News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Natinal I.D Card:the hidden agenda

Started by sir-bash, February 22, 2003, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir-bash

The ongoing natinal i.d card registration is an attempt tosubvert the population of the north.its an attempt to massively rig out half of the norths population.this is evident in the timing of the exercise and the criteria for getting registered.it is very wrong to conduct such an exercise when the political system is already hotwith the elections just around the corner.also,the age recquirement of 18yrs rather than 10yrs as stipulated by law shows the intention of those carring out this exercise to manipulate it for other porposes than data collation and documentation.the cumbersome process of registration is also an attempt to frustrate some of our people who are willing to register.there are reported cases inwhich officials deliberately refuse to register women with henna<lalle> on thier fingers on the grounds that the colouring will affect the the fingerprint processing.i think this is very irresponsible considering we just finished celebrating sallah during which most nortern women dyed thier hands with this lalle which akes atleast 5weeks to fade.by and large,the main aim of the proponents of this scheme is to first of all under register the north by reducing our by all means  and then later merge with the voters registerwith the aim of ultimately disenfranchising the north alltogether.therefore brothers and sisters ,we must do everything in our power to make sure we register en masse in other to render thier evil plan invalid.                    ASSALAMU ALAIKUM
owa ya ci Buran Ubanshi

Blaqueen

...wayyo... all dis conspiracy theories....!! when will people STOP living in fear?? ??
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

al_hamza

ya bashir,
ya dai?
na yadda da obasanjo a hada wa mutane national id ........
amma abun da kake fada 2 is very true fa.
its just not time for this shirme.
is he trying to impress or something?and the budget for the id is just tooooo much.
ol boy ana yi mana wayo fa.
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

Blaqueen

paranoia is a very serious damaging disease @ ali hamza.... ;D ok.. maybe its not a disease... but go along with the flow and try to find a way to dodge the "hidden agenda".... (did i even spell paranoia korrectly)

meeh i still say i like the new kano taxis.... :)

lionger

sir-bash,

No offence intended but what on earth are you talking about? couldn't really catch the drift of it..

Rose

aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

Anonymous

National ID card are used as a means of managing the social and economic programs in a country, immigration control, security and crime control.

It’s now an open secret that the Kaduna riot were conducted by non-Nigerian from neighbouring countries like Chad and Niger an ID card will prevent this ever occurring again.

Nigeria criminal are use to using fake name or stolen identity for 419 in Nigeria and aboard a National ID card would prevent this.

A highly density state like Kano needs more resources than a low density state like  Zamfara or Osun ,it would now be easy to administer the distribution of resources appropriately.

Most Nigerian have no post code or zip address so how can we confirm that they are who they are during an election, with a National ID card we would be able to prevent election rigging,   as we their thump print but your security number and picture for verification.

Anyone  afraid of this scheme must have a valid reason, please discuss.

Below is Buhari view on National ID card:

Buhari asks North to boycott ID card scheme
From Saxone Akhaine (Kaduna) and Kodilinye Obiagwu Lagos
UNLIKE the Federal Government which considers the national identity card project a vital peg on which the development of the polity rests, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) dismissed the scheme yesterday as a prop for subjecting the North to injustice.

Thus to Buhari who is the presidential flagbearer of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), Northern politicians are under obligation to reject the scheme which kicked off last week.

The former Head of State spoke yesterday in an interview with the Voice of America (VOA) Hausa Service on the heels of the ANPP's disclosure that it would begin its presidential campaign on March 8.

Explaining why his regime discarded the identity card project which was initiated by his predecessor, the then Head of State, Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd), Buhari disclosed that he saw it as a means of marginalising the Northern part of the country.

According to him, the scheme will present the North as having a low population since a majority of the rural dwellers that do not understand its importance will not participant in it.

Insisting that the ID Card scheme would not benefit the Northerners, he stated that his regime considered it as economic waste and misplaced priority.

Buhari noted that the programme would not only depopulate the North, it would deny millions of Northerners in the rural areas of their citizenship, since a majority of them do not even know the import of the exercise.

Said Buhari: "It is unfortunate that we people don't remember the past or even cast our minds back on the knotty national issues that have affected us in this country. If I say we, I mean we Nigerians generally, and we northerners in particular."

"At that time, I did not kick against the project completely. During our regime we shelved it because of the inherent injustice that would be meted out to a majority of Nigerians. We were vindicated when it was discovered later that it was a white elephant project that gulped colossal financial resources which we earlier foresaw and revoked the contract."

Buhari continued: "I warned the northern politicians then, who were supposed to protect the interest and integrity of the Northerners, not to accept the national identity card project. Because our tradition in the North showed that we know the death and the birth record of our people. In every ward, we know those who have reached the age of paying taxes."

According to him, it is unacceptable for someone to come out with a policy for every Nigerian to possess an "ordinary rubber" to prove that he is a citizen of the country.

