News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

NIGERIA AT 48, PROGRESS OR RETROGRESS?

Started by mlbash, October 07, 2008, 08:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlbash

Nigeria at 48, progress or retrogress? "Nigeria has not only a right, but also a tremendous duty to become independent, so that she may play her proper part in the affairs of the nation................as the country of the African continent having by far the largest population, we shall inevitably occupy an important position from the moment we become independent..............our slightest act our every word, will have repercussions on our neighbors, and I am confident that Nigeria will probe to be stabilizing force in Africa, that our example will induce conditions favorable to orderly progress and development." - Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Nigeria's first and only Prime Minister (October, 1960)
1st October supposes to be a great and indeed a historic day for all Nigerians, but that seem an obsolete phenomena now. It is very pathetic for true patriots that in forty eight years we virtually lost almost all the tutelage of our ancestors and we seem to be crawling instead of running on our feet's. Thanks to those sadomasochists! Those Nationalist that sacrificed all they possessed, above all their lives for Nigeria to come to being; Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto, Chief Nmandi Azikwe and like would have, have a second thought for their selfless action had it been known to them that all their efforts will be held at ransom by opportunistic predators!
"Among certain people to-day, there is too much craving for wealth. Let us remember that money is not all. Money without integrity is dishonorable. If I have plenty of money, does it really mean that my children will not squander it? If they do, all the hoarding has been worthless. And if I acquire wealth dishonorably the dishonor remains long after the wealth has been squandered".
How right these statements were then and how very wrong are they in to-day's Nigeria!In his believe and his likes then and nowadays honesty and good name were and are all that really matters. May his soul and all the like rest in peace, to the end of time that name and it likes were written in gold and grateful Nigerians shall remain for all they have done to the making of Nigeria a sovereign nation. The statements are very wrong in to-day's Nigeria because good name, honesty and integrity were for long been replaced by greed, selfishness, looting, sadomasochism and oppression as yardstick for public respect. In to-day's Nigeria, money is everything; the respect one earns from the public is directly proportionate to his ruthlessly acquired wealth at all cost.
"Let us now reflect on what it means for Nigeria to be independent. Although independent means freedom, it is not freedom of the jungle where might is right. We are not free to molest others less strong than ourselves or trample with their right simply because we are in a position of authority over them........................ the eyes of the world are on Nigeria now and there are many friends who hope we shall be the leading nation in Africa. Let me say with all the emphasis at my command that we shall never attain this goal if there is suspicion and mistrust among the people of Nigeria .................." – Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto (October, 1960)Sardauna had failed to vision the present day Nigeria he would have reframe his statement above! For in present Nigeria, those in authority not only molest or trample on the right of others but they do exploit, punish, terrorize and hold them at ransom in their own fatherland. They are denied medical attention, no proper and healthy water supply, no good roads, no security to lives and properties, no adequate education, no agricultural provisions, no social amenities and the most painful and barbaric of all the masses can not vote the people they deem fit for their mandate, those that will respond to their aspirations and yearnings! This is despite the billions of dollars being realized on daily basis. It is being said that the revenue generated from 1999 to date is by far more than that generated from Independence to 1998! How pathetic? Talking about dividend of democracy, I think our way to attainment of such is really far and not at this trend. We just need to change our attitude and in vive the tutelage of the heroes of the past the men of honor, reputation and integrity. An eye opener to the present so called politicians and democrats!

MUHAMMAD BASHIR
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Nuruddeen

Quote from: mlbash on October 07, 2008, 08:26:15 PM
Nigeria at 48, progress or retrogress? "Nigeria has not only a right, but also a tremendous duty to become independent, so that she may play her proper part in the affairs of the nation................as the country of the African continent having by far the largest population, we shall inevitably occupy an important position from the moment we become independent..............our slightest act our every word, will have repercussions on our neighbors, and I am confident that Nigeria will probe to be stabilizing force in Africa, that our example will induce conditions favorable to orderly progress and development." - Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Nigeria's first and only Prime Minister (October, 1960)
1st October supposes to be a great and indeed a historic day for all Nigerians, but that seem an obsolete phenomena now. It is very pathetic for true patriots that in forty eight years we virtually lost almost all the tutelage of our ancestors and we seem to be crawling instead of running on our feet's. Thanks to those sadomasochists! Those Nationalist that sacrificed all they possessed, above all their lives for Nigeria to come to being; Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto, Chief Nmandi Azikwe and like would have, have a second thought for their selfless action had it been known to them that all their efforts will be held at ransom by opportunistic predators!
"Among certain people to-day, there is too much craving for wealth. Let us remember that money is not all. Money without integrity is dishonorable. If I have plenty of money, does it really mean that my children will not squander it? If they do, all the hoarding has been worthless. And if I acquire wealth dishonorably the dishonor remains long after the wealth has been squandered".
How right these statements were then and how very wrong are they in to-day's Nigeria!In his believe and his likes then and nowadays honesty and good name were and are all that really matters. May his soul and all the like rest in peace, to the end of time that name and it likes were written in gold and grateful Nigerians shall remain for all they have done to the making of Nigeria a sovereign nation. The statements are very wrong in to-day's Nigeria because good name, honesty and integrity were for long been replaced by greed, selfishness, looting, sadomasochism and oppression as yardstick for public respect. In to-day's Nigeria, money is everything; the respect one earns from the public is directly proportionate to his ruthlessly acquired wealth at all cost.
"Let us now reflect on what it means for Nigeria to be independent. Although independent means freedom, it is not freedom of the jungle where might is right. We are not free to molest others less strong than ourselves or trample with their right simply because we are in a position of authority over them........................ the eyes of the world are on Nigeria now and there are many friends who hope we shall be the leading nation in Africa. Let me say with all the emphasis at my command that we shall never attain this goal if there is suspicion and mistrust among the people of Nigeria .................." – Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto (October, 1960)Sardauna had failed to vision the present day Nigeria he would have reframe his statement above! For in present Nigeria, those in authority not only molest or trample on the right of others but they do exploit, punish, terrorize and hold them at ransom in their own fatherland. They are denied medical attention, no proper and healthy water supply, no good roads, no security to lives and properties, no adequate education, no agricultural provisions, no social amenities and the most painful and barbaric of all the masses can not vote the people they deem fit for their mandate, those that will respond to their aspirations and yearnings! This is despite the billions of dollars being realized on daily basis. It is being said that the revenue generated from 1999 to date is by far more than that generated from Independence to 1998! How pathetic? Talking about dividend of democracy, I think our way to attainment of such is really far and not at this trend. We just need to change our attitude and in vive the tutelage of the heroes of the past the men of honor, reputation and integrity. An eye opener to the present so called politicians and democrats!

MUHAMMAD BASHIR

Thats good one Mlbash. I hope the leaders will lsiten...I hope...I hope my brother.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).