News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

SMOKING IN ISLAM

Started by kofa, February 12, 2004, 11:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kofa

pls muslim brothers n sisters we all know that it's a sin to take anything that will harm your life.And we all know that smoking affect our life.it's also prove by doctors.Now is it HARAM in islam or not.
n GOD i trust

Dante

Smoking is a sin!

But people sin all the time without knowing what they've done!
E.G the greatest sin people do nowadayz do is GOSSIPING!!!

GOSSIPING is now very common in many societies & homes!
if you are not a good GOSSIPER, people would take you as
someone who is...

Akwai inda Annabi muhammad (S.A.W) yace: Mutum ya
zama tabarmar dakinsa!

Wannan magana ce mai ma'ana ga mai hankali! think of it, carefully!

kofa

i 100% agree with u.but if am not mistaking i know where u r heading to ko? its a sin dai babu kyau.thats what u mean Dante?
n GOD i trust

Dante

Guduma

Why pick on smoking only? What about adultery, drinking, fornication, backbiting, sodomy, lesbianism, cheating etc? I think non smokers are only being hard on smokers!

ummita

Yes, it is a sin!

Who said so Dante? Smokin is a Sin? Really?

In my own point of view I dnt think it is. Smokin can be categorised in two classes right or wrong?
Theres wat ppl smoke wit different brands Rothmans, ?Benson & Hedges, Camel, Capri, infact harda Shisha xcetra xcetra. Howeva wat I cud term as haram in smokin dem things lyk Dope, Weed, Cannibis,Ganja, Tranqullisers, Liquids (petrol & stuff). Now those r d sort of smokin... ish that is haram. Those can remove a person from his right mental capacity, it removes people from their actual state of mind & puts them into a sumswhat state like automatism, so these ppl do bad things in dat state, kill,rob, vandalise & lots more nt 2 mention d internal harm they duin 2 their health. The consequences of d result-end of d acts dat ppl fynd demselves upon after smoking these things is wat makes it haram! Therefore, without reasonable doubt our religion forbids them.

YES!! SMOKING CIGGARETTES DOES HAV SIDE EFFECTS (HEALTHWISE) YES IT DOES INTERNAL HARM BT I HAVENT HEARD FROM ALIMS OR READ ANY HADITH DAT SAID THOSE WHO SMOKE CIGARRETTE ARE SINNERS OR IT IS A SIN TO SMOKE!.....

Personally I do not support smokin bt it doesnt mean dat we shud regard those who do it as sinners or d mere fact that it is a sin! Plz those wit more knowledge cum 4ward, I really wanna know......Dante xplain further plz bt as Guduma said there r beta things 2 worry about.
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Fulanizzle

SaLAM...

THERE IS A HADITH THAT SAYS.....ANYTHING THAT DESTROYS THE HEALTH BODY OR MIND IS HARAM...

SOOOOOOOO  SMOKING IS A DEFINITE HARAM.....ALTHOUGH MANY PEOPLE DONT REALIZE THIS....

PLUS IT KILLS THE BREATH MAN!
)

Dante

Who said so Dante? Smokin is a Sin? Really?
I really wanna know......Dante xplain further plz bt as Guduma said there r beta things 2 worry about.

I could'nt remember actually wether it's in the Qur'an i read
this or hadith, cause i have'nt been reciting now 4 quite a
while.
It saids:? ? ?"ALMUBAZZIRINA KANU MINA SHAITAN..."

Meaning who does things unnecessary(like wasting of money)
is like being a member to the shaitan.

Also, The way i c Smoking, is just like burning money, as in just roling a ?5 quid and light it & smoke! there is no difference with doin so. is there ?

Dante

SaLAM...

THERE IS A HADITH THAT SAYS.....ANYTHING THAT DESTROYS THE HEALTH BODY OR MIND IS HARAM...

SOOOOOOOO ?SMOKING IS A DEFINITE HARAM.....ALTHOUGH MANY PEOPLE DONT REALIZE THIS....

PLUS IT KILLS THE BREATH MAN!

Thnx 4 da hadith, Jazakallahu Khairah.

Dante

QuoteWhy pick on smoking only? What about adultery, drinking, fornication, backbiting, sodomy, lesbianism, cheating etc? I think non smokers are only being hard on smokers!

Thank you very much guduma for asking this Q, I'm glad to crack down & enlighten people somethin bout fornication.

