News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

LIFE IN THE CAMP (NYSC)

Started by abeeda, June 06, 2008, 11:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abeeda

Hi
Dont know if this topic has been discussed b4 but how about every one give a little of their camp experience

Dan-Borno

abeeda kenan, lallai nysc tayi dadi that is why you want
us tto discuss nysc here ko?

as for me - i havent been opportuned to attend any nysc
programme, by the time i graduated from the university
they said i am overdue for nysc, kuma wallahi difference
na watanni ne kawai.  While filling the nysc form so many
people reduced their dates of birth, but i felt why should
i lie about my age, so i filled the form with my correct date
of birth - so that is how i missed an opportunity to serve
my country - i heard that its very interesting ko?

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

Quote from: abeeda on June 06, 2008, 11:59:18 AM
Hi
Dont know if this topic has been discussed b4 but how about every one give a little of their camp experience

How about you tell us your camp expy first.

Muhsin

Thats true, BKGZ. Abeeda tell us yours first.
Amma fa, count me out; I haven't yet finished my first degree to even thing of NYSC camp sis. LOL :D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

She needs not give her experience first ai.If you have the experience then sharing won't be any harm ai.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

abeeda

salam
I wld not mind sharing but contrary to wat you said , bai yi dadi ba coz it is so unislamic with alot of immoralities, anyway in camp I belonged to a group of ppl called OTONDOS a name given to lazy corpers that dont take part in camp activities so while others were known for bein active I was known for doin nothing, thank God were I did ma camp we were given the oppurtunity to get exeat and go home, but I MADE LOTS OF FRIENDS AND SAW SO MANY DIFFERENT CHARACTERS ie i got to see the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Muhsin

Thats what many ex-corpers tell, Abeeda, expecially those from this north-north region. And more have good islamically oriented parental upbringing just like you, I presume. A chigaba da kiyayewa! Allah yasa a gama lafiya
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Muhsin, take the abu out of yr name. You cant be yr own father.
Secondly, stop sounding too ingratiating....
Its  not the fault of the NYSC institution that there are bad eggs. Every community has them.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

I would say i had so much fun in my own NYSC camp.
If i had my way i would re-live those 3 weeks.
It was Fun and i enjoyed it.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

Quote from: abeeda on June 14, 2008, 04:24:54 PM
bai yi dadi ba coz it is so unislamic with alot of immoralities

Abeeda, what do you expect in this type of system?
kawai kema ki dulmuya ki bace a cikin su.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on June 15, 2008, 06:32:33 PM
Muhsin, take the abu out of yr name. You cant be yr own father.

Yeah...I can't be that. But, as I once said, every action done by anybody won't(likely) be done without any justification. Yes, so this one also. If you could remember I said it some where on this board that because of the fondeness I have for my name--Muhsin, I will, by Allah's grace, name my first son after it. Thats the reason, Aunty.

Quote from: HUSNAA on June 15, 2008, 06:32:33 PM
Secondly, stop sounding too ingratiating....

That was unintentional. And I'll, inshaAllah, try to avoid it next time. Thanks.

Quote from: Dan-Borno on June 16, 2008, 06:10:56 PM
Quote from: abeeda on June 14, 2008, 04:24:54 PM
bai yi dadi ba coz it is so unislamic with alot of immoralities

Abeeda, what do you expect in this type of system?
kawai kema ki dulmuya ki bace a cikin su.

Haba DB??? You must be kidding, huh? Amma... :o :o :o

abeeda

salam,
haba DB so if I cant join beat them I shld join them abi? I dont agree wit you, but the good thing is if the muslims show solidarity the officials back off and allow them to practice their deen as expected.