News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

WAEC results released ... 83% of students failed

Started by sheriff 05, September 27, 2008, 08:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

amira

*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Muhsin

Innalillahi wa Inna Ilaihir raji'un! :o

Don Allah help me with views; where the failing true lies? The student? Or the board? What actually happened?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

Wannan isnt a funny issue jama'a.

what is true lies kuma Muhsin? we have been discussing
this issue times without number in this forum that the
value and quality of our educational system is seriously
deteriorating at an alarming rate.

even those schools who make the best WAEC results
everybody knows how they get to that ladder - its by
cheating.  Neither the teachers nor the students are
ready to teach or learn as the case may be.

our government lacks wisdom and will to revamp the
educational sector simply because their children are been
happily educated somewhere around the globe.  This result
is a true reflection of the teachings in our secondary school
and a deliberate action by the central and state govts.

we truely need to revolutionize our country either by hook
or crook (i dont know what it means) but we need to change
everything.

the north will be affected most.  Allah save us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dan-Borno on October 02, 2008, 09:31:43 AM
Wannan isnt a funny issue jama'a.

what is true lies kuma Muhsin? we have been discussing
this issue times without number in this forum that the
value and quality of our educational system is seriously
deteriorating at an alarming rate.

even those schools who make the best WAEC results
everybody knows how they get to that ladder - its by
cheating.  Neither the teachers nor the students are
ready to teach or learn as the case may be.

our government lacks wisdom and will to revamp the
educational sector simply because their children are been
happily educated somewhere around the globe.  This result
is a true reflection of the teachings in our secondary school
and a deliberate action by the central and state govts.

we truely need to revolutionize our country either by hook
or crook (i dont know what it means) but we need to change
everything.

the north will be affected most.  Allah save us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem DB make I jus say that I consider u part of the problem. Ai irin abinda muke fada kenan tuntuni with bad leadership and an imposed government on the hapless masses, yet u tended towards an 'if u cant beat them join them' attitude. Mun ce a kawo mana irin su Janar Buhari, but u guys treat him as an implacable enemy. Ko BKG ma had a grouse with the Janar bcos he said that the janar was implacable. Yana da taurin kai. That trait and attribute is exactly what we require in an iron fisted leader..something which Nigeria direly needs. Amma saboda bai saci billioyi ba kamar su 'O'O da 'O'O kowa ya bi ya raina shi. To these are the dividends of the type of democracy that we have. Sai mu koka wa kanmu ba wani ba >:(

Muhsin

This very attitude of many Nigerians surprise me almost always. We instantly attribute ALL our problems and shortcomings to can kokoluwa--Mr. President. I'm not pro any living Nigerian politician, yet I well feel that is not what is better for us. Think again my good K-Online people, Husnaa inclusive. Ai matsalarmu ta wuce nan. As aptly says one Ghanian novelist (as the title of his famous book): The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born. Yeah... thats also a clear description of our contemporary Nigeria. No isntitution or class of people is spared.We are ugly, spritually. We (either we like this or not) have problem. We have problem.

Reagrding this massive failure of WAEC, I come to agree that both the students, teachers and of course the board have themselves all to blame. Me yasa suka bari tayi 'leaking' tun farko? Ya akain tayi leaking din? Me yasa za su tsaurara wajen marking under the facade of mantaining the so-called (its) STANDARD! Haba jama'a...let us not decieve our dear self. Wallahi kasar nan sai gyaran Allah kawai. Allah uban giji Ka gyara mana, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: Muhsin on October 04, 2008, 01:26:26 PM
This very attitude of many Nigerians surprise me almost always. We instantly attribute ALL our problems and shortcomings to can kokoluwa--Mr. President. I'm not pro any living Nigerian politician, yet I well feel that is not what is better for us. Think again my good K-Online people, Husnaa inclusive. Ai matsalarmu ta wuce nan. As aptly says one Ghanian novelist (as the title of his famous book): The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born. Yeah... thats also a clear description of our contemporary Nigeria. No isntitution or class of people is spared.We are ugly, spritually. We (either we like this or not) have problem. We have problem.

Reagrding this massive failure of WAEC, I come to agree that both the students, teachers and of course the board have themselves all to blame. Me yasa suka bari tayi 'leaking' tun farko? Ya akain tayi leaking din? Me yasa za su tsaurara wajen marking under the facade of mantaining the so-called (its) STANDARD! Haba jama'a...let us not decieve our dear self. Wallahi kasar nan sai gyaran Allah kawai. Allah uban giji Ka gyara mana, amin.

Sorry  Mr Muhsin to upset u with an unpalatable truth. In kana so ka kashe maciji ka sare kansa ko ba haka ba? If u want order in all aspects of yr civic and private life, get good leaders. Look if we didnt have any leaders, what would happen to us? We'd be like Somalia where anarchy and lawlessness reign. However we do have a government - a malfunctioning one, I might add, and all our troubles no matter how u look at it stem from this malfunction. Like u pointed out, no institution or class of ppl are spared and this is because there is a kind of domino effect in that once  chip number 1 is displaced, it displaces the next adjacent to it and so on. So if the govt has unprincipled unscrupulous ppl at the helm, what's to stop the majority of citizens becoming unprincipled and unscrupulous? Everyone who becomes appointed into an office as its head or even minion, wants to emulate his predecessors and go one worse than the predecessors in deceit and corruption. The thing is that its not this particular govt that is the root cause of the problems, but it, like 90% of past govts only perpetuates them instead of provides solutions.
In da gwamnatoci suna aikin su, da tun ran gini, tun ran zane. In muka fara samun matsaloli na ilimi for example, the govt would take steps to redress it, since malamai mostly gwmanati suke wa aiki. Lokacin da malamai suka shiga yajin aiki don karin albashi, gwamnati ta saurare su? Amma within the same period of time, the same gwamnati was busy upgrading the salaries of its politicians - the so called leaders by over 100%. I recall mentioning that the salary of a headmaster at around 180,000 Naira per annum was the equivalent of the per annum newspaper allowance of a senator.

Kuma da kake ce wai the beautiful ones are not yet born, you cant be more wrong. Everyone is beautiful. Let out the beauty by rooting out the evil that hides the beauty. Kuma sai ka shekara dubu kana cewa Allah Ya Gyara, amma in bumiyi initiating gyaran ba, randa Allah Ya tashi Kawo Gyaran Sa, sai ka gwammace kidi da karatu Muhsin. In mun tashi tsaye we can initiate the gyara and Allah Will Help us bring about a less devastating gyara but which nevertheless sees us through the rough and hard times we are facing.

GoodFella

Was this what happened? Sorry to hear.

Lol...cool down Mr. Novelist. Strive for change, then things would change. Never fold arms and pray only.
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)