News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

The Trial of Mamman Vatsa - The Full and Complete Story

Started by maxsiollun, August 17, 2008, 03:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxsiollun

For those that are interested, a recap and analysis of the trial of Mamman Vatsa.  The next part will have an in depth analysis of the events that led to his execution and events inside the death row chamber.

HUSNAA

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Interesting piece max.
Some people believe Vatsa s still alive and living in India.I had a friend who swore that someone he knew saw Vatsa in India.

I read your post about the Umaru Dikko abduction. Do you think the Nigeran Intelligence agency can do such a daring operation now?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I was a good friend of Wing Commander Ben Ekele, a fine and intelligent gentleman and very honest. I well remember us both playing for Kano in a rugby match in Zinder in Niger. He was deeply concerned about the growing corruption in the Military Government which he believed had reneged on its reasons for taking power in the first place. He served in Kano for many years but had moved to a command position at Jos or Makurdi before his arrest.
He was executed.
maigemu

maxsiollun

Thanks for the response. In Nigeria there are always all sorts of conspiracy theories - some far fetched and some plausible. As for Vatsa still being alive, the second part of this article will feature eyewitness testimony from people present inside the death row wing.  When you read the next part of this Vatsa article, it will hopefully shed definitive light on Vatsa's current whereabouts.

As for Dikko, the advent of democracy means that Nigerian govts now have to behave in a more responsible way. That kind of gung ho daring operation would not be attempted these days as the implications of it would be very serious for Nigeria. Military leaders would not blink at trying something like that, but civilians would likely manage a similar crisis with diplomacy and negotiations.

http://maxsiollun.wordpress.com/

Quote from: gogannaka on August 17, 2008, 07:28:14 PM
Interesting piece max.
Some people believe Vatsa s still alive and living in India.I had a friend who swore that someone he knew saw Vatsa in India.

I read your post about the Umaru Dikko abduction. Do you think the Nigeran Intelligence agency can do such a daring operation now?

maxsiollun

Ben Ekele was one of Nigeria's finest fighter pilots.  He was actually a member of Babangida's presidential pilots fleet and an expert fighter pilot in the Russian made MIG-21 jets in Nigeria's air force fleet. Expertise of that nature is hard to come by.

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on August 17, 2008, 11:23:50 PM
I was a good friend of Wing Commander Ben Ekele, a fine and intelligent gentleman and very honest. I well remember us both playing for Kano in a rugby match in Zinder in Niger. He was deeply concerned about the growing corruption in the Military Government which he believed had reneged on its reasons for taking power in the first place. He served in Kano for many years but had moved to a command position at Jos or Makurdi before his arrest.
He was executed.

maxsiollun

It includes eyewitness testimony from inside his execution chamber and detail regarding how IBB actually tried to save his life.

gogannaka

Interesting story.
It must have been a very tough decision for IBB to have ordered the execution of his childhood friend.
I wonder how he feels now.
But if vatsa had succeeded(i.e if he was really planning a coup) he might have done the same to IBB.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo