates of the constitituion is tagged "tagutu", they
have perpetrated so many actiities in recent times,
especially the Yobe Saga and the little war at the
Gwoza Hills in Borno State.

For me, i think, they are setting up a new agenda to
do away with the vocal ahl sunna ulamas first, for
they pose a great threath to the spread of their
poisonous sects, they are everywhere.

I am comfused, dont know what to advise. please
brothers, what do you understand on this.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

MySeLf

Inna lillahi wa'inna ilaihil raju'un
Allah yajikansa ya gafarta masa, ya jikan iyyayenmu da sauran musulmi..

Abin ba magana sai du'a kawai...
Kuma karkayi mamakin wasu nakusa dashine suka kasheshi..
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

HUSNAA

I also believe that it is as u said DB, a new religious cult. They are the ones that the SSS should hunt down as the real terrorists rather than some innocent bystanders that they make into Alquaeda scapegoats. I think u are absolutely correct.... its got nothing to do with politics or the nigerian government. But this makes it more dangerous, because what they are targetting in effect is the general muslim population. As u said now, they are concentratiing on killing the Malamai whose wa'azi runs contrary to theirs. After the malamai, then it will be prominent muslim citizens who are known to follow one aqaeda or other which runs contrary to this sect's aqaeda. Then it will be the common man on the street whereby one is forced to follow their teachings or be murdered in broad daylight. This is the threat if it is not nipped in the bud ASAP.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

ummita

May Allah forgive his misguidance and shortcomings and grant him eternal bliss.

My problem is the "people" who are attempting and are meant to be rooting out these callous murderers. However, all I keep hearing is the law enforcement and other regulating bodies are dealing with it and will tack them down. And they begin working on a case with full zest but they stop peddling their canoes when the boat begins to rock. That's how it began with the Mallam Ja'afar's investigation, I don't know him much but he was dear to my grandparents. Anyway, what's for show on his case? Nada!

Mrs Rimi, they hired forensics, SSS, police you name it but what was the demonstration of success on the case? Zilch!

Just last month, my friend got married and 3 weeks later, her husband who was at work whose attention was needed outside by some visitors. Immediately he showed up, they shot him dead as a security man watched hidden in silent. Police and other nonentities arrived, caused havoc and confusion at the scenery and said to investigate fully. Any breaking news? Nope!

It is not just Islamic clergy; it's the new thing in town. Once you have one or two enemies your surname is extinction.!!!

How many more bloodsheds before action is being taken?

Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

HUSNAA

Quote from: ummita on December 19, 2007, 05:05:19 AM
Just last month, my friend got married and 3 weeks later, her husband who was at work whose attention was needed outside by some visitors. Immediately he showed up, they shot him dead as a security man watched hidden in silent.

Inna Lillahi Wa inna Ilahi Rajiun.
Ashe kunga tashin hankali! Allah Ya jikan sa. Kai kai kai! Allah Ya rabu da mugayen mutane ameen.
Its as u said also, NOTHING gets done. In the case of these high profile political murders, nothing gets done because the police do unearth who the murderers are, but u find that the cases get nipped in the bud because the perpetrators are presumably above the law.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Allah ya jikan sa. I heard it days after, wallahi, while shi ya jamu sallar juma'a ma a satin. Allah yai mashi rahama.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

May Allah forgive Malam and give his fsmily fortitude to bear this irreparable loss. However, Dan Borno, there are more to this murder of a thing than meet the eye. Pls whenever u have time, we shall meet and discuss in detail. There are things that I may wish to tell that cannot be discussed here. In case u have time pls let me know. Allah ya ji kan Mallam.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Dan-Borno

Amin to your prayers @ Malam.
Jibo, I recommend we go private, and if possible
i dont mind inviting you to Maiduguri or you inviting
me to ? for this purpose.  Ur welcome.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Mallam

Whoever these murderers are, they are not tainting the Glorious name of Islam (which will be forever protected by ALLAH) but bringing the curses of the world and heavens on themselves.
May the souls of the departed Clerics rest in peace.
I pray Allah brings them to justice and bring an end to these calamities they are bringing upon our land.
May Allah in His merciful Benevolence not bring His wrath on our land (Amin)
As for law enforcement, I had no hope in them, i dont have any now and will never have it in the future, they are all abunch of @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!
MAKING SOMEONE HAPPY AND RELIEVING SOMEONE'S SADNESS IS MY EVERYDAY MISSION.
JOIN ME BY HELPING THOSE WHO YOU CAN HELP TODAY!