News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Kano Pillars make history!!

Started by bakangizo, May 27, 2008, 02:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakangizo

Na wa for una >:( ::) We win league, but all you guys are talking about is european football. Oya, make una join hand to congratulate Pillars for making history as the first northern team to win the Nigerian Premier League. ;D An event I witnessed in person. Even though I suffer small for the stadium, as I dey inside the stadium since 1.00pm, I wouldn't have missed it.

Dan-Borno

i am not a football fan, however, i go happy if you
narrate how you suffer in that stadium volume by
volume.  for which side you siddon? anyima hayaki
sosai ko?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

Ai tsoron hayakin yasa naki shiga 'popular side' ;D Amma na sha rana, ga kishirwa. Imagine perching, cos there's no available seat even as early as 1.00pm, for 3 hours waiting for action to begin. You have to beg, push, shove, shout and swear at ppl for a 10cm sq space to perch on ;D Ga rana, ga wuyar samun ruwan sha. But for ppl like us veterans of stadia hustle and bustle, it's all familiar and exciting.

neozizo

Gaskiya na ji kunya!
KP Congrats!!

U really where @ the history making evnt BK? ;D ;D

Pity u weren't @ KP Vs Eyimba FA Cup 1/4 final match @ Abuja National stadium yday,
The kanawas displayed unchampion like conduct and got fined plus the match was ruled in favour of Eyinba today as a result.........

Maybe we are justified for lack-lustre intrest in Nigerian League.

bakangizo

You are right about ppl not being interested in the domestic league. Too many shady practices, corruption, hooliganism etc.  That match btw Pillars and Enyimba clearly epitomises the problems in the Nigerian league. Everyone can see that the goal scored by Enyimba was a hand-ball. The ref accepted it even though the linesman raised up his flag. Well, the travelling fans could not just stomach it. The rest is history ;D

neozizo

Hey i heard somthing like KP will be playing against ManU & Portsmouth in an invitational tourney in Abj!!!
Na true?

gogannaka

Quote from: neozizo on June 21, 2008, 06:34:44 PM
Hey i heard somthing like KP will be playing against ManU & Portsmouth in an invitational tourney in Abj!!!
Na true?
That is just rumours.

They made yet another history by winning the maiden edition of Super 8 Soccer Competition organised by the Nigeria Football League (NFL) to round off the football season.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Quote from: neozizo on June 21, 2008, 06:34:44 PM
Na true?

Thats not just rumours! LOL GGNK! Haven't you heard of it? Surprised.

Well...the story goes like this;

The two world giants club--ManU and Portsmouth, decided by the UK FA, are to play their Charity Match at Abuja National Stadium. Nigeria is selected to be the first country outside England to host this match. They say it'd be going around, I think, Commonwealth countries. And Nigeria because of Kanu and Yakubu as players of Porstmouth and more other reasons is selected.

Its arranged, after playing their match, to have a friendly match with one yet unnamed Nigerian Premier League club. This clud would be selected via votes by (their)fans in Nigeria. But this is not what ManU and Portsmouth said, amma kabilancine kawai na 'yan kudu for they know our ppl don't have awareness to perform this task. Su yadda labari ya ce sunce; they wanna play the winner of NPL, i.e Kano Pillars.

Wish our ppl would be enlighten on that.

Congrats to K-Pillars for making another history yesterday!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Interesting news.
How much will the tickets cost and when will it hold?

neozizo

Yeah They Did it Again!!!!!!!
UP PILLARS

Quote from: MushinBut this is not what ManU and Portsmouth said, amma kabilancine kawai na 'yan kudu for they know our ppl don't have awareness to perform this task. Su yadda labari ya ce sunce; they wanna play the winner of NPL, i.e Kano Pillars.

Lalle kuwa muna da matsaloli

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on June 23, 2008, 01:50:52 PM
Interesting news.
How much will the tickets cost and when will it hold?

I actually don't know how much that will cost because as they break the story, there is nothing about the ticket stuff. And, the action will take place between 23rd July to 28th. Thats all I know.
Quote from: neozizo on June 24, 2008, 07:51:02 PM
Yeah They Did it Again!!!!!!!
UP PILLARS

Quote from: MushinBut this is not what ManU and Portsmouth said, amma kabilancine kawai na 'yan kudu for they know our ppl don't have awareness to perform this task. Su yadda labari ya ce sunce; they wanna play the winner of NPL, i.e Kano Pillars.

Lalle kuwa muna da matsaloli

To, neozizi, how can we avoid that? Think by telling or rather campaigning the issue via medias and other publicising vassels. Its now left for the fans association to carry-on the job, huh?

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Ashe Muhsin u dey follow local league? Good. I think it will be a mini-miracle for Pillars to be selected to play either Manure or Bakin-Tukunya, given the inclination of the organisers. In any case, I planned on going, provided the tickets price range is not more than two to five thousand. ;D

Muhsin, kindly keep us updated on the situation!

bakangizo

Well, it has been announced that Pillars will play Pot-mouth on Saturday. I really would have loved to go, but it will be very tight for my office schedules. I only hope say those ppl no go come disgrace Pillars for field. U know dat kind 7-0  ;D

bakangizo

Well, at least it wasn't 7-0, though 5-0 isn't far behind. It was a good game, Pillars did the best they could, kept the ball well, but showed naivety in attack and defence. At the end of the day, the match highlighted the BIG gap that exist between Nigerian league and the EPL.

gogannaka

Redknapp admitted that they played excellently.
Kanu said they played like Brazil.
4 of their regular players did not play either.
Congrats to them.Unfortunately there wasn't enough publicity so there wasn't a very huge turnout.
The organisers of the tourney are putting kano in the choice areas where the event will be taking place.