News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

African nations cup (Nigerian Squad)

Started by Anonymous, January 23, 2004, 09:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakangizo

Why is it sad? It is to be expected. Now, Ghana is not that fantastic or solid, but they went on and beat nigeria with ten men, after the red card!  It goes to show how useless that nigerian team is.

Muhsin

Following Bakan~Gizo's words, I now wholly believe with one of my friends's calculation about that game between Super Eagles and Black Stars. He (BKG) was flatly announcing :ten men...!!!" Hmm...thats what they wanna hear Nigerian saying, am teeling you, big bro.

That friend of mine gathered a certain data as; really Africans are under-developed. I asked why? He answered; instead of whats use in in Europe and other world as "home advantage" thats given to host country of a competition, we use another term as "home winning", instead. And no Nigerian would be listen to if he/she complains about that because we were given penelty and one of their player was sent out.

Eventually or rather really, if you take a close look at how the game was played, you could understand that what that guy said is on track. We were denied many throw-ins, corners, fouls and so on, which these ravagely affected our players and be afraid of making any good move to play freely.

But any way, thats how any game is; their must be a winner and a loser. So we're the losers yesterday. No problem. But I won't blame our players. They absolutely played a very good and nice game. Keep it up Eagles. Some day, I hope and pray, you'll fly back with even World Cup!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

A friend of mine when i told him it was a shame having to loose a game when your opponent was 1 man down.
He said that its a lie, the referee played for Ghana,just that he didn't wear their jersey  ;D

ya dan mana fasha gaskiya...that last minute free kick we got,i saw a penalty here.

I would advise glo to fire Bertie right away.
The NFA should form a Nigerian team whose main task will be to play for the country.
Yadda kowa zai tafi office da safe su ma haka za su tafi training da safe.
Sannan kuma they won't be allowed to play for any club, their club will only be super eagles and they will be paid good salary and allowances.
Pay rise will be strictly on performance.
That way they won't go to any tournament and be eager to return to their various clubs in europe thus playing foolishly.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

amira

*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

bakangizo

Yeah, the usual Nigerian/African excuse: the ref didn't favour us. C'mon, get on with it ;D It was a weak team Nigeria sent out there. The ref did not, repeat did not, unduly favour Ghana. So he gives them those little throw-ins and fouls. You guys forgot that at the end of the day, the BIG decisions of the day went to Nigeria. He gave us a penalty (after refusing to award Ghana one, when Shittu fell and handled the ball in the box), and gave them a red card! I know for a fact if the reverse was the case, and Ghana was awarded a penalty and Nigeria given a red card, Nigerians would say the ref was partial, irrespecive of the correctness of the decision. Let me also add that if Ghana had lost, the ghanians would've said the ref favoured Nigeria bcos of the pen and red card.

Muhsin

You made me laugh. Let me put it like this; whats done cannot, I repeat cannot be undone. Black Stars win the game against Nigeria. Thats ALL.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

BKG ai shine dadin kwallon ai.
Si dan kallo ai ba'a yi mishi daidai musamman ma ref.

The easiet way to console yourself is to blame the referee for poor officiation  ;D

I'm ever looking forward to the semi's.
Ivory Coast VS Egypt
Ghana VS Cameroun.

Za ayi gwagwagwa.

Muhsin

Ni dai na yanki Ivory Coast will win this cup. How do you see, goga?

gogannaka

Quote from: Muhsin on February 06, 2008, 11:24:21 AM
Ni dai na yanki Ivory Coast will win this cup. How do you see, goga?

Kash...egypt sun ci copi.

lionger

I had personally hoped for an Ivory Coast triumph. Egypt, though, was easily the best football team in this ANC, and this was obvious from day one. Anything short of an Egypt victory (or at least that of the Ivory Coast), would have been a travesty for the neutral football fan.

As for Nigeria, we were rubbish, and predictably so. Before the ANC I felt that Nigeria's regression in midfield talent, coupled with the usual shoddy preparation for the tourney, would not bode well for an ANC victory. Hence I wasn't surprised to witness the most inane and toothless Nigerian ANC display  in my experience. Though we were quite solid defensively (bar the right flank, from which Nigeria leaked all three ANC goals), our lack of midfleld creativity and atrocious incohesion in the final third was excruciating to watch. Let this be a lesson to us FC (foreign coach) enthusiasts! Dave McEwan's prophecy of doom came true after all.

Egypt's display shows the supremacy of the effective team over big names from Europe, as well as the benefits of a strong local league. We Nigerians will have to accelerate our learning curve, for we are in danger of slipping into football oblivion. We were the worst team in the last eight, and Mali arguably played better football than we did. If such trends continue then there is little guarantee of our presence at the 2010 World Cup. Not that I'd be shedding tears in that eventuality...

gogannaka

Welcome back lionger....been sooooo long.

The Nigerian squad was a real flop.
No wonder they have been renamed super chickens  ;D

lionger

Quote from: gogannaka on February 14, 2008, 12:25:51 AM
Welcome back lionger....been sooooo long.

The Nigerian squad was a real flop.
No wonder they have been renamed super chickens  ;D

Gogan, yes its good to be back oh. It's been a long time, but I popped in now and then to see how things were going. From the looks of things not much has changed. As for Nigeria's football team, 'super chickens' is even too good for them. I've got better chickens in my freezer  ;D. Maybe Super Fowls or something like that..