News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

People intoxicated with Duniya

Started by Bagumel, March 22, 2004, 09:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bagumel

Ayahasabul Insana an yutruka suda.Thinketh ?man that he is to be left aimless. Well this is what people may be thinking
putting forward some philosophical arguments with the intention to dissuade others from the truth as they say it is bitter but we have to say it whether we like it or not.Remember ?we passed long period ?of time in which we were unremembered so tommorow ?if we are buried in the grave ?we would be forgotten.Rivalry in worldly increase distracteth you until you arrive in the grave.Without going into details I would like only to quote some qaseda regarding
death and the reality of Insan after his demise.It would only benefit those who want take benefit otherwise ?the unmindful Ghaafeel remains heedless in his usual negligence.The ?qaseda started describing ?who is a real traveller as not the one who is going from place to place such as from Kano to Zaria but the real traveller is the traveller going towards the grave with kafanto an unfamiliar strange place with insufficient provision to his or her destination i.e the ?Akhirah. The Poem continues thus:
Alas! how many faults which were committted in negligence have been noted as story of the past and how many pains have remained in my heart as blazing flames to burn me. Leave me ?so that I May lament over myself and pass my life in worry and concern.Itseems as if the following scene is before my eye: I'm lying dead on my death bed surrounded by my family and their hands are turning my sides.Yes the following scene is also before me:people have gathered to lament and cry over me,the announcement of my death has been made and I'm being addressed as the deceased.A doctor
was brought for my treatment but today I do not see the doctor benefitting me.Shortly my soul will be removed in the agonies of death and my saliva will turn bitter during the final moments of my life.The agonies of death have intensified upon me and death without any gentleness or ease has extracted my soul from every vein.My soul was extracted and my body lay motionless amidst my family.Their hands were turning me from side to side.My familiy closed my eyes,tied a cloth around my jaw after disparity they immediately went to purchase my kafan. The person who loved me the most hastened towards the place of ghusl preparing to give me ghusl.Immediately placing me on the board reserved for the dead some people started giving me ghusl. water ?was thrown over me,I was ?washed thrice and people were told " bring the kafan".The Qaseda continued with description of this journey
thus:
Alas! Now they have taken me from the world on a journey without any provision which will convey me (to my destination)
Continuing in the same vain the Qaseda described how a person is carried towards his final destination after janaza prayer which was described in a beautiful manner thus:
A salah without ruku or sajdah was performed upon me so that
Allah Taala May shower His Mercy upon me.Slowly they lowered me into the grave and one person placed me into the Lahd (the hollow portion of Qabr).He uncovered my face to see me for the last time.He shed tears and kissed me.In the darkness of my grave none were present neither my mother nor my father no my brother to make feel at ease.This solitude this darkness,this horror was a small calamity when all of a sudden my eyes winessed a dreadful scene. Describing
the apearance of the two Angels Munkar and Nakir, " Their dreadfulness has rendered me senseless".They seated ?me strictly demanded me to answer their questions.Oh Allah besides You there is none to grant me salvation.Wallahi!
Subhanallah what a beautiful quotation of the reality of Akhirah.The qasedah continues to describe what happens after a person is buried and people are back home.They would be busy in rabon gado as it says. Back home my familiy divided my estate and the burden of my sins fell on my back.My wife took to another husband and made him the head of the house and goods.She made her son the servant and attendent of her new husband and my wealth became permissible for them gratis.Oh people of the world Don't be deceived by the beuty and glitter of the World.Carefully reflect what it has done to the wife children and home.Reflect on those who have hoarded the whole World! The poem concluded with a warning to the Nafs to abstain from disobedience so as to earn the beautiful pleasure of Allah and His Mercy.May Allah shower his Mercy and Blessings on the Ummah we turn to the right path and show us truth as truth and give us the ability to follow it and show us falsehood as false and give us the ability to shun it.Waakhiri Daawana Anil Hamdu Lillahi Rabbil Alamin.
Mai kaunarku kuma Dan Uwanku Cikin Musulunci da ko yaushe ke begen yi muku Nasiha don tanadin Lahira.

Abubakar Babandi Gumel

Bagumel

I deliberately decided to give this title intoxicated with Duniya
as ?I see the manner and the way people are going about their businesses which make them busy totally unmindful and unconcerned about Deen.All the brothers and Sisters who are sincerely helping and ?contributing towards the developmental ?progress of our Deen are unfortunately not being patronised by the so called intellectuals who prefer to adopt a sort of laisser-faire attitude about Islam,unlike one Malam who is so courageous defending Baatil against Haq which no body bothers ?as to which one should triump.To the so called care-free Forumites Deen is problemtic and therefore  don't want be involved especially now they are scared of being branded "YanTa'adda. They want freedom not Deen therefore they would be happy not to talk about it they would rather enjoy eating the flesh of brothers and sisters backbiting and slandering them in secret and public as they too much  love Deen like Sayyidana Umar and therefore should  be shunned which  has become the norm.Alas Alas unfortunately if somebody brings ?Duniya topic forward people would quickly jump as secular defenders haters of Sharia in secret by giving their best contributions to such topics until all points were exhausted. As for Islam alas they make fun of it and even quote some Ayah of Quran only for jest to make people laugh and the initiator of the topic a laughing stock.All we could say to such people let them fear Allah in open and secret at the same time check their conscience ?and see whether it was meant to please Allah sincerely or  for mere show only as usual to entertain the audience.Lets reiterate and make it clear that anything done not for the pleasure of Allah however alluring it may seem is a waste of time instead of bringing ?His Rahmah it may bring the opposite ie. His wrath We seeke refuge in Allah against following ?the Nafs Although we say Iyyaka Na'budu Wa Iyyaka nastaeen.Thee alone We Worship and from Thee We ?seek help. Unfoirtunately we worship our Nafs and seek help from others who are also helpless like us. All this is due to Duniya and love of Duniya.Drinking
wine or alcohol as we know is Haram.A person is likely to make taubah and sincerely repent whe he becomes sober.But when a person is drunk with the wine of Duniya he feels so elated and becomes boastful which leads him to pride and ends up living in his own dream world.He is unlikely to become sober as he is surrounded by sycophants who are in the same boat with him. Therefore if anybody talks of the Hereafter like a drunkard he may not know what that person is talking about unless Allah gives him taufiq.So we pray Allah to save us from the intoxication of both the real wine and the wine of Duniya.
Duniya and Akhirat have got their children so it is better to be one of the children of Akhirat than to be that of Duniya.All the Prophets Sahabas ?Auliyas and other righteous God fearing persons were all sons and daughters of Akhirah.Fir'aun Karun,Abu Jahal and their likesl Lovers of Duniya are it's children May allah save us from the attraction of Duniya as they say all that glitters are not gold.As one Hadith has pointed out to the near meaning if you see somebody being praised in the public  you should put dust in the mouth of the praiser. Wa Akhiri Da'awana Anil Hamdu Lillahi Rabbil Alameen.
B.A.Gumel