News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

HAVE A LOOK......I COOKED THIS AND THAT!!!!

Started by ummita, April 10, 2008, 08:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

Ok, something fresh! Members...........

I was just sitting when I received a jokey picture message of my favourite soup eaten by aunt. Also someone close to me makes a big fuss and is very picky on food. So rarely, when I buy out, I first take a picture of it and message this along: this is what they have, would you like to eat it?

I know most of you have camera phones and digital cameras...............so get posting. Post your kodak moments on food!!!!

Simply take a picture of the best succulent meal you prepared, or what you enjoy preparing and eating.

I will soon post my picture of the best meal I prepared.
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

ummita

CHICKEN STIR FRY..........

Ingredients:
-Boneless, skinless chicken breast.
-Soy sauce or concentrated chicken stock.
-Brown sugar or honey.
-Vegetable oil, sunflower oil, or olive oil (for those healthy eaters).
-Sesame seeds(optional) (ask for it in kasunwa ridiy) or some fresh corriander.
- Small portions of maggi, salt and chill according to tastes.

Method:

• Cut chicken into thick cubes or strips. For best cooking results use a 'wok', its a lifesaver for stir and quick fry's. Mix soy sauce or stock together with brown sugar or honey with water in wok. Bring to boil, simmer and stir occasionally for about 3mins until sugar/honey dissolves. Turn heat off and pour the mixture in a bowl.
  • Wash or wipe ur wok, just wipe it jare, we still cookin wit aint we? Heat oil and pour in your chopped chicken and briefly stir it over high heat. Reduce the heat and cook chicken until brown. Avoid overcooking for that succulent juicy flavour.
  • Pour your sauce mixture into wok and stir chicken quickly and constantly so that the juices is well coated. Sprinkle over dry-fried or fresh sesame seeds, if using or cut small amount of coriander and sprinkle over for that fresh zest!!!!

Serving tips:
Accompany your chicken chops fry with some boiled rice and steamed green spinach with a glass of chilled drink of your choice.

Dan-Borno

seeking copyright permission to print the above stuff and
take it home, gaskiya kin sani kwadayi  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

waiting for permission.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

ummita

lol, lol, lol..........u r hilarious. Absolutely.............pls help urself. Permission granted. I can see u already have ur drink......salt & even black pepper ready. Wallah Baffa, take it home!

ummita

ROASTIC CHICKEN SOUP..........

Ingridients:
-Tiny lamb stips
-(3) Carrots
-(1) Garlic clove - optional
-(3) baby onions
-(3) tablespoon sunflower/vegetable or olive oil
-(7) skinless chicken things - but with bones
-(2) tablespoon plain flour
-(1) one can of chopped tomato
-(1) can of sweetcorn
- Chicken stock, salt, black pepper & other spices of your choice.

Method

• Peel & chop carrots into cubes, crush garlic and peel onions. Heat oil in pot or casserole dish & add chicken legs. Fry for 6mins over medium heat, remove and set aside.
  • Add peeled but plummed baby onions (do not cut or chop) into seperate heated oil. Sprinkle flour, add chopped carrots and crushed garlic and stir together.
  • Add chopped tomato, chicken stock and return the chicken into the tomato dish and add sweetcorn. Return to boil and season to taste
  • Cover casserole dish with lid (just be careful in not lettin a casserole lid slip and land on ur foot..........the pain)!!!!! Anyway cover and simmer for an hour until vegetable cooks thorougly.

Serving tips
Serve soup on its own or with anything you like perhaps with crusty bread.

ummita

FRESH FRUIT SALAD..................

Ingridients
-Half a teacup of granulated sugar.
-Fresh mint leaves or mint syrup.
-(2) tablespoon lemon juice or fresh lime juice.
-(1) Water melon
-(2) Mangoes
-(3) Oranges
-(3) Green apples
-(1) Bunch of grapes
-(6) Strawberry, raspberry or any other from the 'berry' family

Method
Fruit salad is very easy, its something we can make even whilst sleeping. However, for a more creative and beautified look, one should get a mini ice cream scooper for the little round effects of the fruits.

• Pour half a jug of water in heavy based saucepan, add mint syrup or mint leaves and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat & allow to boil for 5mins. Remove and set aside, and let it stand until cool.
  • Add lemon juice to the cool sugar mixture & stir well. Use a seave to remove any traces of mint leaves
  • For the fruit salad, cut out using your small ice cream scoop the water melon and mangoes for the ball shaped effect and combine with fine strips of your sliced green apples, strawberries and oranges and pour into your salad dish and pour your mixture of mint-syrup & sugar.
  • Let the fruit salad stand for 1 hour or longer........you can sprinkle or garnish it with chopped mint leaves (if desired).

Serving tips
I serve it as desert or starter or when ever I feel fruity. :-\

gogannaka

You got me salivating.

I see some mushrooms in the roastic chicken soup.
God i'm already hungryyyyy!
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

ummita

Cooked something yesterday in a very traditional way even though I hate TRIPE..........but had to prepare it for others........This time around its not the wok dats out of the cupboard but that darn.......pressure cooker!