To him, a majority of the rural dwellers in the North who are citizens of the country, have no business in the towns, except on market days, to buy salt and other ingredients.

"Therefore, I called on northern politicians not to accept this policy. If they don't kick against it, then it means that they have betrayed the confidence reposed in them. But, we will not agree for any injustice to be meted to us. Not now! We have not reached that stage," he said.

Buhari enjoined Northerners not to allow themselves to be intimidated by the national identity card project, since they are bona fide citizens of this country.

Apparently, as a prelude to the campaign, Buhari and his running mate, Dr. Chuba Okadigbo, will lead a delegation of the party leadership to the burial of Chief Ogbonnaya Uche (OGB), the ANPP senatorial candidate for Orlu Zone who was murdered in Owerri, Imo State.

The initial delay of the campaign has been traced to the absence of Buhari, who was away to Saudi Arabia for this year's pilgrimage.

However, a source close to the Buhari Campaign Organisation said following Buhari's return, an emergency meeting was held in Abuja on Tuesday where it was decided that the campaign should kick off immediately.

Though Buhari was not at the meeting, the campaign co-ordinator said that it was agreed that the campaign would commence from Port Harcourt in the South-South zone and end in Katsina (North West Zone). No immediate reason was given for starting the campaign in the South-South.

The National Secretary of the ANPP, Alhaji Lam El Katuga had told The Guardian in Abuja that the party was yet to work out a definite programme for the campaign.

He said: "We have been planning the Yola rally (North East) and Ibadan (South-West), but right now, the party is yet to decide whether Makurdi or Jos will be the take off point for the North Central rally."

Meanwhile, the secretary of the Buhari Organisation (South-East), Chief Timothy Jideofor Ihemadu, has said that South-east and Abuja co-ordinators of the campaign group are worried at the activities of some members of the party which are capable of jeopardising the chances of the presidential flagbearer.

He said that the campaign co-ordinators "frowned at activities of some of the new entrants into the party, who are being sponsored to destabilise the party"; and warned them to desist from such activities henceforth.

Muhammad

Assalamu Alaikum
I think we do not need a Buhari or the ACF to tell us what to think of the ID card.
Yaushe ne za ace wai abinda zai ensuring cewa order da census is taken more acccurately be some sought of hidden agenda?
Sir-Bash should go to Niger and ask them whether they hold ID's or not?
Secondly, ID card is a way for the govt to glean some very important socio-economic statistical data that would be unthinkable to obtain otherwise.
Lastly, I must say though that the exercise must conducted in a tranparent and professional manner so as not to leave some people unrepresented or disenfranchised.
Bissalam'

Blaqueen

zahir...newmember.. u should juss QUIT and stop showing us how jobless ur life is....ok? ;D

Blaqueen

QuoteIdan da Allah babu wahala Sir-bash.

Amen my Sistah!... that is soooooo true!

Anonymous

Haba! what sort of a Nigeria do we have, people dying of hunger, companies always running at loss. Nothing is getting better since you came. Your target is now to continue. Please allow Nigeria witness a change. Mun gaji da wahala. For god sake, what do you think an ID card will do to improve a poor Nigerian. Please remember your Lord will ask you and forget worldy chunks.

lionger

FDQ don't be lazy and read zahir's long post first b4 u say anything ;D ;D

Anyways I'm not surprised Buhari does not support the ID card thing. What else do you you expect from him? So what, is he afraid that the ID card scheme would expose the relative underpopulation of the north, which everyone in Nigeria knows?

Buhari claims that the rural northerner are illiterate and would be confused, well whose fault is that? Isn't that the sort of system he and other northern politicians have sustained to keep them alive politcally? What about the illiterate southerners? they to would be confused but they would register become its is in their interest.

What is preventing Buhari from mobilising his people to register instead of boycotting the id scheme? This man is definitely not in the best interests of the North, talkless of Nigeria.

A national ID card is costly but important as listed below:

Crime Prevention (419 at home and abroad)
Security
Economic and Social management
Revenue allocation
Immigration both internally and externally
Health, we can now track Nigeria that have picked up AIDS in Italy and isolate them.
Prevents Election Rigging

Blaqueen

ok ok ok.. to stop this whooooole thing... you go gather your family, and your relatives and your neighbors and all of the you's... go and get ID card... haba!
illeterates?... ok, educate them, then it wouldnt be a problem!
People like making something out of nothing...!!!! must u divide the people?!!!!!
If u know u have nothing to hide, why would u feel uncomfortable about it? if u know u do everything "tsakani da Allah"... nothin will happen and anything negative will bounce back!!!!!!

Anonymous

Hm sir-bash we now know what is the real motive behind the ID card it was done to syphone money to individual's,and as fate befall on them anyi amfani dasu sun zama karan farauta yau gashi su ake yankawa. :(