News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Presenting Hajiya Sa’adatu Barmani Choge – Hausa Traditional Female Musician

Started by admin, January 09, 2008, 06:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abdalla

Quote from: kitkat on January 15, 2008, 01:17:13 AM
Talking about Uwaliya I wonder if prof. has any of her recordings. I was an avid fan of hers when i was in primary school and in my opinion her musical genius surpasses even that of barmani choge, lthough this may be purely sentimental since i ws too young to discern much at that time.
I would love to lay my hands on some of her old classics like wakar paipa( i think she was reffering to money) and others.

I certainly have Uwaliya's archives -- as MP3s too! Not studio quality because I had to convert them from the tape recordings which were not the best of the recordings, but manageable. I will bring the recordings on a CD on Saturday, insha Allah, and give it to you. I will also include Barmani's MP3 archives!

I agree Uwaliya was more accomplished -- I started with her as a kid too and was impressed by her performance. I only came across Barmani's recordings in the early 1990s and became instantly hooked to her lyrics. The two -- Uwaliy and Barmani -- have radically different approaches to the Amada music. While Uwaliya was more anthropological, dealing with cultural and and often political (note her Wakar Murtala), Barmani appeals to younger, bawdier aspect of Hausa female music (note her Yarinya Sha Madarar Lilo)! And, as they say, different strokes for different folks! Me, I would have both of them!

Invitations should be ready about NOW at the BC. So Young Muhsin, PLEASE go to Nom at BC and collect those for Kanoonliners so that they can contact you and collect their own.

Abdalla

bakangizo

Can't we like collect them at the BC? Easier that way than trying to establish contact with muhsin, and arranging where to meet etc.

Muhsin

Quote from: Abdalla on January 15, 2008, 01:45:25 PM
Invitations should be ready about NOW at the BC. So Young Muhsin, PLEASE go to Nom at BC and collect those for Kanoonliners so that they can contact you and collect their own.

Abdalla

Professor, that would really be a big burden for me to shoulder. Think like what Bakan~Gizo said below should be more convinient.
Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on January 15, 2008, 06:57:17 PM
Can't we like collect them at the BC? Easier that way than trying to establish contact with muhsin, and arranging where to meet etc.

Because one of the things that'll certainly make it more difficult is that; most of the members have never even know me physically, let alone where I live. And lots other things.

Any way, thanks Prof. for such kindness and hard-working around the clock. May Allah (SWT) support you, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Fateez

Sounds Wonderful!!! I wish I can make it but the chances are quite slim.

I have seen Barmani Choge perform once and I really loved it! She completely

changed my view on Kidin Kwarya. Well her and this other lady also from

Katsina called Mai Jero. These women are really so funny, entertaining and

their enthusiasm is so contagious! It's going to be wonderful. Tell us how it goes!

:)   :)   :)

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Muhsin

Professor,

Though I said am gonna collect one for myself, but I yesterday recieved request from some members--inactive ones, to go collect IVs for them. Thus, am gonna collect multiple IVs. Notify Nom if possible.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Muhsin

Salam,

I don't know from where to begin because, I fear, as they say to begin is to start from the beginning, which I still couldn't do it. But I hope someone like Gogannaka, Kitkat or Professor himself could do it for, I perfectly know, other forumites are eager to hear of the event's break-down. Already Fateez has had asked of that.

Okay. I really and other members, I believe, had a great day that day. We met, shook hand, chatted, laughed and did many things together with members though few but the scene was memorable. Wish and pray someday we are going to meet all.

On that very unforgetable night, I, Anas, Gogannaka, Prof. Abdallah, Kitkat and Oga kwatakwata Admin saw one anothers' face. How nice! Dadin dadawa; the event was extremely spectacular and well organised. I had never in all my born days feel I like such olden Hausa traditional artists till that night. I even wish I had her songs recording but I have none. :(

Let me stop from here. Have lots to do on the net. I know you'll soon have the concert's review, so don't get...ah. Many thanks to Admin, kitkat, Prof, BC and all that put hand together to make the event as it was. Allah ya taimakemu gabaki daya, amin.

Muhsin

Dan-Borno

This is never enough Yaron Aunty, you need to go into
details of the event, all those attended must put up their
report and observation.  I am eager to reat it.

@ Prof. I will be travelling to Kaduna on Friday and will stop
at Kano to collect my CD version of the event, please you
should drop it with the Admin.

Admin: See above for your information, I will call you when
I am in Kano
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Think no need since you are coming to collect your CD, which I certainly know Prof. would give it to you.