All necessary ingridients: Yoghurt or tiger nut milk, veg or olive oil, Chilli, tomato, onions, garlic, spring onions, maggi, curry, black pepper & some other spices (bay leave, cinamon seeds & sticks) as shown below.

And finally soups is all done..........oooops cant open it. (She laffs) look at  Kitkat & Gogannaka's mouth already salivating, sofri sofri make wuna no wet shirt wo! Daddy na bude musu tukunyan nan na peppersun Tripe din? ;D

ummita

Am soon gonna land with pictures na tuwo semo.....da miya na kuka and if anyone beats me to the chase, thats cool ;D...............all welcomed........

Ah'ah inyeee, Gogannaka, you sure got it in you too ;)...........You even noticed the mushy's which I obviously forgot mentioning in the ingridient list. Though its hard to find mushrooms in markets except those expensive superstores and meh cant afford it when ever am preparing that soup. I will only drag my purse out & buy mushrooms from those extortionate supermarkets if am having special guests! ;D ;D  otherwise I can do without it. ;D

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: ummita on June 25, 2008, 01:50:53 AM
Am soon gonna land with pictures na tuwo semo.....da miya na kuka and if anyone beats me to the chase, thats cool ;D...............all welcomed........D

Chabdijan!!!! Hajiya goggo mai tuwo kenan! Since when have you started preparing tuwo? Ko wace mace tuka towo take yi ko akan risho, ko akan murhun itace or akan cooker. Mace zatayi talge, sannan ta tuka, sannan yayi malmala, sannan ta kwace ta kai wa maigida ko jama'an taro. Ke ai alamarinki ba dama. News got to us: Wai nace ba, wace mace ce take tafasa ruwan tuwon ta a kettle, sannan ta nemi kwano ta zuba, sanna ta dakko "whisk" tana kada ruwa da garin tuwo, sannan ta jefa a cikin "microwave" 3 minutes wai sai ace "food is ready"!!!! *shame on you* ;D Idan kuma this na lie, let me see since when did you make that post. Sine June, you still havent landed with the tuwo photo. Buhaha ha ha. Wallahi dont even attempt it, karki ba kanki kunya. Inda aka fi auki, sai girke-girken kale-kale. Like one rice you prepare last year kaman wani interior deco. I didnt even know how we were suppose to eat it or what cutteleries to use. Ga yunwa ya ishe ni a ranar. But that food was tast.

Madam, that reminds me. Ina kwanuka na? Tun last year! My caserole dish is with you aswell. >:( Don Allah, a dawo mun dasu. Daga kai abinci a ciki, sun makale. Smo smo abeg ;D

Ewwwwwww >:( (Tripe or "Towel" as I like to call it). I hate tha kind of meat. Abu kaman rubber!

What you see is what you get[/b]

ummita

Quote from: Hafsy_Lady on November 22, 2008, 03:36:40 PM
Chabdijan!!!! Hajiya goggo mai tuwo kenan! Wai nace ba, wace mace ce take tafasa ruwan tuwon ta a kettle, sannan ta nemi kwano ta zuba, sanna ta dakko "whisk" tana kada ruwa da garin tuwo, sannan ta jefa a cikin "microwave" 3 minutes wai sai ace "food is ready"!!!! *shame on you* ;D Idan kuma this na lie, let me see since when did you make that post. Sine June, you still havent landed with the tuwo photo. Buhaha ha ha. Wallahi dont even attempt it, karki ba kanki kunya.

Madam, that reminds me. Ina kwanuka na? Tun last year! My caserole dish is with you aswell. >:( Don Allah, a dawo mun dasu. Daga kai abinci a ciki, sun makale. Smo smo abeg ;D

Kin dawo kenan!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Wallahi, I am taking this on a real personal level. Why you mocking my tuwo processing method?  >:( >:( >:( Hafsy for your own info even Quaker Oats I do it in the microwave! Indomie, I do it in the microwave! Custard, I do it in the microwave! You wont understand when extreme urgency calls for this especially when you have no time!!!  >:( >:( >:(............Am sure some of the girls here too have made tuwo in microwaves, perhaps Mufi?

Wallahi you've just motivated me to attempt making waina in a microwave. Thats my task for this wkend if time permits!

About your caserole dish..........dont make me bring up my very exhausted list of my stuff at urs  ;D

Peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee put up your food pics plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks.

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: ummita on November 24, 2008, 10:18:18 PM
Kin dawo kenan!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Wallahi, I am taking this on a real personal level. Why you mocking my tuwo processing method?  >:( >:( >:( Hafsy for your own info even Quaker Oats I do it in the microwave! Indomie, I do it in the microwave! Custard, I do it in the microwave! You wont understand when extreme urgency calls for this especially when you have no time!!!  >:( >:( >:(............Am sure some of the girls here too have made tuwo in microwaves, perhaps Mufi?
Yar fillo kenan. Sannan idan ance yanfillo akwai wauta, kuce ba haka ba. ;D ;D ;D None of the ladies make tuwo in microwave. Acknowledge that!!!!

Quote from: ummita on November 24, 2008, 10:18:18 PMAbout your caserole dish..........dont make me bring up my very exhausted list of my stuff at urs  ;D
>:( >:( :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
What you see is what you get[/b]

ummita

THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(