There are People who are furnicating every day & night, & they believe what they are doing is HARAM! Everyday they pray and ask god for forgiveness. God will forgive them cause he is the All FORGIVER. (GAFURUR RAHIM)

And there are also people who are furnicating & they don't know they are furnicating & don't ask God to forgive them! These people TO ME are LOST.

If you've heard of this greatest scholar & Sheikh of the Tijjaniyya brotherhood. Before he died, He said to other fellow brothers that:
Members of this brotherhood should not invite CIGARETTE SMOKERS into the brotherhood!
But Drinkers, lesbians, furnicators..... are all allowed to join this brotherhood except SMOKERS!

A scholar stood up & asked him: Ya sheikh, why would we allow these furnicators into the brotherhood & wount allow a CIGARETTE SMOKER who does less HARAM than them ?

He said: All muslim furnicators; Drinkers, gays, lesbians...... all of them believe what they are doing is HARAM! And most of them pray and ask him (GOD) for forgiveness. But SMOKERS don't think what they are doing is HARAM! But they are really furnicating every hour & don't know that they are furnicating! And not all of them ask god to forgive them for SMOKING!

So you see the difference.

Ustazu's, What's u'r opinions to this ?

Dante

Hafsy_Lady

WHERE EXACTLY DOES IT SAY SHAN SIGARI HARAM NE............? ??? I HAVE ATTENDED QUITE ALOT OF ISLAMIC SEMINARS AND FORUMNITIES ALSO QUITE A FEW DISCUSSIONS CAME UP ABOUT THE DOUBT THAT PEOPLE HAVE IN RELATION TO CIGARRETTE SMOKING AND MANY ALIMS PROVIDED THAT SHAN CIGARIN BA HARAM BANE ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT RIGHT TO SMOKE.......
AS MY HONEE COMBS UMMITA MENTIONED...........SMOKING POT AKA WEED........ IS A DEFINATE HARAM BUT ORDINARY CIGAR IT DOESNT REALLY SPECIFY IN THE QURAN, THOUGH THERE ARE SOURCES THAT WE COULD ALL WELL RELATE THAT SMOKING DAMAGES HEALTH AND DUE TO THAT FACT IT MIGHTTTTTTT NOT BE PERMISSABLE IN ISLAM BUT ON THE WHOLE IT IS NOT UNISLAMIC NEITHER IT IS A SIN!
What you see is what you get[/b]

Dante

QuoteWHERE EXACTLY DOES IT SAY SHAN SIGARI HARAM NE............? ??? I HAVE ATTENDED QUITE ALOT OF ISLAMIC SEMINARS AND FORUMNITIES ALSO QUITE A FEW DISCUSSIONS CAME UP ABOUT THE DOUBT THAT PEOPLE HAVE IN RELATION TO CIGARRETTE SMOKING AND MANY ALIMS PROVIDED THAT SHAN CIGARIN BA HARAM BANE ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT RIGHT TO SMOKE... ? ?

Islamically, anything that one does & it damages health is
HARAM! This includes Smoking (weather cigaratte, wee,
bob-marley, scunk or wateva).

Anyway, we now all agree that smoking is HARAM From all
different points of views we've see, right ?

? ?Now, let's talk about eating KOLA NUT (Goro)?

I see this as HARAM as well, if ya'all agree cigarette is HARAM!

It's more less like a fruit, mostly consumed by old people.
It does'nt sets u free from hunger when u eat a whole
bag of it, it damages ones health SERIOUSLY like how
cigaratte does or even more than.

Wat du u fink ?

Dante

Fateez

I see this as HARAM as well, if ya'all agree cigarette is HARAM!

It's more less like a fruit, mostly consumed by old people.
It does'nt sets u free from hunger when u eat a whole
bag of it,
it damages ones health SERIOUSLY like how
cigaratte does or even more than.

Wat du u fink ?

~*Salaam*~,

Hmm, Dante U 've started anoda one? Kola nut? Haram? I don't think so,I don't think a person can eat a whole bag of kola at a go.In fact a normal person might only eat less than 1/2 a nut in a day. Some people have gud reasons for eating kola. Many people get disgusted easily, and need to take a tiny piece of kola to prevent them from throwing up. Tell me, isn't it doing a gud thing for them? If u had a choice, either u take a piece (very tiny piece) of kola or u end up puking for the whole day, which one will u pick (Tsakani da Allah)?
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain